COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Mmorpg.com

The amount of troll comments and misinformation on the coe forum over there is disturbing.

Maybe the dev team can reach out to the site admins and get their community manager to do a mass clear of the crap and stop a certain troll from posting there anymore.

Especially since said troll has been helping a friend break the nda for the exclusive forums

5/17/2017 5:12:27 PM #1

Why do you keep responding there to these things? All you do is bump threads that should be left to die. When you engage a troll on his home turf you just damage the game and look silly. Your obsession with that site is concerning.

5/17/2017 5:14:06 PM #2

Posted By Calidor at 6:12 PM - Wed May 17 2017

Why do you keep responding there to these things? All you do is bump threads that should be left to die. When you engage a troll on his home turf you just damage the game and look silly. Your obsession with that site is concerning.

I agree with him, people must be punished for breaking NDA since otherwise whats the point of it?

5/17/2017 5:18:22 PM #3

That's quite a different point. If NDA was broken then SBS should immediately kick out the offending person. Do you know who it was the broke the NDA? What does going on MMORPG forum and getting in a mud fight with a troll have to do with that? The current "argument" on there has nothing to do with an NDA.

5/17/2017 5:20:57 PM #4

Posted By Calidor at 1:18 PM - Wed May 17 2017

That's quite a different point. If NDA was broken then SBS should immediately kick out the offending person. Do you know who it was the broke the NDA? What does going on MMORPG forum and getting in a mud fight with a troll have to do with that? The current "argument" on there has nothing to do with an NDA.

Pretty sure it was clearly stated that the Moderators on MMORPG should get involved with the shitposting and the person leaking NDA information should be taken care of.

5/17/2017 5:20:59 PM #5

But in the thread he mentions how he can access the exclusive forums.

I go there in case there is anyone truly interested in the game. I engage the trolls to try to stop the spread of misinformation...

5/17/2017 5:22:34 PM #6

Haha.. I knew it! I just wasn't sure how long it was going to take for a certain someone over at mmo.rpg.com to grab onto the past few popular threads on run with his negativity about CoE.. heh

Sometimes folks can be so predictable.

5/17/2017 5:22:44 PM #7

Posted By DavanOrdanska at 12:20 PM - Wed May 17 2017

But in the thread he mentions how he can access the exclusive forums.

I go there in case there is anyone truly interested in the game. I engage the trolls to try to stop the spread of misinformation...

Davanordanska, are you referring to this?

After investigating this myself have to confirm this was actually said here: click here

And here is snap of the said conversation:

5/17/2017 5:43:51 PM #8

Just leave them be,
this site is not worth your time, they don't want discussion, they don't want counter arguments.
This is true for most games who don't have strong support within the community.
In the end, the best solution is to get this threads dormant so no one cares about them anymore.
In case anyone comes from this side quoting their misinformations just ignore them and they will be shut up sooner or later.
Normally this is a lost cause because the communities among the internet are normally full of people just waiting for a bait.
CoEs Community is different and I'm really glad about this fact.

5/17/2017 5:50:56 PM #9

It's true should leave it, maybe we can start some nice upbeat threads here about things we are looking forward to, this could then distract us.

Also yes that's part of what I refered to, I believe he actually admitted he was accessing them too. I just can't be bothered to go back through it on my phone.

edit

Taking note what people have said I decided to leave their forums

5/17/2017 6:14:13 PM #10

I was reading some of that thread and I just find it so amazing how so many people will waste so much time hating on something. You don't like it, just don't play it. I suspect that Slapshot was a big time troll here awhile ago. It just seemed that it was his life time goal to see the game fail. He was always trying to draw Caspian out into arguments to the point of ignoring everyone else. And claiming to be a game developer if it's the same dude.Now he has found an arena where he is treated as a God for this. Go figure.

And you have to wonder at the fool who donates enough money to get on the exclusive forums then give him info. LOL. Sort of shooting yourself in the foot I would think.

5/17/2017 6:23:06 PM #11

It's really not worth the effort guys, the sentiment is admirable - we all want the game to have a good reputation I'm sure, but these guys feed off of your attention.

5/17/2017 6:27:58 PM #12

Every game that becomes popular or tries something new gets its share of controversy. The World of Warcraft and League of Legends forums were legendary for how toxic they got Star Citizen has gotten a ton of criticism from the press on delayed milestone dates and their pricing system. This is nothing new, and it will pass eventually. Just follow the age old rule of not feeding the trolls.

5/17/2017 6:37:48 PM #13

I've seen that posting. It comes across as quite desperate for attention. I'd be inclined to just ignore him.

5/21/2017 2:28:21 PM #14

Posted By Jasta85 at 2:27 PM - Wed May 17 2017

Every game that becomes popular or tries something new gets its share of controversy. The World of Warcraft and League of Legends forums were legendary for how toxic they got Star Citizen has gotten a ton of criticism from the press on delayed milestone dates and their pricing system. This is nothing new, and it will pass eventually. Just follow the age old rule of not feeding the trolls.

This times 1000. It's like giving a dog steak and then wondering why it won't leave.

5/21/2017 2:35:59 PM #15

MMORPG.com is cesspool of jaded trolls....I avoid that website like a plague