COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Deviant Start

How would one begin novice training as a mischievous deviant without arousing suspicion and getting into trouble? Can you break into your own house per se? What about masquerading under false documents and pickpocketing? Is there some way to avoid trouble until you believe you are prepared to go out and try it against other PCs? And would OPCs and NPCs react accordingly to a crime? Just curious really.

Maybe guilds can create a hitman-esque training simulation with varying degrees of difficulty. Got any other ideas?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. Friend Code: 7A6894

4/26/2017 8:04:57 AM #1

Well, I would recommend learning to run away as fast as possible before pursuing any deviant activities.

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏

4/26/2017 8:50:34 AM #2

I would recommend joining a deviant-type guild! I'm sure they will have areas, and even instructors, for training you in the arts!

4/26/2017 11:16:16 AM #3

Hopefully you'll be able to join a family with parents that know the skill you want to learn the most so they can teach you, even a deviant skill.

4/26/2017 11:16:42 AM #4

Guilds are for professions but associations are the "wow style" guilds in CoE.

I don't know anymore.

4/26/2017 11:44:00 AM #5

Hey! Welcome to CoE! I recommend pursuing your deviancy under the radar and I agree with @Devoun. It would be beneficial to do your deviance in relative safety and away from prying eyes. This is why deviant groups will be ideal. The link above is for my bandit/deviant fraternity. With a guild's backing, you would have all the resources available to train up your skills, resupply when needed and even sell your newly 'acquired' goods, safely. Do a little research, some guild's here are looking for deviants, but for the purpose of spying or scouting.

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

4/26/2017 1:03:45 PM #6

Not going to be a deviant, but I can imagine them building a town under their own jurisdiction. Like an empty town for dry runs like most armies do for their soldiers.

4/26/2017 2:35:13 PM #7

I'm going to be teaching skills at the school I will be working with..I planned to have locked chest they can be relocked, I'm hoping that reverse pick pocket will be a skill and I don't have to take things from people, I don't know how stealth skilling up will work, I can't see it working any different from the way elderscrolls does it. From disguises I will just ask people to have their clothes...If you don't have the resources to make your own training gear I would guess you have to be a deviant.

4/26/2017 2:37:38 PM #8

Posted By DoctorFaust at 06:03 AM - Wed Apr 26 2017

Not going to be a deviant, but I can imagine them building a town under their own jurisdiction. Like an empty town for dry runs like most armies do for their soldiers.

I could see this being built in a remote area far from curious eyes 😼

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

4/26/2017 2:58:02 PM #9

Posted By Joreel at 09:37 AM - Wed Apr 26 2017

The count would know it was there. Though if the count is in on it they would just keep that knowledge to themselves.

4/26/2017 3:38:41 PM #10

Posted By Takeda_Shinukage at 06:16 AM - Wed Apr 26 2017

Guilds are for professions but associations are the "wow style" guilds in CoE.

Guild is the correct term in this instance. Think thieves guild. Being a deviant is a profession, spies assassins ect.

4/26/2017 4:10:23 PM #11

I think many of the skills in the Deviant Tree can be used by Non-Deviant players. Learning the skills, at least to a medium skill, should not be that hard. Its the application of the skills that makes the Deviant. While I can use poison on my arrows for a more successful hunt, the same poison can be applied to a blow gun dart and used on selected human targets. The same can be said for the use of Parkour, I could use it to scale seemingly unassailable areas in a cave or to climb to a open second story for a more nefarious intention. Sure some skills are purely in the Deviant wheelhouse and for those you need to find a hidden trainer or group but I feel for the most part it will be up to the application whether they are Deviant or not.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

4/26/2017 4:27:43 PM #12

Sullen makes a very good point when he says that many of the skills in the deviant tree have valid legitimate uses, even stuff like forgery has a legitimate purpose if you're making copies of artwork with permission. If you want to start as a deviant I'm sure you can inherit some skills from your parents, but if you want to get good well there are some things you can legitimately do in a town to practice.

Coming Soon(tm)

4/26/2017 5:28:09 PM #13

Posted By Kaynadin at 10:58 AM - Wed Apr 26 2017

Posted By Joreel at 09:37 AM - Wed Apr 26 2017

The count would know it was there. Though if the count is in on it they would just keep that knowledge to themselves.

The Count would only know if someone tells them, just because we have a lang management table doesn't mean we can see everything ever built on County land.

4/26/2017 6:04:42 PM #14

Posted By Devoun at 01:50 AM - Wed Apr 26 2017

I would recommend joining a deviant-type guild! I'm sure they will have areas, and even instructors, for training you in the arts!

UDL is recruiting for just such people. Click on my signature to be directed to the recruitment page. The Lord of Bones be with you...

Myrkul is always with us...

4/26/2017 6:15:50 PM #15

"Training schools" for deviants? Wut? How would you recruit enough people to make this worthwhile and how could you trust anyone enough to teach them to do bad things? If such a thing ever existed, it would be destroyed once it was discovered (and it will be discovered), making the whole concept pointless.

There is not and cannot be a "safe way" to practice being a deviant just so you can get good enough at it to best other players.

The way you get good/better is by doing it ... and surviving. Do it solo. Do it as part of a gang. But the doing is the way.

The way you don't get good at it is by getting caught ... and dying. This is probably why in the real world, deviancy is pretty limited relative to the total population. Most are incarcerated and/or killed.

Friend Code: 4AC3A3