COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Please allow me to introduce myself; I'm a man of wealth and taste.

Pleased to meet you! Won't you guess my name?

Well, you don't have to, it's there. It's Caelestius. If you managed to guess it without reading it, I mean, that's probably a capital-t Talent. Kudos.

Anyway! Some of you might know me from around the forums, I've been posting and debating and chatting for a little while now, and I have to say I'm really enjoying my time here thus far and am thoroughly on board the hype train. CHOO CHOO MOTHER EFFERS.

In the last week, a number of you kind souls have reached out and PMd me to introduce yourselves and welcome me, which I thought was a really lovely and kind gesture. It also made me realise that I hadn't taken the time to introduce myself to the community en masse, so here I am.

My 75th post on the forums is my introduction. Is that dumb? It's a little dumb.

I'm Irish, so I'll most definitely be playing on the EU server(s?), with more details about my town (mayor pledge) to be forthcoming when I have some more developed ideas about what direction I want to grow it.

(disclaimer: not a man of wealth and taste. Poor and tasteless)

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

5/19/2017 8:31:38 AM #1

+1 for rolling stones reference. Welcome to the community

5/19/2017 8:37:53 AM #2

Welcome, and congratulations on achieving your one-year anniversary!

choo choo

Also, I love your name ;)

5/19/2017 9:21:35 AM #3

Posted By Caeoltoiri at 09:37 AM - Fri May 19 2017

Welcome, and congratulations on achieving your one-year anniversary! Also, I love your name ;)

Posted By Yorick at 09:31 AM - Fri May 19 2017

+1 for rolling stones reference. Welcome to the community

Thank you both so much!

Caeol - are you Irish also? I'm sure you know that a "ceoltóir" in Irish is a musician, and "ceoltóiri" are musicians plural :)

5/19/2017 9:25:05 AM #4

Welcome Caelestius. I don't know if i will make a presentation post too... its embarrassing.

5/19/2017 9:51:18 AM #5

Thank you very much Hludowig! Ah sure why not? I think it's nice to introduce oneself, even if you're late like I was, hahaha.

I joined more than a year ago, pledged almost half a year ago, became active on the forum a few weeks ago, introduced myself today. I have all the urgency and momentum of a glacier, apparently.

5/19/2017 10:04:16 AM #6

Posted By Caelestius at 02:21 AM - Fri May 19 2017

Caeol - are you Irish also? I'm sure you know that a "ceoltóir" in Irish is a musician, and "ceoltóiri" are musicians plural :)

Honestly? I'm not sure! Much of my ancestry is not known to me at this time, but it is something I'll attempt to rectify in the future :)

But yes, I do know! A few years back I played a game called Mabinogi, which allowed you to import MML (music markup language) into scrolls within the game to play music. Ceol means music and ceoltoir was musician singular and ceoltoiri is plural - I thought the latter sounded cooler and I found music always did bring groups of people together <3 The 'a' I added because I favored the ae aesthetic (haha!) and so that it would make me easier to find on search engines :)

My nickname, as well, is Tori -- which, in Japan, means bird. Kotori is of similar pronunciation to Caeoltoiri and means 'little bird'. Tori is also plural for 'torus', a surface created by rotating a closed curve -- a circle, or a ring. Ouroboros. Eternity, renewal, life and death, the beginning of the end and the end of the beginning.

My name has a lot of sentiment and meaning to me, and it's not one I see myself leaving behind anytime soon. <3

5/19/2017 10:27:21 AM #7

This introduction was well-written and funny, what a pleasure to read! Welcome to you Caelestius. I wish you were on NA-West but I wish you the best in your adventures :)

Your profile picture is also very nice.

5/19/2017 10:40:12 AM #8

Posted By Caeoltoiri at 11:04 AM - Fri May 19 2017

Honestly? I'm not sure! Much of my ancestry is not known to me at this time, but it is something I'll attempt to rectify in the future :) SNIPPED BACKSTORY

I love love love a good name backstory. That is one of the most interesting and intricate I've ever heard; a beautiful story for a beautiful name!

