COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Having Children

I've been wondering how having children will work in the game. I know you make the decision through a child contract, but my question is more about after that. Will there be a period of time where the wife of the family is pregnant after the contract is signed, or will I just come back to the house after a few days and a baby will be there? I've looked around somewhat and been unable to find an answer to my question in the forums. Extending the question; will the same process (whatever it may be) be used for breeding animals but without the contract?

5/22/2017 5:29:21 AM #1

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏

5/22/2017 5:35:07 AM #2

No idea on the animal front but female characters/npc will not become pregnant and have to carry a baby for 9 months. The Devs decided that they don't want to disadvantage genders in anyway so from we know you sign the contract and yeah poof, baby is born.

5/22/2017 6:56:17 AM #3

I think that they mentioned 1 month wait period before the Baby pops in your House.

5/22/2017 7:20:16 AM #4

will also be intresting if theres a min age / cooldown for both sexes, also wonder what will happen if theres a large imbalance of female vs male characters

Friend Code: E0F29A Town Discord: https://discord.gg/YcSbSvD
Town looking for members, Join now for more influence and choice in the decisions of the town! We are going to be primary shipbuilding port with a few guilds Pledged to Kingdom of Ashland

5/22/2017 8:36:45 AM #5

NPC's can change any imbalance easy enough if it is needed i would think.

5/22/2017 10:10:00 AM #6

From what I've heard the current plan is that a man and woman will sign a child contract together, and a week later will have an eight year old child. Neither character can sign another child contract during that week, and they need to have a bedroom and a some starting items for the child. The child will get a random set of genes from each parent, and the player will get to decide which gene is dominant, and which is recessive for each trait. Some traits may be linked together, so you would choose one set or the other. You'll be able to reroll the inherited traits once. This is all pieced together from bits and pieces that have been mentioned here and there, and is obviously still subjectt to change, but it's my current understanding of what the process will look like.

Shieldwall Strong!

5/22/2017 11:09:03 AM #7

Posted By CommonlyQuixotic at 11:10 AM - Mon May 22 2017

From what I've heard the current plan is that a man and woman will sign a child contract together, and a week later will have an eight year old child. Neither character can sign another child contract during that week, and they need to have a bedroom and a some starting items for the child. The child will get a random set of genes from each parent, and the player will get to decide which gene is dominant, and which is recessive for each trait. Some traits may be linked together, so you would choose one set or the other. You'll be able to reroll the inherited traits once. This is all pieced together from bits and pieces that have been mentioned here and there, and is obviously still subjectt to change, but it's my current understanding of what the process will look like.

I've actually been wondering about some of this. Parts of the character creation have hinted than when you join as a child of two characters, you still have some customisation, it's just limited to what might be possible with your character's genes. Is this so? How does that tie into children already existing in the game?

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.