COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
taming canis rabbit

So on the wiki it says that technically with a lot of time and patients you can tame them. When you do what then are they just something to stare at? Can you make them attack or ride them at that point?

5/21/2017 1:46:24 AM #1

From their carnivorous nature, and being rabbits, I would assume breeding them as a quantity defense animal. Sure, 1 may (guessing with this) not be too bad, but if someone breaks into your house and you have 10 mean rabbits, they're going down. Rabbits have a gestation period of a few weeks meaning even with a larger animal you should be able to pop at least a few out a year. Within a couple of weeks you could have an army of rabbits at your command.

RabbitCommander

5/21/2017 1:53:20 AM #2

Posted By Kelipski at 8:46 PM - Sat May 20 2017

From their carnivorous nature, and being rabbits, I would assume breeding them as a quantity defense animal. Sure, 1 may (guessing with this) not be too bad, but if someone breaks into your house and you have 10 mean rabbits, they're going down. Rabbits have a gestation period of a few weeks meaning even with a larger animal you should be able to pop at least a few out a year. Within a couple of weeks you could have an army of rabbits at your command.

RabbitCommander

10 in your house? You mean castle?

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

5/21/2017 2:16:24 AM #3

How big are they? Seriously, I don't know. I figured they were larger rabbits, but are they that large?

5/21/2017 2:22:33 AM #4

Posted By Kelipski at 9:46 PM - Sat May 20 2017

RabbitCommander

Three rooms in my house will just be rabbit death rooms now. Thanks.

5/21/2017 2:24:37 AM #5

Posted By Kelipski at 7:16 PM - Sat May 20 2017

How big are they? Seriously, I don't know. I figured they were larger rabbits, but are they that large?

Canis rabbits are carnivorous rabbits the size of wolves.

If you go to the Concept Art and scroll down, you can find a picture that shows canis rabbits eating a recently killed meal of Bison. Not a small animal, nor easily tamed! but it's theoretically possible to tame any Elyrian animal that is not sentient (can't tame a Daemon, for instance).

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

5/21/2017 2:29:14 AM #6

Thanks LorenzW. Alright, so 10 in a home might be a bit of a stretch, but 4 should be doable. Maybe even 5 or 6 depending on the size of your house. 1 in each room, maybe 2 in the bedroom. Actually, you all have me thinking I may need to look into trying to tame these things now.

5/21/2017 2:30:10 AM #7

Feed it a peasant.

5/21/2017 2:33:30 AM #8

I love this thread.

I hope it never ends.

Show this boy some love for his first post.

DPBoD2.jpg

5/21/2017 2:37:20 AM #9

Also, and this is another guess, if you have a rabbit farm you could probably kill older generations and turn them into clothing. Specialize in rabbit stuff and keep breeding, you'll never run out of product and the crazy mountain men will need new loin cloths.

5/21/2017 5:06:36 AM #10

lol i suppose there are many reasons. I hope that i can be the best tamer ever.

Count Weylyn of Vit Kanin. Friend code B7D0EF