COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
We love this game.

This is going to sound weird, but I'm actually VERY tired of reading toxic posts, agressive posts and destructive critizism. So I wanted to create a positive/constructive thread to discuss what we like and why. We can also describe what would we like as a game experience.

Just think for one second, how would you feel if you spend your own money and energy creating an independent game and suddenly, you start reading shitloads of really toxic critizism. I and some of you would feel horrible.

The EP conflict has been solved and clarified because we needed that! (I personally complained about it too) So now what we have to do is saying thanks to Sbs for caring about the community and keep supporing them not only with money. :)

I want to say that I LOVE this game. The concept is amazing, it has the potential to change the entire MMORPG universe so please, don't give up and don't feel overhelmed. I would like to see how is going to work the criminal system and the tactical part in times of war (Sieges, etc). :)

Sorry for this long and stupid post. I just feel like too many toxicity is not going to help anyone. And also, sorry for my possible grammar/spelling mistakes.

5/17/2017 2:59:50 PM #1

I am really excited about the crafting systems, the ten year story and the soulborn engine. I love stories, so an MMO that puts so much emphasis on storytelling on every level really appeals to me. I'm also excited for the information on tribes that should be coming out soon.

Shieldwall Strong!

5/17/2017 3:00:46 PM #2

What I love is the faith that the devs have in their playerbase. I love that they're building a game that relies on the ability for players to tell their own riveting stories with the help of the SB engine. I love that they have the faith that with a good enough technical structure, the stories that us, the community, can tell, are better than what a team of designers could tell.

I think it speaks to a deep and profound love and respect for mankind that Caspian and the team, post launch, are handing the reins of the storytelling over to the userbase and saying "go - tell a story for the whole world to see. Be what you want, because we know that if we told you what you could or couldn't be, it simply could never compare".

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

5/17/2017 3:00:48 PM #3

I like that anything is possible. Very proud of the developers doing something that hasn't been done! Making a complete game revolved around the players. Having complex NPCs that follow a players lead. It's all exciting. Thank you for all the hard work and allowing us to be an actual part of the game and not just an add-on.

5/17/2017 3:02:12 PM #4

I am also very excited about the posibilities of this game.. one of the things i am looking forward to is from what I understanad the abillity of mayors to give out quests .. i am wondering how that will work and gives me happiness to kindof be a dungeon master ...not real dungeons.. maybe but then again maybe ...

Alt text - can be left blank

5/17/2017 3:13:16 PM #5

I'm excited because this game will be different. It's the first game in years that really put me on the hype-train. And I say that as someone who believed MMOs to be dead after SWTOR and yet another WoW expansion. Sometimes it feels be good to be corrected and I'm really glad about the friend who brought me into this game.

5/17/2017 3:38:02 PM #6

Posted By Salty_Joe at 10:00 AM - Wed May 17 2017

I like that anything is possible. Very proud of the developers doing something that hasn't been done! Making a complete game revolved around the players. Having complex NPCs that follow a players lead. It's all exciting. Thank you for all the hard work and allowing us to be an actual part of the game and not just an add-on.

This.

Having a game where the systems allow for total player freedom that's what I'm loving.

5/17/2017 4:14:51 PM #7

Posted By Malais at 12:38 PM - Wed May 17 2017

Having a game where the systems allow for total player freedom that's what I'm loving.

We may see some features that are not common in other games and maybe some uinque ones, that was what got me into CoE. Buuuuuut "total player freedom" will not be a thing. Keep your expectations low, please.

5/17/2017 5:08:40 PM #8

Posted By Eurickdm at 11:14 AM - Wed May 17 2017

Posted By Malais at 12:38 PM - Wed May 17 2017

We may see some features that are not common in other games and maybe some uinque ones, that was what got me into CoE. Buuuuuut "total player freedom" will not be a thing. Keep your expectations low, please.

Perhaps an explaination.

What I mean by freedom is if I don't like spotted monkeys I can spend my entire game life killing them, I can organize a guild to kill them, place a bounty Ext and eventually with enough effort kill off the species or at least drive them from my area.

If I don't like the blacksmith in my town I can put on a disguise and murder him, rob him and over time eventually drive him off or kill him outright if he's an NPC.

If I don't like my king I can work with his Dukes and the guilds inside the kingdom and over throw him.

If I find a nice spot by a waterfall I can build a cabin and do my own thing. With the counts permission of course.

