COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Losing titles

Does anyone have plans to lose their titles? So far i haven't met someone that has mentioned plans to change to roles lower on social ladder.

Personally I do actually think it will be fun to set up an area and then retreat and become an observer. I guess i play like a chozo

5/23/2017 4:33:04 AM #16

Posted By Mythos Cardan at 8:59 PM - Mon May 22 2017

When I do lose it I hope it is spectacular worthy of a tale, would like it to go out with a bang like a big battle last stand bull shit, then I am going to become legendary cream pie maker, travel across the Elyria peddling cream pies, so no soul ever will lack a cream pie ..... a LEGENDARY cream pie I p2W for blue prints! ;)

. Lewd

7/28/2017 5:06:38 AM #17

I think it would be best to start off as a "nobody" and work your way up after exploring and making connections with other characters. I don't know how difficult it would be but it seems like the funniest way to play.

hello

8/22/2017 1:12:50 PM #18

Doesn't look like a smart move to me. The best is IMHO to just make the best of it until you lose it to a better person. Anyway, my people will not allow that to happen. They all love my because of the low taxes and the many parties :)

8/22/2017 1:41:25 PM #19

It's going to depend a lot upon game mechanics. I recall that there will be ways for nobles to delegate authority to others, so if there's some aspect to it you don't like, you can assign it to someone else. If that's the case, I'd be interested in handing over the authority/responsibility of my title to someone else so I'd be free to pursue other interests.

HOWEVER, that would be conditional upon how much ability there would be to revoke that authority. So that way if the person I appoint to be the replacement becomes a jerk, I'd be able to revoke the title.

So basically it just depends.

9/2/2017 8:33:18 PM #20

I will use my title eventually. I may use it in MUD. I will probably start my soul as an explorer or perhaps a merchant...a blacksmith maybe. To answer your question. I probably won't step down from my title, but instead play a bit and then step up to the settlement management game.

9/2/2017 8:41:06 PM #21

Posted By Eurickdm at 3:22 PM - Thu May 11 2017

Kind of altruistic player, buy a tittle; spend ep to focus and improve a comunity; leave... Well, if you focus your settlement in religion and plan to play as a monk...

i do actually if i dont like it unless i gift it to a kingdom member.

but im not leaving the game just the responsibility the titles follows.

What goes up must come down. Make something idiot-proof, and they will build a better idiot. If a plan is stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid.

9/3/2017 1:20:28 AM #22

As some others have touched upon I'm hoping to find some reliable players to bring into my family to help me run and build my county. When I or some of the others tire of direct involvement and need a break then the rest will step in to keep things going. Probably more free flow than a rotating roster but working on that basic idea.

When the cutthroats eventually (hopefully not immediately) come for my head I'll hope to take several of theirs with me. I hope that hard work (and some luck) on my county will not only provide me with enough resources to reinvest in its future but also enough personal means for me to diversify elsewhere. When my time comes I'll ideally have enough stockpile and connections to wage a retaking or start anew somewhere else depending on what's most advisable. Either way I think we have plenty of good stories to write through our actions in the future and if I do lose it all and end up a humble miner deep beneath the earth of another kingdom with only memories left of my old ambitions then I will cherish them as I delve for whatever my new dreams will be.

9/3/2017 9:42:20 AM #23

If I ever get to lose my land, I hope to continue as a ingame Robbin Hood. I will become a bandit to steal from the new count and everybody else who betrayed me. It all depends on how long of a run I've had and if anyone in the kingdom really helped me.

I hope to train survival skills, so I don't even need a house anymore. The Dras can even eat polluted food and drink polluted water.

9/3/2017 10:07:35 AM #24

Posted By Ilyria_Balmore at 05:42 AM - Sun Sep 03 2017

If I ever get to lose my land, I hope to continue as a ingame Robbin Hood. I will become a bandit to steal from the new count and everybody else who betrayed me. It all depends on how long of a run I've had and if anyone in the kingdom really helped me.

I hope to train survival skills, so I don't even need a house anymore. The Dras can even eat polluted food and drink polluted water.

This is exactly what I will be doing, if I lose my settlement. I will make sure my heirs inherit some skill knowledge to help them along on that path.

9/3/2017 3:34:03 PM #25

For me, it will depend on how Alpha and Beta goes, what UIs are in place or how much time is actually required for that title. I can see some (like me) spending the EP on first choice of lands for a personal holding then finding a replacement for the actual job/title and walk away to a lower, less time consuming title while still owning the lands. But it is true that if you take the time to build the communities up, then you have a vested interest in their well being. I just see the players that will title jump will do so early in the game for the most part, I don't see many doing it say 3 years into the game unless something significant happens in their real life.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

11/21/2017 3:15:04 PM #26

I'm surprised nobody has plans of building up their names with their titles taking good economic/military/social/judicial decisions and then fight against a group regarded as "evil" by the community, to find a tragic end and be recorded as a martyr of virtuousness.

Or even the complete opposite. Building yourself a reputation as a huge evil that must be defeated. One who relies on bribery to increase his fortune. One who relies on treachery to remove rivals. One who promotes adultery and has child contracts all over his lands... To then fight against a hero who shall end his tyranny.

In both cases, both the evil and the good should be remembered for quite a long time, and it would make for some amazing RP'ing

11/21/2017 5:31:46 PM #27

My plan is for a town based on agriculture with an elective mayor, any players what want to join the town can.

Every 3 months the town will hold elections and the landowners all get to vote, if I get voted out so be it. (Oh the first vote will be 1 month in and I won't be competing)

Although this is just one plan, the others are to donate my barony to my kingdom, donate my barony to the black fang or create my own military order and donate the barony to that, then who ever gets voted the head of the order gets to run the barony

11/22/2017 2:23:55 AM #28

Edit Nvm, didnt read properly. What I thought of isnt possible

12/9/2017 4:30:44 AM #29

I am donating my Count title. It's already spoken for. I never really wanted the name, but I wanted the perks that came with my original package. So I have those, and we will figure out what system works best between us for he and his wife to run the day to day affairs of the county when the time comes.

12/10/2017 1:29:23 AM #30

The plan I have as a Mayor/Baron is to talk to my leadership and see about possibly combining my mayorship/barony with someone and give them the Lands, Villa, Title, etc in exchange for a townhouse and shop and a safe place to keep my war trison in the city. But who knows if there'll be someone in the group willing to do that... Thus far the leadership hasn't been interested in the idea of combining the lands together to form a larger place to start things.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.