COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
convince me purchase magistrate

Boom, whatup.

SAPPHIRE HERE, coming at you with the quest to steer a path. The question, what in the Tarnation is alpha 1.

I got money and I ve been creeping I this game for a few weeks. Granted, seems the words alpha 1 are really only tied to packages and vague mentionings. Hell I don't care about the title, in just want to get that juicy early access.

Let me know. SAPPHIRE OUT

5/19/2017 4:38:58 PM #1

Back the game because you believe in it, and to an amount you're comfortable with.

If you feel Magistrate, as described, isn't worth the coin, then stick with a lower package.

Alpha 1 will be the buggiest test version of CoE. If you're not interested in bug testing and dealing with a crashing game that freezes up and all that, then don't participate. Wait until the more polished and refined versions come out. There's no shame in that.

NA-W "Angelica"

5/19/2017 4:40:32 PM #2

I second this. Also, what my brother and I are really asking is, what is the timeframe for the alphas and betas and what exactly do they entail? We are willing to drop cash, but we want to know exactly whatfor.

We've done research, but turned up nothing. Help and advice is appreciated.

5/19/2017 4:50:17 PM #3

Posted By SapphirexLegion at

Boom, whatup.

SAPPHIRE HERE, coming at you with the quest to steer a path. The question, what in the Tarnation is alpha 1.

I got money and I ve been creeping I this game for a few weeks. Granted, seems the words alpha 1 are really only tied to packages and vague mentionings. Hell I don't care about the title, in just want to get that juicy early access.

Let me know. SAPPHIRE OUT

Meaning of Alpha?

It's what I am, my bango playing brotha

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

5/19/2017 4:56:55 PM #4

I purchased the Magistrate package for Alpha 1 access. Didn't really care how much I spent as long as I had alpha 1 access.

5/19/2017 4:58:49 PM #5

Alpha 1 will be an incomplete game, testing various systems & game client. Alpha 2 will be feature complete. Beta's 1 & 2 will be like betas for most other software, testing various game elements. All four of these phases will be completely wiped when each phase ends or during each phase if issues arise.

Exposition is three months of world building which will not be wiped prior to the release of Chronicles of Elyria.

Chronicles of Elyria Kickstarter backer #2!

5/19/2017 7:06:08 PM #6

I think what your main question here is when. And that's been the biggest question of all. But there isn't a "when", yet.

From what I've gathered through the dev journals and Q&A, they're working quickly but haven't released any specific date on when the Alpha will be available to anyone who qualifies for it.

5/19/2017 10:51:04 PM #7

When is Alpha 1 planned to begin?

5/19/2017 11:01:18 PM #8

Posted By pandknz at 6:51 PM - Fri May 19 2017

When is Alpha 1 planned to begin?

no date yet, waiting on land selection to happen.

5/20/2017 1:11:36 AM #9

If you like the game and what to help with bug finding and helping them out then you should get the package if not you could goo for a lower one. I took mayor because I am not interested in A1 but am willing to participate in A2.

Also remember you also get other things in each of the packages, so it depends on what you think is worth it.

5/20/2017 1:37:36 AM #10

Gotta remember alpha 1 & 2, will be so laggy and buggy. Which is good, since that's what it's for. It's not like steam EA where it's suppose to run more or less fine and you get the full game.

As much as I'm looking forward to alpha 1 starting, simply for "yay it's really getting somewhere". I doubt I would go into it.

5/20/2017 1:56:24 AM #11

I think I will miss A1 and go into A2 or B1 depending on the feedback of A1.

:)

5/20/2017 2:02:04 AM #12

Posted By pandknz at 6:56 PM - Fri May 19 2017

I think I will miss A1 and go into A2 or B1 depending on the feedback of A1.

:)

Do you mean that you'll decide on whether you'll purchase a package depending on how A1 go? That's one way of going about it. However, you'll probably miss out on Land selection and Kingdom of Elyria if you're planning on being a Aristocrat or Noble, and you'll miss out on ElyrianMUD if you plan on being anything else.

Kingdom of Elyria and ElyrianMUD are gameplay that will be out before even Alpha. If you don't purchase a package, you'll be missing out on them.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

5/20/2017 2:15:48 AM #13

Yeah there is definitely benefits to getting into the alpha stages of the game.

5/20/2017 6:37:00 AM #14

hmm if you looking at runing a town then i would go mayor and put the extra cash into EP there is not a huge diffrence between mayor & magistrate over then the A1 access the "Mayor" titled resdence(both pledges are still a mayor) is better (but u still dont own it) and a little ep that i could buy directly for cheaper.

as has been stated A1 will be all about testing the actual game A2 is when they will test managing towns some of the crafting systems and maybe horse back riding if they have it all sorted by then.

horse back riding may be in A1 but not sure.

so if u Must have A1 acess then ya go with it otherwise just go mayor and get extra ep :)

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

5/20/2017 7:48:44 AM #15

Welcome to Elyria!

Before even going into Alpha 1, take a look at the package contents. I'm sure you've already seen how Elyria is shaping up and the general makeup of the community and devs.

No doubt you're familiar with playing sub MMOs. In most cases you're used to paying around $10 a month. The package you're looking at comes with 6 sparks equating to potentially 6 years of sub time. For other sub MMOs, you'd have paid anything up to $720 over that time for mindless repetitious grinding and farming.

Even the tier you've looked at comes with the ability to name a star. Effectively you have a permanent presence in Elyria. Beyond that you're starting with an experience many may fail to achieve, managing your own settlement. Over time, settlements and kingdoms will change, but you're getting the opportunity to help define it yourself, shape it into something unique, and set the foundations for it's future. Your family may decide to remain there, knowing their roots as it's founding fathers. Any time spent making your mark on Elyria is a win, and an opportunity all people will come to have in time, but you're being the first and setting it's course.

Now, a bit about alpha etc. Once you get early access, you'll get some sneak previews of updates and info before it hits the wider community. In principle, Alphas and Betas are unfinished, buggy versions of games going through test phases, but user feedback during those phases in particular will often drive change. The biggest player benefit aside from that is familiarity. It places you in a position where, once exposition arrives, you KNOW the ropes, you're familiar with how it works and can hit the ground running, potentially giving you a better start.

As a Mayor you'll also find other advantages leading up to Elyria.

There are several games being developed side by side. The main game you're aware of already. Next, theres KoE - kingdoms of Elyria. This is intended to model the competition between kingdoms, relations and interactions between settlements, counties etc and the perceived prestige and wealth of each from the populations perspective. The Elyria MUD is a very cool lower-end interface (game) which enables the team to test and model most the systems and engines behind Elyria while the front end is being added to and polished.

Exposition is the 3 month period where the LIVE Elyria opens up to the backers with sufficient access BEFORE the general public. It's not wiped. This period allows us to place limited buildings and facilities, play the game and help to develop a fully developed world for the public. As a Mayor, you'll be able to place buildings, define the focus of your settlement, begin to trade, plan your settlements appearance and make it as attractive as you can for furure players, who may ultimately jump into your townsfolk. In short, very cool.

If you need to know more though, ask on the forums. The community and devs are all very friendly and approachable.

I'm a Count on the EU, planning to be near the mountains for the benefit of my Hrothi-enthused brother ;)

If you tip people off which server you're going for and what your plans and preferred biomes are, you'll likely be approached by lots of recruiting groups. Admittedly if biomes are a key part for you, you'll find it hard to commit to a kingdom as none of them yet know what they are getting, but it's good to start meeting the community ;)