COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
losing your home when losing your position

So, I'll use mayors/barons as an example. they get a villa with which to rule their settlement but from what the devs have said you only keep this villa as long as you maintain your position as mayor/baron. The question is, suppose you have lived in this house for an extended period of time, filled it with furniture and decorations, maybe added some additional rooms or an underground basement to it etc.

What happens if you suddenly lose your position? Does all your stuff get thrown out into the street? What about any additions you made to the house, do I still own the extra rooms/cellar that I added? And if I still own the parcel of land that the villa is on then how does that work? does the next owner of the villa pay me rent for having his house on my land?

I'm just curious as to how this will work as I'm going to be very hesitant about making any improvements to a home that I will probably lose sometime in the future. Hell I may just build my own home and rent out the mayors villa to someone else so if I lose it then it's someone elses problem heh.

5/20/2017 6:23:10 PM #1

I'm not sure about he physical possessions, but from what iv heard, even a king can lose their throne - That's a huge investment for a sure possibility :)

5/20/2017 6:23:55 PM #2

If the property is tied to the position then when you loose your position you would loose the property. Think the White House in America, if you are the President you move in when you loose that position its time to move back out.

5/20/2017 6:54:52 PM #3

Nothing prevents you to sell yourself another plot of land dirt cheap if you are count and above and build another house there, that is your personal property you can fall back on in case your seat of power switches hands

5/20/2017 7:11:48 PM #4

As I recall, the Mayoral Villa will contain the UI interface that you will use as a Mayor to run the settlement, eg zoning the land. That I believe was the primary thought behind giving the building in our packages, to have somewhere to have the UI.

Personally I will be placing the Villa and using it simply for the UI interface and running the settlement and meeting with other people on official settlement business, however my actual home will be a Manor (or if I can obtain something bigger then even better wink) which I will buy with EP and my Manor is the house I will improve on.

I just don't see any reason why I as a Mayor should further decorate or further improve upon a government building which will never be actually owned by me.

5/20/2017 8:48:25 PM #5

I agree SoulSpark, I will create a second dwelling for my family and I to live in. I will use the Villa as a place of business and have meetings. Why add to a building you will never truly own.

5/20/2017 11:53:07 PM #6

I have to agree as well, any dwelling you receive as part as a package will not be 'yours' it will go with the position. If you loose or give away your title, then the government house and contents will go with it. You can purchase private or personal land and houses along the way which you can retain, but as far as I know all government items go with the title.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

5/21/2017 12:44:36 AM #7

Don't forget, you also have your family home, which should be easy enough to inherit from your NPC parents.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

5/21/2017 12:51:55 AM #8

Posted By SoulSpark at 2:11 PM - Sat May 20 2017

As I recall, the Mayoral Villa will contain the UI interface that you will use as a Mayor to run the settlement, eg zoning the land. That I believe was the primary thought behind giving the building in our packages, to have somewhere to have the UI.

Personally I will be placing the Villa and using it simply for the UI interface and running the settlement and meeting with other people on official settlement business, however my actual home will be a Manor (or if I can obtain something bigger then even better wink) which I will buy with EP and my Manor is the house I will improve on.

I just don't see any reason why I as a Mayor should further decorate or further improve upon a government building which will never be actually owned by me.

Plus it comes fully furnished.

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

5/21/2017 4:26:50 AM #9

Posted By SoulSpark at 12:11 PM - Sat May 20 2017

Nope, that would be located in the Town Hall, which is a structure required for a settlement to have a Mayor in the first place.

5/21/2017 5:55:09 AM #10

I wouldn't go so far as to not live in my villa nor refrain from doing it up while I'm in possession of it. But it pays to always bear in mind that that property is tied to your title, and that it would be a good idea to acquire backup property that isn't tied to it to fall back on in the off-chance you do get usurped. An estate or two in the countryside perhaps or some apartments you own in your Kingdom/Duchy/County's Capital where you stay when you conduct business there, or even a storage facility you have tucked away somewhere with your more treasured possessions.

Imgur Imgur

5/21/2017 7:14:54 AM #11

I will use it for the rooms, more rooms = more offspring!!

5/21/2017 8:27:31 AM #12

lol i always intended to rent mayoral house out and make a house for my self elsewhere.

this way i at least get some money for the place why i am mayor.

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

5/22/2017 3:04:34 AM #13

Posted By SoulSpark at 3:11 PM - Sat May 20 2017

I'd like to see the source on this, because I humbly do not believe this to be the case. It is not why all packs got them, the new did and the kickstarters did not. We had some sad panda, so SBS made it right. There will be a ui but it's not the home.

5/22/2017 3:12:05 AM #14

Posted By SoulSpark at 3:11 PM - Sat May 20 2017

You can use the Town Hall for the Management table, that was the original place it could be used in.

It was also mentioned you can take everything from within the Villa/Manor once you leave or rather "nothings stopping you" so long as you're leaving peacefully or sending someone for your things, and the place wasn't burnt to the ground during a revolt. :^)

5/22/2017 5:40:45 AM #15

The one thing that I'm curious about is if you looks your Mayorship of a town do you also lose the buildings you bought with ep to improve that town during exposition ?