COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
NA-E Waymeet: Town of Beginnings

Waymeet: Town of Beginnings

!

Nestled on the border of the Kingdom of Bordweall is a town of traders, wanderers and adventurers. A town of wide thoroughfares and narrow alleys, the smells of exotic spices and cured meats, bustling crowds, quiet parks, and wealthy estates hidden away behind high walls and guarded gates.

Waymeet began life as a small outpost, frequented by mercenaries seeking a neutral meeting point. And neutral it had to be, for amongst the free companies of Elyria there were many enemies. So were established the Codes of Waymeet, to ensure that none of those petty conflicts could destroy what the founders had created. Thus the town grew into what it is today.

Who we are

Waymeet is a place for players who value independence, trade, and adventure. Though we start small, our goal is to grow into a trade city. We are actively recruiting players of all kinds, but especially guilds searching for a place to work toward their goals with more freedom than in central cities.

Those who join us early on will have a chance to shape Waymeet’s lore and history during the early phases of development and upcoming Kingdoms of Elyria/ElyriaMUD experience.

While we value freedom in Waymeet, the Codes still hold sway after hundreds of years. These four tenets are above laws, and those who violate them can expect to find themselves faced with the full extent of our wrath.

CODE OF MIGHT -- In the event that a crime or personal sleight has taken place that cannot be proven or punished, the accusor may challenge the accused to a duel. Refusal will bring dishonor and may be seen as tantamount to an admission of guilt.

CODE OF COIN -- All debts, public and private, must be repaid. If a debt is not paid as per agreement, but cannot be proven through good bookkeeping, the accusor may seek regress through the Code of Might.

CODE OF BLOOD -- All deaths, too, must be repaid. Whether an accident or a murder most foul, if a death cannot be punished by the law, it shall be punished by the sword. The accused is named before a gathering of witnesses. If they do not respond to the accusation, or they attempt to flee Waymeet, they shall be considered guilty and a bounty shall be placed upon them. If the accused is already dead, is proven innocent, or otherwise cannot be held accountable, the accusor may seek regress through the Code of Coin.

CODE OF SILENCE -- All actions taken beneath the auspices of the Codes of Waymeet are final. Further disputes or disagreements are dishonorable. If any seek to defame those found rightful by the Codes, they may be punished under Kingdom Law.

Where we are:

Though we reside within the Kingdom of Bordweall, we plan to build Waymeet on the border of two or more kingdoms to serve as a crossroads and trading center for a large and varied population.

Please note that our exact in-game location is unknown at this time, and will remain so until after Land Selection. We will make sure Waymeet is as optimally placed as it can be to foster growth.

Government Structure:

Waymeet is divided into four districts, each governed by one of the Founding Families. Each of these players has pledged at the Mayor level or above, which means their districts are each the size of an individual town. Working together, Waymeet will be one of the larger player-created settlements in the game at start.

LORD MAYOR: Vlake Leonhart

A staunch proponent of Waymeet’s values, Vlake Leonhart is descended from one of the original mercenary captains who founded the town. He is the current Lord of House Leonhart, and also the Guild Master of the Wandering Eye explorer’s guild. As Lord Mayor, he is Waymeet's ultimate authority.

DISTRICT MAYOR: Sidryn Severlee

A military House to their core, Severlee has never forgotten their mercenary heritage. Originally a rival of House Leonhart, generations of peace and prosperity have made them close allies. House Severlee oversees The Bastion, Waymeet's Military District.

DISTRICT MAYOR: Tycren Dixon

The ring of hammers on steel and the trundle of carts are like music to the members of House Dixon. Crafters, traders, and treasure seekers all, they made Waymeet their home at the invitation of House Leonhart. House Dixon oversees The Exchange, Waymeet's Business District.

STEWARD: [Open]

The Steward is the Mayor’s majordomo, with authority over Waymeet’s administration. Alongside the Mayor, they will enact laws, manage daily logistics, and maintain the treasury. Alongside the Sheriff, they will oversee legal and contractual disputes. The Steward will also keep the town record as an external document that can be referred to at any time.

Please note that this position is not suited for an adventurer, and is recommended for players who wish to be involved in Dance of Dynasties gameplay but were unable/unwilling to purchase a noble title.

SHERIFF: Vashack

The Sheriff will be responsible for community and peacekeeping duties that fall outside the purview of the NPC guards. This includes dealing with immediate threats in the surrounding countryside as well as the town proper, training and/or advising newbie adventurers, acting as an officiate for local events, and serving as the local “quest-giver”. The Sheriff may also hire deputies to assist in these duties as needed.

