COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
starving when offline and other pack questions

heya just a few quick ones

1. can you starve to death if you go offline. I read some things about your character going on some kind of AI mode to protect itself. however i can see people forgetting to have enough food in bank for being offline a bit longer then they expected and bam charcter dead :P

2. are the treasure maps ( see the lower packs) a one off? with that I mean if I use one during beta is it spent. so I lose out during launch?

3. I want to try out the game first with a low pack (below merchant) but what if I would really like to start a blacksmith shop? Can I still do that (buy something for that) after launch.....

4. Im wondering on how buying and selling goes, As I understand you can buy/sell from player shops. So im guessing there no auction house?

5. is there no safe spot for low pack users? as some info talks about having to have actual guards and such.

6. last question can you store/bank items somwhere safely (for example for your heir/inheriter) without risk of theft?

5/9/2017 11:43:05 AM #1

Hello and welcome,

1 - You won't starve to death if you log out while in the settlement. Some more clarification about that here.

2 - No idea.

3 - No, once the game is out you will not be able to purchase anything higher than founder.

4 - Yes there won't be auction houses, people and npcs will have their shops, I assume some cities will have big markets and you can trade with people directly.

5 - What do you mean by safe spots? PvP can be done anywhere, but generally cities will be safe spots due to presence of guards in them, and when you go out in the world you shouldn't expect a gank fest. Personal guards will be used mostly by nobles or wealthy merchants, people who make a good target for a bandit attack, I doubt people will risk their spirit just to attack a random traveler.

6 - There will be always a risk, but there are options to minimize it - If you have a house you can store items there in locked chests or hidden safe, also people will have their banks/storage boxes available for rent, and I assume you will be able to rent a room in a tavern for example where you can keep your stuff while you stay there.

5/9/2017 11:53:23 AM #2

cool and such a quick complete response too. Thanks Your 2e anwser still bit unclear about the question if i can blacksmith an have a shop without the merchant pack.

5/9/2017 12:00:45 PM #3

yea can have a shop after launch, you just wont be able to buy it with real world money, exposition points, or with a pledge package.

5/9/2017 12:02:22 PM #4

ty

5/9/2017 12:03:48 PM #5

Posted By saberstormer at 2:53 PM - Tue May 09 2017

cool and such a quick complete response too. Thanks Your 2e anwser still bit unclear about the question if i can blacksmith an have a shop without the merchant pack.

oh, missed that, after launch you will not be able to buy items needed for that using EP or getting different pledge.

But there's nothing stopping you from becoming a blacksmith, and you will be able to eventually get your own shop with in-game money/fame etc.

5/9/2017 12:05:55 PM #6

The answer for 2 is that you won't have access to your maps and stuff in beta.

As for if you can have a shop without the merchant package - yes you can.

You'll probably have to work for it though - either buy saving up enough coin to buy a forge by working for someone else or by inheriting it.

Coming Soon(tm)

5/9/2017 12:24:07 PM #7

ty!!