COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA DOMAINS
[NA-W] Land of the Forgotten Covenant

“The old covenants are forgotten. Together, friends, let us build anew!”

The land of Coventry had fallen into neglect. Its ruling house had retreated into decadence and an obsession with decoding the ancient knowledge left to it by its mysterious ancestors. The scion of the house, Albrecht, was said to have become mad and mumble riddles and nonsensical theories. With the peoples of the land becoming more isolated from one another, and no confidence in a lord that was silent, mad, and content to let everything rot, talk of rebellion became more and more open. Then one night, a fiery conflagration destroyed the lord’s manor along with many of his family and servants. Nearly killed himself, Albrecht spoke to his people for the first time in years that the covenants binding his line to the ancient gods had been broken and the knowledge of his ancestors destroyed. Albrecht pledged that he would gather the knowledge of Mann to renew the prosperity of the people and raise a Citadel to defend it in preparation for the time in which ancient powers would try to enslave Mann to their covenants once again.

The greatest threat is that which is unknown and gains unified strength while its enemies fracture into squabbling factions. A prosperous land joined together in advancing knowledge, technology, and strength of arms is needed to resist the darkness. The beating heart of Coventry is the Citadel, a storehouse of many types of knowledge and an academy supported by the county tasked with providing knowledge and skills to people throughout the land. It is the belief of the Count that enriching the people with opportunity will spur the development and success of the land and allow all settlements to benefit from the knowledge gathered. The Citadel also seeks to provide its services to guilds that join the county that they may help advance knowledge and become a strong and profitable part of Coventry. Those who would help with the defense of the land are welcome as well with the promise of training in the arts of war and quality weapons and armor from the county’s guilds available. Those groups who wish to take up the cause of the land and its defense are encouraged to speak with the Count. Patronage can bring many benefits, training, equipment, land for forts, and the freedom to fight where needed and contract these services.

The development of technologies will also allow for greater harvests of the land and superior tools. The creation of a port will allow access to international trade and open the county to all peoples of the world so that many types of goods and travelers flow through the county, making it a place where stories can begin and end and anything might happen.

Objectives

The Land of the Forgotten Covenant (Coventry) will be a grand county on the US West server in the Kingdom of Aranor with the goal of becoming a crossroads of travel and trade. This land will recognize the importance of an abundant countryside where land owners and those who live off the land are supported and protected as well as the importance of a strong county seat that supports thriving industries and administrates all areas of the county. Thus the overall goals will be two fold.

To build a city that:

• Develops as a center of knowledge and culture that attracts people throughout the world
  • Supports groups dedicated to these areas
  • Leverages these strengths to build a knowledge based economy that supports industry and skilled labor
  • Produces quality goods and services that will attract traders and clients from a variety of markets
  • Provides access to international markets for goods produced throughout the county
  • Acts as a staging point for adventure and exploration
  • Constructs a port that facilitates these activities and generates revenues for infrastructure upkeep
  • Creates a guard corps to discourage criminal activities, maintain order, and prevent sabotage
  • Pursues a system of justice that seeks to punish lawbreakers and enforce sensible contracts within reason

To establish a countryside that:

• Supports establishment of settlements to foster local communities, industries, and resource development
  • Builds infrastructure to support trade and travel between neighboring lands and the port
  • Has access to knowledge to aid in development of local industries
  • Develops trade relationships between local industries and port markets
  • Builds strategic defenses to counter threats foreign and domestic
  • Creates armed forces to assault encroaching threats and protect the property of land owners

The Count will provide certain benefits to those who visit and settle in the county. Some of these will materialize as the county makes progress on the above goals. These include:

• A welcoming atmosphere to all who wish to join and visit
  • A count interested in community and governance of the land rather than simple domination
  • A count that will provide the ability to connect with the community via forums and discord
  • A county that creates incentives to groups that result in benefits for citizens and the economy (For example: easy access to education, often at a discount
  • Defense of the land that includes upholding land owners property rights within reason
  • A county that considers the importance of supporting and listening to all four major roles: Suppliers, Producers, Explorers, Champions

Much more information can be found on the county’s website. For the full introduction which includes information about minister positions and benefits for mayors, barons, and all members click here. Information on the government and policies of the county can be found here. For those interested in the Citadel see its post here or see its section on the website.

5/18/2017 4:04:47 AM #1

The first Double County that I've ever read about, with more lore than some duchies

5/18/2017 4:17:49 AM #2

Fantastic post, exciting county! Can't wait to see it for myself in game

5/18/2017 10:20:54 PM #3

Hey zoid, I'll trade you a villager token for your starting wagon and horse :)

5/21/2017 3:56:20 AM #4

Aww but then I won't have anything to eat :p

5/22/2017 7:30:20 AM #5

Posted By vonZoidberg at 10:56 PM - Sat May 20 2017

Aww but then I won't have anything to eat :p

Oh....oh my...

5/23/2017 7:41:57 AM #6

Out of all of the counties I've seen posts for, I am easily most interested in yours. I wish you much luck and prosperity. Perhaps I'll even join your county.

5/24/2017 4:01:31 AM #7

Also wanted to highlight that guilds will have perks to joining the Citadel in the capital. A good deal on land, access to the Citadel for member training and employment of some members as professors. Will also supply some training materials as well, and access to advancements from your guild working with others guilds via the Citadel to create new tech single guilds may not be able to come up on their own. Your members will also be able to be tested and gain certifications of their education that will give customers assurance of the quality of your work. Guildmasters will also have their own forum section to promote the guild in.

5/25/2017 2:01:17 PM #8

I just joined up as a Mayor. I plan on having my town be focused on Agriculture and Breeding animals.

6/1/2017 8:38:50 AM #9

Sounds good, looking forward to talking to you on the discord if you want to drop by

6/18/2017 7:40:02 AM #10

Have you picked out a biome yet, vonzoid?

9/15/2017 11:38:55 PM #11

Posted By MatrimCauthon at 02:40 AM - Sun Jun 18 2017

Have you picked out a biome yet, vonzoid?

Someone doesnt check his forum post xd

9/20/2017 1:06:35 AM #12

It's really hard to do that now with the way selection is going to work, but I'm hoping to get a coastal area that is grassland or near mountains. Having some nice farmlands along with mining opportunities would be great.

10/8/2017 6:39:50 AM #13

You did really well in thinking this out, it was a good read to see how much thought you put into it and I really hope to see it bloom in CoE. I like your CoA as well (:

10/11/2017 12:42:40 AM #14

Thanks Sauska. It does take some work but I find a certain enjoyment in reasoning these things out. Perhaps we can share knowledge one day, good luck with your plans.

12/6/2017 6:31:25 AM #15

Posted By vonZoidberg at 8:06 PM - Tue Sep 19 2017

It's really hard to do that now with the way selection is going to work, but I'm hoping to get a coastal area that is grassland or near mountains. Having some nice farmlands along with mining opportunities would be great.

Everyone loves coast, Im not sold on it myself...pirates and all that noise