Mine isn't hugely far from yours, actually. The initial impetus was from the word "celestial", because my whole being is very upward looking, very concerned with the stars and sky. The "-ius" appendix has a sort of two-fold origin. For as long as I can remember, I've loved Greco-Roman culture, and the mythology especially, and the sort of aesthetic surrounding those cultures. I am also very inspired and driven by Vitruvius, the ancient architect, and his virtues, "firmitas, utilitas, venustas" - strength, utility, and beauty, which have really guided my life and my inner journey.

So initially, it was going to be "Celestius", but a) I really enjoy the "ae" aesthetic too - it's just a bit magic, isn't it? and b) I felt that the "Cael" was just a bit more to my taste, maybe a bit more me, maybe a bit more masculine.

By sheer coincidence, it turned out afterwards that Caelestius was also an obscure 4th century theologian who followed Pelagius, and Pelagius was both a prominent Christian theologian / theoretician and a name I'm sure we all recognise from The Elder Scrolls - some of my favourite games!

Oh names.

Posted By Polite at 11:27 AM - Fri May 19 2017

This introduction was well-written and funny, what a pleasure to read! Welcome to you Caelestius. I wish you were on NA-West but I wish you the best in your adventures :)

Your profile picture is also very nice.

Thank you very much! It's a shame we won't be playing together, but the forum community will continue to thrive post-launch, I'm sure. Thank you very much for the compliment - I didn't draw it, and I'm sure it will change, but I love it for the time being.

5/19/2017 11:17:13 AM #9

Welcome

5/19/2017 11:42:28 AM #10

lol love the title. Welcome!

Backer #733 "What do we tell the God of Death? not today... not today!"

5/19/2017 12:12:55 PM #11

Posted By GhettoMaster at 12:17 PM - Fri May 19 2017

Welcome

Posted By jaspurc at 12:42 PM - Fri May 19 2017

lol love the title. Welcome!

Thank you both very much! You're too kind.

5/19/2017 12:26:44 PM #12

Anyone who quotes the Stones gets a plus in my book. Nice to meet you. Of course, that song had to be recorded twice due to the assassination of RFK. It was originally 'who killed John Kennedy, after all it was you and me'. Just a little music trivia.

Countess of Tarnham

County Tarnham, Rhynelands Duchy, Vornair. Luna Server (NA-E)

5/19/2017 12:53:26 PM #13

Welcome to the madhouse, Caelestius! Hope you will have fun here!

5/19/2017 12:56:19 PM #14

Posted By Caeoltoiri at 12:04 PM - Fri May 19 2017

Honestly? I'm not sure! Much of my ancestry is not known to me at this time, but it is something I'll attempt to rectify in the future :)

But yes, I do know! A few years back I played a game called Mabinogi, which allowed you to import MML (music markup language) into scrolls within the game to play music. Ceol means music and ceoltoir was musician singular and ceoltoiri is plural - I thought the latter sounded cooler and I found music always did bring groups of people together <3 The 'a' I added because I favored the ae aesthetic (haha!) and so that it would make me easier to find on search engines :)

My nickname, as well, is Tori -- which, in Japan, means bird. Kotori is of similar pronunciation to Caeoltoiri and means 'little bird'. Tori is also plural for 'torus', a surface created by rotating a closed curve -- a circle, or a ring. Ouroboros. Eternity, renewal, life and death, the beginning of the end and the end of the beginning.

My name has a lot of sentiment and meaning to me, and it's not one I see myself leaving behind anytime soon. <3

Nice. I was wondering about the meaning behind your name. I did not know it had three different meanings. I am not sure why, but I like little bird. :)

5/19/2017 1:22:07 PM #15

Posted By Caelestius at

I'm Irish, so I'll most definitely be playing on the EU server(s?), with more details about my town (mayor pledge) to be forthcoming when I have some more developed ideas about what direction I want to grow it.

(disclaimer: not a man of wealth and taste. Poor and tasteless)

You should have a town law prohibiting pants on Tuesdays. You can call it The Law Prohibiting Pants On Tuesdays. I'd play on the European server just for that.