COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Hail and well met!

Hail and well met Elyrians!

This is my first post, though I created my forum account in October 2015. I became a silent observer and have followed the game’s development since. I am proud to say I took the plunge late last week and made it official with a Magistrate’s package, severely damaging my bank account in the process.

I shall be based on the NA-East server and am open to Kingdom/Duchy/County recruitment…with just a few stipulations:

1. My character’s name is subject to change, since I would prefer to use the one I’ve had for decades in D&D…yet I don’t want to piss off the owner (see signature below).
  2. I would love to run a sea-port and would prefer my character be Mydarri.
  3. I hope to host a school or training center based around nautical activities, eventually leading to ship-building and exploration.
  4. I am in the process of developing ideas for my settlement, including a crest/symbol but have not finalized anything, including name.
  5. My play schedule during any given week will vary from a lot in the summer to very little in the fall (autumn is a busy time).
  6. I prefer to communicate by chat (I will type your ear off), just don’t expect me to be a very talkative fellow. I don’t even think my mic works, lol.

I have been playing graphical MMO’s since their inception in the 1990’s, beginning with Ultima Online. My favorite was probably Star Wars Galaxies (original incarnation) as I ran my own city and guild there (loved architecture and city-building).

I currently play ArcheAge because of its open-world housing but I generally do not engage in PvP, so CoE sounds very intriguing if not slightly dangerous. I’ve tried dozens of other games over the decades as well but am always drawn to ones that have open-world housing and supportive communities.

Be well until we meet in game!

Erigon Dragonbane (but hoping to use “Caspian Quicksilver”)

5/11/2017 1:30:50 AM #1

Hey there.

Took your sweet time hunh? xP

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏

5/11/2017 1:44:21 AM #2

Welcome! I was on Tahyang for about a year from Headstart. Fun times! As of right now, nobody knows exactly where they will be in game. We can try for certain regions or tribes but it's no guarantee.

That being said, we have a pretty good group building up! Give us a look =D

5/11/2017 2:26:58 AM #3

Posted By Noslim at 8:44 PM - Wed May 10 2017

Welcome! I was on Tahyang for about a year from Headstart. Fun times! As of right now, nobody knows exactly where they will be in game. We can try for certain regions or tribes but it's no guarantee.

That being said, we have a pretty good group building up! Give us a look =D

I am an NA-E count, not pledged to a particular Kingdom yet either.

Plus we're waiting for the big tribes full reveal soon. Not just names and silhouettes. Still deciding between Brudvir and Dras myself, although open to the possibility of a more intriguing option.

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

5/11/2017 3:10:58 AM #4

Welcome to chronicles of elyria. I'm Count Chratis Fulmine of the Kingdom of Bordweall. We are located on the NA East server. And I am also captain of the third squad of the Order of the IX.

As an avid D&D player I can completely understand wanting to keep your name. I also played Archeage, at least until my guild left due to some of the things going on with the game and devs. I'd like to talk with you, here is a link to my discord channel, or you can private message me.

https://discord.gg/012Sr5ADFa87tHEab

I look forward to hearing from you, and maybe my county will be the home you're looking for.

5/11/2017 3:18:44 AM #5

Welcome aboard.

I don't believe firstnames are unique; it's surnames that people are paying for (or will use a surname given to them by the game if they didn't pledge high enough), so there might be multiple people with the same firstname, AFAIK.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

5/11/2017 8:16:01 AM #6

Posted By Erigon Dragonbane at

1. My character’s name is subject to change, since I would prefer to use the one I’ve had for decades in D&D…yet I don’t want to piss off the owner (see signature below).

Everyone will eventually get new character aliases/personas as part of version 3 of the website. They may routinely change names, since they will most likely be connected to souls [otherwise they might eventually be ghosts of past characters with no connection to the living Dance of Dynasties]. However, you could possibly have Caspian Quicksilver the Tenth in the tenth year [assuming you don't lose a Caspian heir before taking over or that it is possible to name several sons Caspian].

