COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Fully run NPC county?

Is it possible to have a whole county that would be run and inhabited by 90%+ NPC player characters?

5/20/2017 11:55:33 PM #1

I would say Yes, but just guessing. Remember the entire world is being run by NPCs before we even enter so we won't actually be taking their positions just adding to them. So I would assume there might be a county in a swam or undesirable location that will still be run by NPCs for a while.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

5/20/2017 11:56:54 PM #2

Well if not a lot of Human players choose to reside within that County then yes.

5/21/2017 12:52:05 AM #3

Yeah, I would expect some fringe areas and extreme climate areas to have fewer PCs, but you won't know by looking who is NPC and PC.

5/21/2017 4:01:53 AM #4

If they are walking at walls or jumping around it is most likely a player :)

5/21/2017 4:07:24 AM #5

Of course, there is still on some servers full NPC kingdoms.

5/21/2017 4:32:02 AM #6

at launch that's how the majority of counties are going to be ran at least in kingdoms of elyria.

5/21/2017 4:46:17 AM #7

Posted By Gunghoe at 9:32 PM - Sat May 20 2017

at launch that's how the majority of counties are going to be ran at least in kingdoms of elyria.

Exactly.

If you think about the numbers - currently total players with 350 IP or more: 10678 (people who have paid the minimum needed to get the game, from Kickstarter forward).

that's the population over 4 servers, so divide by 4 = aprox. 2339 players per server.

Then 6 kingdoms per server so again divide by 6 = 445 players average per kingdom; with 12 duchies per kingdom, we end up with aproximately 37 players per duchy.

This is small, but that's not the point, since that is still the pre-launch player population, and is primarily people who have invested enough to partake of the world building bonuses offered at higher package levels.

Getting back to the OP: At launch, it is entirely possible for a LOT of domains and settlements - particularly those below the duke thresh hold - to be mostly, if not fully NPC populated.

After launch remains to be seen.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

5/21/2017 8:02:32 AM #8

It will depend on the server. NA-W and NA-E won't have many NPC countries at launch as they get more players. The EU will most likely have some more. At APAC I'm sure there will be at least one complete NSC Kingdom at launch (with a possibility to change soon).
That's just my point of view. It's all about player numbers how many NSC Aristocrats will be running around. Beside that I agree with LorenzW above me, currently, we don't have enough players to fill all the slots. So after launch some can hope to be rewarded with NSC titles by there king :P

5/21/2017 9:41:37 AM #9

IMO even in the brimming NA servers they'll be seeing their fair share of counties with 90%+ NPC population, easy.

There's a difference between a server having all their counties claimed by Launch, and a server that doesn't have a county not filled with more than 10% a PC population. Even with with the bulk of players going to the NA servers, a good proportion of them are titled with the rest making up gentry and commoners who, let's be honest, will more like than not be concentrating around the capitals of kings and dukes (counties that will likely have a larger character population than others anyway and thus a larger number of players required to bust through that 10% mark), and making up in those settlement's the Elyrian equivalent of a 1%er - guild and industry leaders and the like.

Which then leaves the counties that don't hold capitals of kings or dukes. The player population of some of which consisting of only the player Count, though likely they've found a few Mayors and Barons to join under them. A fistful of PCs in a county of say 50 characters still leaves a NPC population of only 90%.

Imgur Imgur

5/21/2017 1:01:57 PM #10

Indeed I would love to see how a 100% NPC county runs.

5/21/2017 6:37:51 PM #11

Posted By Maulvorn at 09:01 AM - Sun May 21 2017

Ah, but then we are introduced to Schroedinger's Cat...

because once you go there to see it...

it would no longer be 100% NPC...

hee hee

5/21/2017 8:24:40 PM #12

Posted By Kelipski at 7:52 PM - Sat May 20 2017

Yeah, I would expect some fringe areas and extreme climate areas to have fewer PCs, but you won't know by looking who is NPC and PC.

just approach possible NPC / PC and and do " dip , dip potato chip" if they run away from you or imitate you they are PC

5/22/2017 2:30:06 AM #13

Posted By Llewelyn_Disgyndwr at 04:37 AM - Mon May 22 2017

Posted By Maulvorn at 09:01 AM - Sun May 21 2017

Ah, but then we are introduced to Schroedinger's Cat...

because once you go there to see it...

it would no longer be 100% NPC...

hee hee

Dude leave the poor cat out of this... he has been subjected to enough abuse thank you very much.

as to npc counties i will be under a npc county till well he stands down... forcefully.... well any way yes will be intresting to see how they work but lets say we look at a 98% county as a few of us will go see how it works so cant be 100% any more hahahahah.

i feel it will be one of the better run and more peaceful counties on the server... allow may have a few more npc or pc bandits.... we humans would probly clear thoses up where we can.

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X