COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Barony parcel size/interface
Through account merging or other means, if i get my barony to 49+ parcels (city size) and build a courthouse, will i be able to create my own laws for my barony? Or can i not build a courthouse since i am only a baron? Thoughts?

Apologize in advance if this has been asked.

5/22/2017 11:48:25 PM #1

It has been mentioned that some buildings will be locked, and other you will be able to build BUT the benefits will be locked.

Quote from the Dev journal.

As you continue to grow your land, build new structures, and expand the community size it will follow a similar pattern. Here are the actual requirements:

Hamlet: 3 Parcels; 10 people; Well

Village: 9 Parcels; 25 people; Tavern

Town: 25 parcels; 75 people; Town Hall

City: 49 parcels; 150 people; Courthouse

Capital: 81 parcels; 250 people; Monument

5/22/2017 11:56:54 PM #2

From my understanding, so long as you meet the requirements, you can attain the active and passive bonuses of any type of settlement. I think it's safe to assume that if your settlement has the required 49 parcels, 150 people, and the Courthouse, then you will be able to enact laws. There's nothing that I'm aware of that would prove otherwise.

5/23/2017 12:02:31 AM #3

Posted By Artsykidd at 6:56 PM - Mon May 22 2017

I think it's safe to assume that if your settlement has the required 49 parcels, 150 people, and the Courthouse, then you will be able to enact laws. There's nothing that I'm aware of that would prove otherwise.

I've read every update, Q&A, Dev Journal, etc. and I don't remember reading/hearing anything that would prevent me from doing it.

However, I'm human and can misread things or forget them, so want to check with the community. Thanks

5/23/2017 12:07:55 AM #4

Per DJ 18

"Once you hit City-level and above, and add a Courthouse, it becomes possible to customize the local laws using the desk at the Courthouse. As with the lower-level tiers, aside from defining some laws for your city, using the City Planning Table to identify where buildings should go, viewing the resource tables to ensure you’re getting the right resources into the town, and collecting taxes, you can otherwise play the game as you normally would."

5/23/2017 12:38:34 AM #5

Posted By Kelipski at 7:07 PM - Mon May 22 2017

Per DJ 18

"Once you hit City-level and above, and add a Courthouse, it becomes possible to customize the local laws using the desk at the Courthouse. As with the lower-level tiers, aside from defining some laws for your city, using the City Planning Table to identify where buildings should go, viewing the resource tables to ensure you’re getting the right resources into the town, and collecting taxes, you can otherwise play the game as you normally would."

Ah fantastic. As previously mentioned, I'm forgetful. Thanks! :)

5/23/2017 12:45:31 AM #6

That's fine. If we can find specific answers we do try. I'm searching them now to answer a question. There's a lot out there to remember so its easy to forget some of it.

5/23/2017 1:07:12 AM #7

Posted By Kelipski at 7:45 PM - Mon May 22 2017

That's fine. If we can find specific answers we do try. I'm searching them now to answer a question. There's a lot out there to remember so its easy to forget some of it.

What's the question? maybe i can help you look.

5/23/2017 1:11:39 AM #8

Also good to know, tokens automatically give you the infrastructure at those threshholds (check the token descriptions in the store for proof). You may have to position those buildings, but if your settlement passes the right threshholds you will have them.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

5/23/2017 1:11:51 AM #9

Mine is about NPC/animal CDG. Its on the recent threads. I have a basic answer from a DJ, hoping to find a better one in a Q&A video.