COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Pre-Alpha experiences

Are they out yet? If so where can you get them?

4/27/2017 7:55:02 AM #1

Pre-alpha experiences are scheduled to happen at a variety of times. Caeoltoiri responded recently to a similar question here

For quick reference:

1. Pre-alpha experiences ◃ Where we are now
  2. Alpha 1 (aka Closed Alpha, under NDA) wiped
  3. Alpha 2 (aka Open Alpha) wiped
  4. Beta 1 (aka Closed Beta, under NDA) wiped
  5. Beta 2 (aka Open Beta) wiped
  6. Exposition (aka the world-building phase)
  7. Launch

I can only add that the UNOFFICIAL dates for the next parts of this process (domain and settlement selection), are currently pegged to happen in a couple of months. I would say ATM that a comfortable ballpark guess at getting our first actualy whack at pre-game experiences might happen around mid-June? (Which would be fine for me, that's around my birthday.)

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

4/27/2017 8:01:37 AM #2

Well, while the alpha content and beta stuff will be "wiped" it does write the history of the world.

4/27/2017 8:22:17 AM #3

Posted By Lianne_Drake at 01:01 AM - Thu Apr 27 2017

Well, while the alpha content and beta stuff will be "wiped" it does write the history of the world.

Yes and no, what we do in the Pre-Alpha experiences of ElyriaMUD and Kingdoms of Elyria will write the world history. What happens in the Prologue is pre-written to both introduce players to the game's mechanics, and to establish a world even that catalyses the state of the world(s) at Launch.

Alpha and Beta, which are wiped are chances for backers to get in on bug killing and thresh hold marking for mechanics and will often likely go like this: "OK Alpha Backers, try this mechanic for a week and see if you can find the bugs" Upon which players will have a week or however long the devs say, to try and break the mechanics in the most spectacular ways.

Those more "behind the scenes" aspects will be wiped, though the Pre-Alpha experiences whic align to playing your family history will be encorporated into the servers.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

4/27/2017 12:47:36 PM #4

Does everyone have access to the 3 "PAE's" regardless of package? Or is it locked until it goes through its respective phase to reach your access point? To clarify, will I be able to play the prologue immediately after its release or is it locked to those with Alpha 1 access? Apologies if its been answered.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. Friend Code: 7A6894

4/27/2017 1:01:16 PM #5

Posted By Icelus_Blade at 08:47 AM - Thu Apr 27 2017

Does everyone have access to the 3 "PAE's" regardless of package? Or is it locked until it goes through its respective phase to reach your access point? To clarify, will I be able to play the prologue immediately after its release or is it locked to those with Alpha 1 access? Apologies if its been answered.

The Pre-Alpha Experiences will go through alpha and beta first, but will eventually be released to all backers.

Shieldwall Strong!

4/27/2017 2:49:01 PM #6

Posted By CommonlyQuixotic at 08:01 AM - Thu Apr 27 2017

Posted By Icelus_Blade at 08:47 AM - Thu Apr 27 2017

The Pre-Alpha Experiences will go through alpha and beta first, but will eventually be released to all backers.

KOE is for the nobility/aristocracy to manage their territories and while the rest of the people will be affected by as well as affect KOE through the MUD, they won't be able to directly be able to participate in it.