COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Fishing

it's been some time since i last checked things out. Has anything been said on fishing yet ? mechanics wise/ besides the fact its gonna be a survival skill..

5/21/2017 12:51:08 PM #1

I believe no. Not officially nor unofficially as of yet.

-MX.

Alt text - can be left blank

5/21/2017 1:05:26 PM #2

Yep. They mentioned fishing a long time ago, but only that it is a thing in CoE and it will start on land/dock first.

I'm holding out for whaling.

Please see the following excerpt:

5/21/2017 10:17:55 PM #3

That furthers the question, how near does the research have to be for a player to obtain a boat?

Can you purchase one from anyone? Or would you have to make this boat yourself. This is a silly question but I've seen it in some games that items are only use full to the player who makes it.

5/21/2017 10:20:33 PM #4

You'll be able to buy a boat from someone. The diversity in this game would make it impossible to only use items you could make yourself. That being said, I seriously doubt boats will be cheap early on. People/Settlements/Schools/Guilds will work hard to get boat tech because the first group on the open water will establish trade and resource dominance over all other peoples for a while.

5/21/2017 10:23:15 PM #5

I figured as much. I want to be part of this beginning so bad but don't have the funds to do so right now. Maybe in a few weeks I can buy a package. I hate not have an early advantage haha.

5/21/2017 10:45:49 PM #6

There won't be much of an advantage. It really depends on what you're looking for. In my mind, people that get coastline will have an advantage, but some may prefer mountains as "advantageous". Either way, Expo and launch are several months away so set up and layaway or just save up. You have plenty of time to get into early release.

5/21/2017 11:37:09 PM #7

I'm hoping I can build weirs and farming pens, myself. Fishing with lines and nets is hard work.

5/21/2017 11:44:48 PM #8

There will be fishing, we just don't know how it will work yet (or at least I don't). I look forward to the mechanics they implement though, I just hope fishing isn't made to be too difficult. Maybe there will also be fish farming for coastal towns? Who knows!

-- Zahra Sedai --

5/22/2017 2:38:48 AM #9

Posted By Litarian at 6:17 PM - Sun May 21 2017

That furthers the question, how near does the research have to be for a player to obtain a boat?

Can you purchase one from anyone? Or would you have to make this boat yourself. This is a silly question but I've seen it in some games that items are only use full to the player who makes it.

Interestingly enough, I'm part of an organization doing just that! Shipwrights. Are you looking to be a fisherman? If so, I have a home for you. Check out my signature block below.