COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Wheel of Time TV series getting in on the hype?

As Wheel of Time been mentioned as inspiration for the first version of Chronicles of Elyria, and with the TV series now in the making, do you think it will get some hype spread around both ways?

Only read they cleared the legal rights problems and now moving forward, no idea about the quality, when or even if they going to have anything to show. Just hope it will be nothing like that one "pilot" episode.. Have my doubts but still hoping for something good.

5/22/2017 3:56:55 PM #1

Lol liking the avatar. Met the guys in the middle before :D

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my eyes open for that one ;) I'm actually going to have to dig those books out for another read some time :)

5/22/2017 4:22:35 PM #2

I'm always hesitant of good literary series making it to good TV. Terry Goodkind sword of truth books became the TV show Legend of the Seeker, pilot was good, then it went south fast.

But Dark Tower does look good.

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

5/22/2017 5:19:09 PM #3

I actually liked the Legend of the Seeker Series but having it done by mainstream tv made it impossible to be a first class production. Books like that really need the HBO type treatment. I think the Terry Goodkind books were far better as a whole than the WOT series.

You know, I loved the first few books of the WoT but after that, talk about the plot not advancing. It became book after book of braid tugging, male bashing by a bunch of harpy like women that obviously hated men and felt that no man could accomplish anything without a woman directing them. But as soon as they fell in love they became moronic teens in various stages of puppy love. Really, the main character Rand, had not one, not two but three of these harpies in love with him at once? And overly describing people or places that often you would never encounter again. I became convinced that Jordan stumbled upon the formula of making a fantastic 4 book series into a boring 12 book cash cow by never advancing the plot. The last few books written by Sanderson after Jordan died were pretty good though.

That being said, if they were to make it into a series similar to Game of Thrones and not Legend. I am all for it.

Speaking of "Game." 6 years+ between books? And once again the plot advanced not at all in the last two books. Talk about a writer bored with his work.

5/22/2017 5:48:30 PM #4

god I hated the female characters in WoT

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

5/22/2017 5:53:27 PM #5

I'm really looking forward to the WoT TV series and I hope they nail it!

5/22/2017 7:24:08 PM #6

What is wheels of time?

5/22/2017 7:30:53 PM #7

Posted By Maulvorn at 10:24 PM - Mon May 22 2017

What is wheels of time?

Book series, fantasy.

5/22/2017 9:23:07 PM #8

Posted By Vairly at 2:30 PM - Mon May 22 2017

Posted By Maulvorn at 10:24 PM - Mon May 22 2017

What is wheels of time?

Book series, fantasy.

2nd most famous epic fantasy series after LOTR. JRR read it too.

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

5/22/2017 10:33:47 PM #9

I didn't finish WoT, still on Winters Heart and have been for a couple of years now lol.

I really hope HBO etc do something with Raymond E Feist's Riftwar Saga. They were epic books. Not read them all, got as far as Talon of the Silver Hawk or thereabouts.

There is another TV show coming adapted from a book series. Its vampires so I hope to god it's not teeny like TVD. Anyway its The Passage by Justin Cronin. Not read it myself but my personal librarian has, dude has shed loads of books.

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.