Those who fail to learn the historical maneuvers of the Great Dance are doomed to repeating a classic misstep. -- FC--96C878

5/11/2017 2:58:31 PM #7

Posted By FenixFireSage at 02:16 AM - Thu May 11 2017

Posted By Erigon Dragonbane at

Everyone will eventually get new character aliases/personas as part of version 3 of the website. They may routinely change names, since they will most likely be connected to souls [otherwise they might eventually be ghosts of past characters with no connection to the living Dance of Dynasties]. However, you could possibly have Caspian Quicksilver the Tenth in the tenth year [assuming you don't lose a Caspian heir before taking over or that it is possible to name several sons Caspian].

The v3 website sounds super kickass. I am really looking forward to it.

5/11/2017 3:46:02 PM #8

On your name I don't think he'll mind. But on that, unless you keep naming your children Caspian (is that even supported?) it will be your surname that follows you through reincarnation.

I'm currently chronicling the EU server down to count level and I'm only putting down family names as I fully expect first names to change on a yearly (sooner for others) basis.

I guess you might be able to use 'Caspian Quicksilver' as a family name, sort of bundling a middle and surname. Might not be to your taste though.

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

5/11/2017 3:49:59 PM #9

Posted By ZeroCool at 10:46 AM - Thu May 11 2017

On your name I don't think he'll mind. But on that, unless you keep naming your children Caspian (is that even supported?) it will be your surname that follows you through reincarnation.

I'm currently chronicling the EU server down to count level and I'm only putting down family names as I fully expect first names to change on a yearly (sooner for others) basis.

I'm interested in this as well. Can your child be Caspian Quicksilver Jr.? Will there be middle names eventually so you'll be Caspian Name Quicksilver and your child will be Caspian Othername Quicksilver? How many generations can have the same name? Will there eventually be a Caspian Quicksilver XX?

Hope it helps...

5/11/2017 10:53:56 PM #10

Just got home from work and found a ton of messages in my inbox and of course the wonderful responses here! Thanks all for the warm welcome and can't wait to get it started!

5/12/2017 12:26:40 AM #11

Posted By PixiePunchPie at 08:49 AM - Thu May 11 2017

Posted By ZeroCool at 10:46 AM - Thu May 11 2017

I'm interested in this as well. Can your child be Caspian Quicksilver Jr.? Will there be middle names eventually so you'll be Caspian Name Quicksilver and your child will be Caspian Othername Quicksilver? How many generations can have the same name? Will there eventually be a Caspian Quicksilver XX?

Unless there has been any change in the past year this was covered in the Mar 21, 2016 QnA.

Q: Can people have the same first name on the same server?

A: They can, yes. We actually don’t distinguish between first name at all, so it’s possible to have everybody on the server if they wanted to have the first name. It’s the combination first name and last name that we use to recognize identities, but even then it’s possible to have so-and-so the first, the second, or the third. We probably will limit it so people who have the same given name and surname do have to exist in the same family line, so you could have uncles and aunts or fathers that have the same given name and surname. As long as they share the same bloodline, they can actually have the same given name and surname.

Q: Same given name, same surname, really… even if you’re not in the same bloodline?

A: So, remember identities are something that anybody can really assume, as long as you have what you need in order to take on that identity. So, we have to be careful about what we claim in terms of uniqueness, because really, anybody can be anybody to some degree or another. But, the idea is when actually naming a character, giving yourself on your naming day, you could have the same given name and surname as someone else in your lineage but not somebody who’s not in your lineage.

Those who fail to learn the historical maneuvers of the Great Dance are doomed to repeating a classic misstep. -- FC--96C878

5/12/2017 12:46:28 AM #12

Hello Erigon Dragonbane! You might know me from Archeage. I'm a pesky bad typer and afk-ing farmer.

Going to purchase my pack soon. Still deciding between a few things and the direction I want to take, and the roll over date on my credit card :P

I want in your town!

~Yours truly~ Clarion

PS. Sarabell is out of time out for trying to drown you in AA the other night, so watch out (=^.^=) (...)

5/13/2017 12:50:48 PM #13

Welcome! I have no idea what I want to name my character, everyone seems to have it worked out already. I'll probably end up naming her 1234

ayy lmao