COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
My thoughts on Elyria

Hey folks,

First off I just wanted to say hello; I"ve been watching the game with some hesitation for some time but finally commited to it.

I think part of it was the concern over the way death and loss is handled in Elyria. There was a random element to your characters growth also had a factor. I have played many games dating back as far as MUDs and Meridian; but most of all I cite UO and Mytharria as my inspiration and desire to play this game.

This game is a world driven by the game itself; its a world where consequence exists; in many ways there are many gambles and the risks associated with those actions are often apparent. As such I feel motivated to do well because I want to succeed in the game rather then the often skinnerbox like motivation methods used in many other games.

I don't feel the world needs ot be driven forward by some grand story arc; because that is always fake, your never actually the hero; just another schmuck everyone calls the "hero" and you are just as noteworthy (eg. Not at all) if the players make the risks and choices then we also weave the story and become part of the game world rather then casual components.

While the backdrop here is artificial; the world itself is real because it bears real consequences which don't just reset.

Hi everyone.

5/20/2017 9:19:55 PM #1

Hey there man.

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏

5/20/2017 9:33:01 PM #2

Posted By Apaukolypse at 4:19 PM - Sat May 20 2017

Hey there man.

What happened to the melon turtle?

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

5/20/2017 9:48:08 PM #3

Welcome Graymalkin glad you joined us.

5/20/2017 9:50:03 PM #4

Posted By Count_Emiya at 5:33 PM - Sat May 20 2017

Posted By Apaukolypse at 4:19 PM - Sat May 20 2017

Hey there man.

What happened to the melon turtle?

It got taken out back and shot like the abomination it was.

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