COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
Lore Story - Ashton Orleans Patron Saint of Hope.

Long ago when times were dark and people knew not the grace of the gods a single man was sent to earth to give humanity a single gift, The Gift of Hope.

In his life Ashton Orleans was but a simple ward of the state, Birthed a bastard son of a whore and a disgraced knight in the Dread Legion territory Ashton's childhood wasn't a happy one, Growing up around the likes of Mercenaries and sell swords he grew up with the tales of murder and assassinations as bed time stories.

Nobody knew this child born in blood and misery didn't enjoy these stories, Naturally it was assumed someone born in this type of environment would assimilate to the society that was around him, But the child never did.

As a ward he often challenged the authority of those who sheltered him, Asserting that peace could be created through other means, That violence shouldn't always be the answer, This was sentiment that garnered him many Sell Swords who came to this land because of a coward king.

The story of the Coward King confused the young lad, He knew a leader had no room to be a coward yet he saw access violence to be the same as cowardice, He wished to be a good citizen however traveling monks told the child that bravery is holding onto a belief even when the vast majority is at odds with you.

After turning 18 Ashton Orleans joined the Monistary, This was a choice that once again garnered him nothing but enemies and people asserting that he was a coward.

However, A time of war came about the small town in which Ashton was born and raised, The war which brought blood unto the streets was one where people lost hope that those in power wouldn't come to liberate them from the opposing forces that now invaded them.

As a priest it was Ashton's job to carry out the last rights of those who died in battle, However something different happend that day, Whoever ashton prayed over came back to life, Shocked at the returned coming back to battle the opposing forces withdrew from the town never to return.

That day, The small town learned something great, That bravery wasn't just a willingness to swing a blade in the direction of an enemy, However Bravery could also be maintaining a belief even when nobody agreed with you.

On that day Ashton Orleans was canonized and dubbed Saint Ashton of the Dread Legion, Patron Saint of Hope and Healing, A title patron saint that many people still pray to before walking into battle in which the numbers aren't in their favor.

"Oh lord, Blessed be those who walk into battle outnumbered Guide their blade into victory as we approach these great odds Let us remember the great sacrifice you made for us Let us remember there is always hope, Even in the darkest of times, Amen."

Hello.

Aspiring Comic book writer and Lover of DND I'm here for a good time and to make great friends as I find a good game to relax with on my days off, I work nights so I'll go on mostly mornings.