COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Token farming/begging?

Now that we can give each other tokens who else believes we will see many, many groups going around only allowing people to join if they give them there tokens?

I foresee tokens being used as a "gating" mechanism for groups.

your thoughts?

5/18/2017 9:58:00 PM #1

And why shouldn't it be?

5/18/2017 9:59:27 PM #2

Posted By *Atlas Forgiven * at 10:58 PM - Thu May 18 2017

And why shouldn't it be?

Just having a discussion I foresee lots of fun drama coming if someone runs off with everyones tokens.

I imagine most Group threads will be reworded now.

5/18/2017 10:01:09 PM #3

I don't believe so.

There is only so much the tokens can do to replace true raw man power. If groups truly wanted to handicap themselves then they would go that route.

You want success you don't buy your brothers and sisters, you earn them. In turn they will repay you ten-fold.

5/18/2017 10:01:17 PM #4
  • Nothing wrong with requesting token donations to help out. However, I don't believe, personally, in making it a requirement to join. Could turn away several settlers.

5/18/2017 10:03:35 PM #5

Posted By Maulvorn at 4:59 PM - Thu May 18 2017

Posted By *Atlas Forgiven * at 10:58 PM - Thu May 18 2017

And why shouldn't it be?

Just having a discussion I foresee lots of fun drama coming if someone runs off with everyones tokens.

I imagine most Group threads will be reworded now.

Your right I guess there could be a couple of Token Scammers with false pledges of greatness. Though once you get the tokens what else are you going to do with them? I mean there not EP or anything like that so your probably going to put them towards a settlement or guild any ways. I guess you could say you were on one server and switch to another effectively stealing them but...

By the way did I mention my Nigerian guild in a Nigerian town has an inheritance of tokens that were left to you?

All you have to do to receive the MASSIVE amount of tokens is send me one token first to verify your accounts legitimacy

5/18/2017 10:03:54 PM #6

Honestly, if you have joined a settlement or guild, what else is your token for?

Now, it should definitely not be a requirement to enter--that's a $10 join up fee for folks who have chosen not to buy tokens.

But if you got 'em, use 'em. So if you want 'em, ask for 'em. ezpz

5/18/2017 10:03:57 PM #7

Posted By Tarvald at 11:01 PM - Thu May 18 2017

I don't believe so.

There is only so much the tokens can do to replace true raw man power. If groups truly wanted to handicap themselves then they would go that route.

You want success you don't buy your brothers and sisters, you earn them. In turn they will repay you ten-fold.

To play devils advocate you could argue that towns (in terms of actually being landowners in it) is a rather exclusive club; so I totally foresee many towns saying "You can join if you give the mayor a token".

5/18/2017 10:06:25 PM #8

Posted By Maulvorn at 5:03 PM - Thu May 18 2017

I don't believe so.

To play devils advocate you could argue that towns (in terms of actually being landowners in it) is a rather exclusive club; so I totally foresee many towns saying "You can join if you give the mayor a token".

Can you really keep some one from joining your town? And even if so, that sounds like youd be shooting your self in the foot. The more pcs in your town the better right? Not only to they contribute to your towns economy but they have the potential to grow it and bring more people in

5/18/2017 10:08:34 PM #9

Posted By Maulvorn at 3:03 PM - Thu May 18 2017

I don't believe so.

True, as you said though, that might be adding brush to flame. I'd wager the town might have some initial success, or inner circle success, but it will eventually be burned to the ground by the larger more diverse town. Semantics, a town of 25, could only last so long against 50-100-250.

I also think asking for such things leaves a bad taste, and word will spread hurting the Towns overall economy and opening them up for PVP out of sheer spite.

5/18/2017 10:08:55 PM #10

Posted By *Atlas Forgiven * at 3:06 PM - Thu May 18 2017

Can you really keep some one from joining your town?

Nope. Which is why this thread will die soon. ;-)

5/18/2017 10:09:00 PM #11

Send tokens plz

kappa

5/18/2017 10:12:57 PM #12

Posted By Tarvald at 11:08 PM - Thu May 18 2017

I don't believe so.

True, as you said though, that might be adding brush to flame. I'd wager the town might have some initial success, or inner circle success, but it will eventually be burned to the ground by the larger more diverse town. Semantics, a town of 25, could only last so long against 50-100-250.

I also think asking for such things leaves a bad taste, and word will spread hurting the Towns overall economy and opening them up for PVP out of sheer spite.

I suppose it all depends on how much renown the tokens give, we know they give one inhabitant per token, so a town of 7 players who added tokens adding 7 other inhabitants.

so if 25 players gave 25 tokens (thats with each member adding one token and not the maximal 3 tokens which would add 75 inhabitant and a dozen or so plots) they effectively double there membership and possibly doubling there renown allowing for easier NPC growth.

5/18/2017 10:15:08 PM #13

Posted By Maulvorn at 3:12 PM - Thu May 18 2017

I don't believe so.

I suppose it all depends on how much renown the tokens give, we know they give one inhabitant per token, so a town of 7 players who added tokens adding 7 other inhabitants.

so if 25 players gave 25 tokens (thats with each member adding one token and not the maximal 3 tokens which would add 75 inhabitant and a dozen or so plots) they effectively double there membership and possibly doubling there renown allowing for easier NPC growth.

I suppose then it might come down to how well these NPC's are coded in the face of adversity. Will an NPC equal a player, or will a player equal an NPC.

5/18/2017 10:16:45 PM #14

Posted By Tarvald at 11:15 PM - Thu May 18 2017

Posted By Maulvorn at 3:12 PM - Thu May 18 2017

I don't believe so.

I suppose then it might come down to how well these NPC's are coded in the face of adversity. Will an NPC equal a player, or will a player equal an NPC.

Due to the NPC personalities and different skills I suppose it depends, sheer output? maybe NPCs have the edge.

5/18/2017 10:45:43 PM #15

I wouldn't expect tokens to be a requirement of pledging citizenship--that'd be foolishly shortsighted.

I would expect tokens to earn a player preferential treatment by the realpolitik mayor.

DPBoD2.jpg