COUNCIL: Sidryn Severlee,Tycren Dixon, Zeyron Shadowalker, Head Archivist Marovc V'Ralt

The town council serves as the primary leadership body of Waymeet, guiding decisions and overseeing the general wellbeing of the town. You do not need to have a noble title to serve on the council, but there are limited seats available. Town officials are guaranteed a seat. The founding families (see below) each have one seat. Guilds based in Waymeet have one seat by default, but can be granted more depending on their size. The remaining seats are filled by elected citizens.

Below is a list of current seats.

MAYOR: Vlake Leonhart

SHERIFF: Vashack

STEWARD: [Open]

FAMILY SEAT: House Severlee

FAMILY SEAT: House Dixon

FAMILY SEAT: House Shadowalker

FAMILY SEAT: [Additional Seats Available]

GUILD SEAT: The Wandering Eye

GUILD SEAT: [Additional Seats Available]

Settling in Waymeet:

If you like the sound of Waymeet so far, consider settling here. Come into our Discord to discuss the possibility and ask questions.

We are currently in open recruitment. Come on down!

Founding Families:

Those who settled in Waymeet many generations ago and have left their mark on the town. Founding Families are player families who show commitment to Waymeet before the end of KoE/EM. Founding Families will be given first choice during Land Selection to find the dream plot for their home.

In order to be considered a Founding Family, you must be able to choose your own Bloodline Name. This feature is only available to those who purchased the Bloodline pledge package or above.

Guilds:

Guilds who decide to create their headquarters in Waymeet will be given special perks such as reduced taxes, exclusive contracts, a council seat, and second choice during Land Selection to find the dream plot for their Guildhouse. In order to make Waymeet into the city we all want it to be, we need prosperous guilds spearheading our economy.

Adventurers:

First and foremost, Waymeet is a town for adventurers. If you like to roam and fight, but need a place to rest your head between adventurers, Waymeet is the place for you. Think of us as a quest hub; a place you can go to buy supplies, sell your treasures, and kick back at the Tree Shade Tavern before getting another contract and roving out once more.

Waymeet’s Sheriff will be on hand to assist you with contracts, training, and outfitting. You may also enjoy the nearby combat arena (join the Discord for more info).

Crafting/Gathering

Crafters of all kinds are welcome in Waymeet, even if you’re not associated with a guild. There will be plenty of adventurers, traders, and guilds in need of your goods and services, as well as rare supplies and blueprints being bought and sold along the trade routes.

5/23/2017 7:20:01 AM #1

Ah, the Codes of Waymeet. Long has House Severlee celebrated their warrior ancestors. Others may call us antiquated or old-fashioned, but we live and die by the Codes.

Our honor is our shield. The Codes are our sword.

House Severlee of Waymeet

5/23/2017 8:43:46 AM #2

been waiting for the town post, looks great +1

Alt text - can be left blank

5/23/2017 5:49:51 PM #3

Thanks, the credit goes to Endrak.

5/24/2017 4:05:58 AM #4

Nice looking post you got there. :]

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

5/24/2017 4:08:30 AM #5

We are currently looking for an Academy, if anyone is interested in founding one in Waymeet, the Academy shall receive support from me.

5/25/2017 4:58:11 PM #6

Your town looks great! i hope to visit one day!

United we stand. Divided we fall. Friend Code: ABF605 Click my Banner to find out more

5/25/2017 9:07:24 PM #7

Hi Vlake. It's ThunderRising from Discord. Thought I'd swing by and say hi.

5/26/2017 4:22:00 AM #8

Looking for a building company! The town grew more than expected!

5/26/2017 7:02:32 PM #9

Post Updated: The town shall bow be divided in districts due to growth.

8/6/2017 8:20:13 PM #10

I wrote up a nice thing but then it crashed so i need to retype. i said i really enjoyed how this post has grown and how much detail and thought have gone into it. for example the codes are a really unique idea that i have not heard of previously and i thought it was really cool. also how you have districts. this in all gives people a good view of what you guys are about and i think it sheds some positive light on your vision. +1 well done

United we stand. Divided we fall. Friend Code: ABF605 Click my Banner to find out more

1/6/2018 1:42:48 AM #11

I'm alive!!!!

11/17/2018 1:14:01 AM #12

We are still around and going. PM if interested!