COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
HEALING

If applicable, what will be the game mechanic for healing?  Will you only be able to heal yourself aka Guild Wars 2?  Or will there be a dedicated healing class aka WoW, bringing back a third dimension to the team?

7/27/2015 10:26:56 PM #1

Crowfall is doing without dedicated healers but they're a PvP centric game so it makes sense.  Not sure if they're doing the Trinity (tank/DPS/Heals) here as a built in game structure so I'm pretty interested in knowing how healing is being handled as well.

7/27/2015 10:42:59 PM #2

I think the game mechanic for healing, will alow you to heal yourself, random people, and your party. And maybe your mount, if the mount was attackable and killable.

7/27/2015 10:45:27 PM #3

Is this what you're hoping for or is there info somewhere that I've missed that hints this is the healing structure being planned?

7/28/2015 12:06:08 AM #4

I think that maybe 1 quick assumption is that healing is going to be predominately spell-based healing.  I am not too sure with this game.  It sounds as if some spell healing may be possible, to say a cleric/priest character, but based on what I have read so far (in the small amount that we know right now), healing may be mostly see in the form of potions, salves, bandages and the like.

7/28/2015 11:51:30 AM #5

I really really really hope that there will be some sort of healing class/spells. I jumped of the Crowfall train beacuse of the lack of a healer. The same goes for Gw2 and other new mmos getting rid of healing.

I cant see healing via potions,salves etc to really be healing. The option to use such thing should ofcourse still be there.

We will know in the future, hopefully sooner than later :)

Micke

7/28/2015 11:42:36 PM #6

Well. I've been thinking about this. They seem to be going for a very immersive style, of game. Kind of like a simulator. So I think, I can conclude that we'd see our health would not recover over time, but only get worse, unless healed, I'm sure that we'd see two different types of healing, e.g. medical and magical.

How effective and what the cons and pluses of each are, we'll have to wait. It's definitely going to be different though.

But on the topic of healing. What about our injuries? Can we be maimed, lose limbs, suffer bad, injuries or get illnesses or diseases that can impact our character? That'd be interesting.

7/30/2015 1:27:16 AM #7

Healing will function like any other skill within our game. Everyone and anyone can heal either themselves or one another, but just how competently you can do so will all depend on how skilled you are in that area. 

However, healing is NOT magical. Think of healing along the same lines as applying first-aid or performing triage. 

So in a sense, you could potentially have someone in your group who would be extremely proficient at healing, if that character has spent a significant time sharpening his skills. 

-Miguel

\[T]/

7/30/2015 10:10:59 AM #8

Thx Miguel.

Not really what i hoped for. For me thats really not healing. To many new games in the works that skip the art of healing nowdays.

Well well, ill still keep a small eye on this game anyway.

Micke

7/30/2015 12:10:52 PM #9

Nice... Very nice...Although i love magical healing, that kind of more tactical realistic healing, applied in a fantasy-ish world really seems interesting.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p795/SilDarklight/Chronicles%20of%20Elyria/Forum/Sigs/Luccheno%20600x100altzpsuev3knqe.jpg

7/30/2015 3:33:06 PM #10

Hey Guys,

Souzou and the others are intentionally keeping information about the magic system under wraps right now at my request. We're doing some stuff here that's very different than what's been done before, and we don't want to spoil it before we get to a dev journal that addresses it.

With that said, there will be a form of magical healing. More details to come.

7/30/2015 3:42:39 PM #11

So there will be magical healers as well as medics?  Loving the variety I must say.

I've never been much of a mage, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you have planned for magic.

Found my guide helpful? Show your love by adding my Friend Code:1996D8

7/30/2015 7:37:17 PM #12

WHen you say shaping his skills are you referring to leveling as skill or the player's ability?

Will the be resurrecting?

7/30/2015 7:44:56 PM #13

The bits ur putting out are so making me wanna be a medic/mage healer ahahaha... After years away, maybe i'll come back to the roots of my gaming time as a more oriented support/healer LOOOL

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p795/SilDarklight/Chronicles%20of%20Elyria/Forum/Sigs/Luccheno%20600x100altzpsuev3knqe.jpg

7/31/2015 2:54:22 AM #14

I guess

1. monks will be available, and some form of a prayer / blessing healing as a form of magical aid for players.

2. alchemy concotions

3. medicine (natural and formalized)

Hit or miss ?

It's dead, Jim.

7/31/2015 3:21:35 AM #15

Both. 

You can find more on the introduction page.

"But there is more to becoming a master blacksmith than waiting on a progress bar. Requiring fast reflexes and good hand-eye coordination, skill based mini-games for non-combat skills means that for every action the character takes, some degree of player skill is required.".

As for your second question, can you clarify what you mean by resurrection? 

-Miguel

\[T]/