COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Siblings

Hi,

I have a question about potential siblings. Initially I wanted to join the game as the child of a player couple but I am not sure that would possible since my parents would need to be significantly older than me in order to have a child. I doubt anyone will want to start a middle aged character at creation. However, the idea of joining with a family of siblings came to me but I am not sure it would be possible. I have been reading the journals and as I understand it I would need to pick the same npc parents as my potential siblings but I am not sure if that is possible.

On a side note I have been looking at guilds in NA East if someone is open to the idea of having a daughter lets talk

5/10/2017 10:10:20 PM #1

Those of us with a title will have to start as an older character. So there will be a number of NTC folks at start.

As for siblings it most definitely would you would just have to coordinate and make sure no one else took your siblings spot.

5/10/2017 11:49:57 PM #2

It is true, a fair number of people will probably choose older characters to begin Exposition with. Keep in mind, Caspian has stated that the plan is to have about the same amount of playtime for everyone (not including spirit loss, etc.), regardless of age, so starting at a middle age will still give a full (potential) year of playtime. I think the cutoff for choosing an NTC is 52 years old.

That said, I believe that if you'd like to join the world as siblings with NPC parents, first you'd find an NPC family with plenty of children. Then you can join as one of the children, and you should have access to the codes of your NPC siblings that can be given to your friends so they can then join as your siblings. Also, like Malais said, there will probably be player couples who join as an NTC couple who already have NPC children, which you could choose with their permission. The downside here is that I think NTCs will have little to no customization. I'm still a little confused myself as to what point you'd be able to slightly customize a child you'll be playing, and at what point or in what situation they become more like NTCs which you wouldn't be able to.

This dev journal delves into a lot of family/character topics, so I highly recommend giving it a look-though: Down the Rabbit Hole. I think it's still pretty up to date, but of course things are subject to change.

5/11/2017 9:12:27 AM #3

You should talk to Francis Drake in Vornair. I believe the Drakes are always looking for more Family. Very cool and approachable people. Also quite well connected if that is what you are after.

Here is their discord: https://discord.gg/jcSNF

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏

5/12/2017 3:12:22 AM #4

Thanks for the shameless plug Leo hahahaha +1

5/12/2017 11:33:41 AM #5

Posted By FrancisDrake at 11:12 PM - Thu May 11 2017

Thanks for the shameless plug Leo hahahaha +1

Self-Respect is only a handicap afterall

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏

5/19/2017 4:04:53 PM #6

hahah I love you Drakes.. Francis what's up my friend?

Count Dante Rhyne The Black Fox of Vornair

C61D9F

5/19/2017 4:17:23 PM #7

Chameleon since you got some answers you were looking for and I am in NA-W, this is a little off topic.

I -Love- your avatar. :)