COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Influence Questions

So, influence.

1. Is there still plans to award influence for various community interactions (such as those listed here)?

2. If yes, will be treated like referrals and now give store credit?

3. If yes to both the above, is there any idea when this might be awarded? For example before the end of the sale?

4. Does gaining influence still grant access to Exposition as was originally communicated or do you have to have purchased the Bloodline package?

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

5/19/2017 11:10:17 PM #1

Posted By VictoriaRachel at

Does gaining influence still grant access to Exposition as was originally communicated or do you have to have purchased the Bloodline package?

You have to have the Bloodline package.

Evidence

5/19/2017 11:17:02 PM #2

I do hope they communicate that more clearly if it is an official change (that is the only place I have seen it mentioned hence asking) as I know people were expecting access with lower packages, just for shorter periods of time or being able to eaten full access through the influence system. Moving the goal posts should always be done clearly and communicated as broadly as possible.

5/19/2017 11:28:26 PM #3

Posted By VictoriaRachel at 12:17 AM - Sat May 20 2017

I do hope they communicate that more clearly if it is an official change (that is the only place I have seen it mentioned hence asking) as I know people were expecting access with lower packages, just for shorter periods of time or being able to eaten full access through the influence system. Moving the goal posts should always be done clearly and communicated as broadly as possible.

Im not sure it was originally based on influence, I think they mentioned whilst throwing around early ideas that if you owned EP you might get in at some point towards the end to be able to spend it, but they changed this (or should I say they decided not to go with the idea) and now they've made it so if you do not own a bloodline package you are unable to buy EP. The few people who did buy some prior to the change will be reimbursed with store credit. So other than those who in the past were able to buy it they don't need to mention it to any new people because below bloodliners can't buy EP anymore.

5/20/2017 12:43:36 AM #4

It was stated several times that it was based on influence, this included during Q&As and other communications with the community. It is not just about EP either, people are expecting access with the influence they have earnt. Therefore yes it does need to be communicated clearly if their original plan has changed. We are at a point where sometimes things do change, fair enough, but there have been issues in the past with them being 'transparent' about information when in reality it has been hidden in forum posts and I hope they learnt from that.

It is also the case that hitting the influence level for things like the early access forums grants you the rewards without the package. That could still be the same here and if you earn the equivalent of the Bloodline tier you can still jump in (which does fit with earlier communications of approx. 1000 needed for Exposition) but was not expressed 100% clearly in that post. Hopefully we can get it clarified.

5/20/2017 8:37:00 AM #5

Im not sure putting things in a forum post is hiding it but also might not be the easiest place to find. Either way it is hard for the staff to post everything to DJ's and hard for the community to search every possible to find any possible mention.

I personally hope there are still competitions either forum or MUD based to help gain extra EI/IP/store credits. As for it happening before the sale is over I think this is quite unlikely.

5/20/2017 6:16:18 PM #6

If it was a featured sticky post by the developers I would agree it is not hidden. However, important information about changes to their plans that affect numerous people placed as a reply to a thread is hidden to those who do not happen to log in while it is on the recent post list. It can be hard to post everything but things that effect the access customers get should be high on the list of things to mention. After all, people who are now not going to be able to get in like they thought they would might like to make the most of the sale.

I agree it is unlikely that the outstanding influence will be awarded in time for the end of the sale, which is a shame. It was just wishful thinking on my part.