COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Tokens vs EP for a Mayor

So, now that it has become clear what tokens can do, what should a Mayor do?

Should I dump more cash into buying EP, upgrading the buildings in my town (link) and making better storefronts? Or should I buy tokens first? Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

And before you state the obvious, I could buy up to the cap and then buy more EP, but thats not the point. In that scenario I would still spend $60 on tokens between me and my wife that also could have been spent on EP.

Brash

5/18/2017 11:06:07 PM #1

If you plan on keeping them, probably better off buying EP (assuming you buy the large EP packages that provide bonus EP). The tokens are primarily to give to others , even though you can keep them, to help their settlement. It also depends on what you plan on doing with the EP (EP Kit, land, etc). Just my opinion.

5/18/2017 11:30:06 PM #2

I think that we would need input from Caspian as to how much exactly a token is worth for relative to EP.

5/18/2017 11:36:47 PM #3

Well... It's 100 EP for a plot and a token gives you a plot AND an NPC. I suppose it depends on what your plan is.

If you spend EP to get a plot, it's yours. It counts to your ownership for being Mayor.

If you use a token it makes your town bigger and gives an NPC but I don' think the land is yours so it could count against you in terms of total amount of land owned.

The Township of Bris, County Delgora. Friend Code B2CF9C Friend Code B2CF9C

5/18/2017 11:41:09 PM #4

Posted By Shriyk at 4:30 PM - Thu May 18 2017

I think that we would need input from Caspian as to how much exactly a token is worth for relative to EP.

Tokens don't have a direct comparison to EP, but their benefits are precisely what Vye listed in her update. They provide 1 additional population per token, and a parcel of land every 3-5 tokens.

In other words, EP is for customizing your settlements, and tokens are for growing it. In general, I'd recommend spending your cash on EP, rather than on tokens. Let others contribute to the growth of the settlement.

5/18/2017 11:49:00 PM #5

Posted By Caspian at 7:41 PM

... They provide 1 additional population per token, and a parcel of land every 3-5 tokens.

Can you give a bit more info on the 3-5 bit?

Is it based on existing size?

The Township of Bris, County Delgora. Friend Code B2CF9C Friend Code B2CF9C

5/19/2017 12:20:04 AM #6

Posted By Caspian at 07:41 AM - Fri May 19 2017

Vye listed in her update. They provide 1 additional population per token, and a parcel of land every 3-5 tokens.

If I was to receive 10 tokens does that give me 2 parcels of land or 3, where does it change from being 3 -> 4 -> 5 tokens per parcel, this could be a big number for large groups like Vorniar and such.

eg: mayor 1 get 3 villager tokens does he get 1 parcel. Mayor 2 gets 15 tokens does he get 3 parcels or 5 parcels Count 1 is real popular and gets 60 tokens how many parcels would he get?

5/19/2017 1:24:46 AM #7

I would assume it would vary based on existing settlement size and density. A city could absorb 5 more people without needing more land whereas a village would have less excess capacity to absorb people without expanding out.

5/19/2017 2:17:29 AM #8

Most likely also depends on size of county and duchy.

5/19/2017 8:02:44 AM #9

Posted By Kaynadin at 09:24 AM - Fri May 19 2017

I would assume it would vary based on existing settlement size and density. A city could absorb 5 more people without needing more land whereas a village would have less excess capacity to absorb people without expanding out.

This could very well be the case but would not knowing how the numbers work help those larger groups to arrange with in their communities who would benefit better from get what amount of tokens?

This does not effect me what so ever I just had the thought and the question so I asked.

5/19/2017 9:16:19 AM #10

towns can be different sizes so i suppose the 3-5 bit will depend on the type of town you have and where it is located. If you have flat empty land, i bet it'll be easier to expand as opposed to having a dense forest or mountain next to you.

5/19/2017 9:30:30 AM #11

Will I be able to buy a Token for someone, even though I have Bloodlines on Layaway? Store tells me to "Upgrade" Pledge, does it mean pay off? (Edit: FFS, Do you want my money or not?)

5/19/2017 9:38:10 AM #12

uberdill u need to have paid off a package by the looks to pledge to the town or guild.

i not sure why it would be done that way but i guess they only want pledged people to be able to claim a spot in a town i guess.

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

5/19/2017 9:40:35 AM #13

Posted By UberDill at 7:30 PM - Fri May 19 2017

Will I be able to buy a Token for someone, even though I have Bloodlines on Layaway? Store tells me to "Upgrade" Pledge, does it mean pay off?

I believe you need the minimum of Elyrian tier to utilise a token so I assume you would need that to be able to purchase one. However you are not considered having a package, even if you paid past that amount, until you have paid the layaway off in total - which would mean you are not technically pledged yet to be able to do so.

Imgur Imgur

5/19/2017 9:47:34 AM #14

Giving out a village token doesn't claim you a spot in any town.

It doesn't mean you get anything in return. Except for gratitude possibly.

But it does support the game, the developers and the community you plan to be a part off.

So I would say its rather silly to limit people that have a layaway in this way...

5/19/2017 11:52:23 AM #15

Posted By Caspian at 01:41 AM - Fri May 19 2017

Posted By Shriyk at 4:30 PM - Thu May 18 2017

Tokens don't have a direct comparison to EP, but their benefits are precisely what Vye listed in her update. They provide 1 additional population per token, and a parcel of land every 3-5 tokens.

In other words, EP is for customizing your settlements, and tokens are for growing it. In general, I'd recommend spending your cash on EP, rather than on tokens. Let others contribute to the growth of the settlement.

Good advice, thank you, will do that. I'd rather have a small prosperous town, than a large city full of slums.

Brash