In short I can do whatever I am willing to accept the conciquences for.

5/17/2017 5:15:03 PM #9

Posted By Malais at 10:38 AM - Wed May 17 2017

Posted By Salty_Joe at 10:00 AM - Wed May 17 2017

This.

This is ultimately what grabbed my attention. The thought that I can go into this game and be ANYTHING I want to be really drew me in. I am tired of games where the stories and quests are all the same, and everyone is a hero, or the savior of the planet. It bores me. History remembers the bold, and this game has so much to give for those of us bold enough to risk it all and reach for the stars.

Thank you Caspian, and to your whole team, for your support, and total devotion to this game and this community. It may not seem like it always, but (most of) the community is truly grateful.

5/17/2017 5:18:35 PM #10

I <3 this game too!

5/17/2017 5:42:26 PM #11

Like others here I am also excited about the ability to do what I want. To not be forced into one narrow role. To actually be able to make my own story and not just follow the story everyone else is. I also enjoy their interaction with the community. I have been hanging out on discord lately and its cool how they pop in sometimes and chat for a little bit.

5/17/2017 5:47:33 PM #12

I have been following this game since January 2016, I read about it on mmorpg, and came straight to the site. I devoured everything I could read and signed up immediately.

This game has brought me joy already and it's not out. It is depressing to see the community turn toxic especially since Caspian explained things and easily explained it enough to satisfy me.

Can I also say thank you for making this thread because i was thinking of doing it tonight when I could get on my pc.

Keep up the good work sbs, looking forward to week 4 and the mystery.

5/17/2017 5:56:49 PM #13

We all sound like Star Citizens! And that is a great thing.

This is only the second DEV team in all my decades of gaming that have been responsive and introspective. Kudos, for whatever that's worth coming from me.

5/17/2017 6:36:33 PM #14

I love the dynamic story in which i, as a player, can participate.

I love that the game will be skill based.

I love that there are no classes, each player can focus on a role as champion, producer, explorer or supplier. Role which can change when your character grow old.

I love the introduction of skills that lets us be creative to a certain point. I am talking about map-making, writing books, the architecture module,...

I love the possibilities that contracts bring to the game.

I love that i can interact with the game world in a deepness that is not available in other games.

I love that the resources are finite.

I love that each server can develop the game story in different ways depending in the players actions and choices.

I love that there will be different biomes and tribes.

I love that each biome and tribe will have advantages and disadvantages.

I love that there will be some kind of genetics traits incorporated in each individual and the possibilities that this bring.

I love the approach to artifacts and other legendary objects.

Posted By Caspian

As for artifacts, these items have a passive bonus that are always applied to them as a result of having been used to achieve some past previous achievement. Remember, CoE doesn't scale with items. There's no +100 STR swords. We subscribe to an older idea of equipment in RPG's where the differences between quality of items - even large quality differences are relatively small, and are even then very situational. When you think of artifacts in CoE don't think of Epics or Legendary items in most games - think of Sting from the Lord of The Rings; an elven blade feared by goblins which glows blue in the presence of orc-kind.

The point I'm making is that items in CoE - not matter their rarity are never game-breaking. They're unique, provide new and interesting opportunities for story, but generally aren't significant character-building tools. That's what PC and player skill is for.

I love that the size of the game world is so massive.

I love that there is a system of technological advancement.

I love that player can even create dungeons underground. Placing traps, puzzles,...

I love that my characters will grow old and die.

I love that the engine attach to my character a personal quest and destiny since birth.

I love that the choices and paths that i select hold importance.

I love that there are more that one play style available in the game. Kings will play very differently that a traveler.

I love...

Lets just say that there are many things about this project that seems desirables to me.

5/17/2017 6:50:34 PM #15

I seriously can't wait for the freedom this game will provide in terms of crafting, production, skills, combat etc. I think we can proably all agree that we've been waiting for a game like CoE ever since we can remember (which isn't too long for me, I'll admit :P ).

I'd like to also say, in this thread meant to be on positives, that I love how SBS is responding to what's going on. Caspian and the team are, in my opinion, doing a great job dealing with the community (and I do mean 'dealing' as that seems to be what it's like recently as oppossed to talking and discussing) and our concerns. They're responding to our concerns and doing they're best to reassure us and/or change things to make them better/more clear. <3 to all of you there in the studio!