COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
It's the Thought That Counts

A hearty greeting to you, my friends,

The culmination of our celebration builds upon one theme: community! That legendary quest of feeling like you're playing a table-top RPG with thousands of people in a fully-interactive, non-linear, virtual-world is something we all share in this community. To some, that means dungeon-delving. To others, politics and intrigue. Yet others are looking to become a famous artisan, wage epic wars, create a mercantile empire, or simply experience a slice of life in a different world.

We're a community of like-minded individuals whose sum is greater than our parts. We want to help you bring your friends and family into the fold, to experience Elyria with you, and so our secret Week 4 gift is gifting!

The dev team pulled hard to get this implemented in time for gift recipients to be able to take advantage of the other anniversary promotions. It may not be what you were expecting, but it's an important feature and we're happy to include it in our celebrations this month!

Gifts can now be sent from Account > Inventory. Since an account may only have 1 Pledge Package assigned to it right now, there are giftable packages now available in the Store. Sending a package to another account gives the recipient the opportunity to Claim the package (if their account does not currently have a package), re-gift it, or hold onto it until account merging is put in place (if they have an existing package). Note: the Influence from any gift package purchase is retained by the account that purchased it.

Did you get a Carriage for Two? If you answered yes, you'll find an Elyrian Gift already in your inventory which can be sent to your sweetheart once they have created their account.

Doing Away With Layaway

Settlement & Domain Selection is on the horizon so I want to announce that our Layaway program will be coming to an end. As of July 1st, 2017, the Layaway feature will no longer offer new Layaways. The majority of folks with a package on Layaway will be eligible to participate in Settlement & Domain Selection and, since the package rewards aren't truly owned until the package is paid off, we don't want people showing up late to that party.

If you have an existing Layaway, you can still make payments up until Exposition starts but you'd miss out on many of the benefits in the pledge. So, while we encourage you to pay it off by Settlement & Domain Selection (and especially in May while it's on sale), ultimately you are the manager of your own money and the master of your own life. We won't be canceling layaways-in-progress on July 1st, we're just not inviting new layaways to be started after that date.

Don't Miss Out

The sales on Pledge Packages and Exposition Points continue - 10% off for just a little while longer! These deals, along with the limited-time EP Pack, are going away at the end of the month.

Villager and Guild Tokens will be available to purchase up until Exposition, but the Contest entry will close at the end of the month, as well. Villager Tokens must be contributed to a player with a Settlement (Mayor title and above), but Organizations could be started by anyone. Each Token is ultimately an entry into a raffle with prizes as follows:

• The winning settlements are guaranteed to have a major story event occur in their settlement!
  • The winning organizations will be written into the lore and history of Elyria as we continue to develop the game!

There will be a set of winners on each server, which we'll announce after Server Selection. Check out last week's announcement for more details about the contest.

All of this is because May is the anniversary of our Kickstarter and we wanted to celebrate with you! Check out the announcement post for full details about the different events that have gone on this month.

Remember, the greatest gift is not found in the store, but in the hearts of true friends,

Vye

5/23/2017 10:59:26 PM #1

Awesome :D

5/23/2017 10:59:52 PM #2

MERRY CHRISTMAS ME HEARTIES

5/23/2017 11:07:45 PM #3

Wait, no submarines? Damn :(

Brash

5/23/2017 11:13:04 PM #4

Interesting.

Glad you guys put in all of the hard work and for the betterment of the community.

5/23/2017 11:16:30 PM #5

and.....

5/23/2017 11:18:15 PM #6

Posted By Ironside at 7:13 PM - Tue May 23 2017

Interesting.

That's a word... I mean... I guess it makes sense. If I can ever get anyone of my gaming friends interested this will make it easier for me to maybe sweeten the pot a little... maybe...

Still... This is a bit of a let down given the hype.

The Township of Bris, County Delgora. Friend Code B2CF9C Friend Code B2CF9C

5/23/2017 11:19:44 PM #7

Sooo, it's not really a promotion though, is it?

I thought I was going to get something. Something for free or something paid, but something. This Elyrian Gift I already had, you just made it so I could see it and do something with it.

Still no clue if it comes with ElyriaMUD access for sure.

Ignore me, just felt like having a tiny moan.

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

5/23/2017 11:22:18 PM #8

Who the hell is downvoting.

5/23/2017 11:22:28 PM #9

Posted By ZeroCool at 4:19 PM - Tue May 23 2017

Sooo, it's not really a promotion though, is it?

I thought I was going to get something. Something for free or something paid, but something. This Elyrian Gift I already had, you just made it so I could see it and do something with it.

Still no clue if it comes with ElyriaMUD access for sure.

Ignore me, just felt like having a tiny moan.

I believe we all feel like having a tiny moan... there was no need to make this a surprise... built up hype for... nothing.... Hope this is just a joke..

5/23/2017 11:23:07 PM #10

This is just the opening for week four right?

5/23/2017 11:23:37 PM #11

Well I will say what all wont, this was a disappointment, I did this already for a friend, just made account and gave it to them..disappointment, but nice first 3 weeks, so 3 out of 4 not bad..

5/23/2017 11:23:57 PM #12

Posted By Maulvorn at 7:22 PM - Tue May 23 2017

Who the hell is downvoting.

People that expected the hype and suspense to be worth it?

This is not that...

The Township of Bris, County Delgora. Friend Code B2CF9C Friend Code B2CF9C

5/23/2017 11:25:53 PM #13

The new is good, but honestly, it should have never been a secret. I'm sorry for puting it like this, but I'm sure more people think the same.

A surprise should be always greater and more special. Also, it felt like it was going to be something bigger because many expectations were created.

Basically, if I would have known this, it would have been a good surprise. But I don't feel like this makes justice to the "big secret" thing.

I'm sorry again, but, I think someone has to say it... As a constructive way of helping, from the point of view of a fan of yours, next time don't make any secret unless it's something that actually deserves the expectation.

5/23/2017 11:27:33 PM #14

Surprise! A new way to spend money! xD :D :| :'(

Sexy kypiq boy looking for a sexy yoru girl to make many sexy smurfs Inventory Plebment - AN EMPTY BAG

5/23/2017 11:28:41 PM #15

Hype can definitely get out-of-hand and we could never satisfy everyone but, hey, we tried! We are really excited about this feature and think it is pretty awesome because it's another step toward Account Merging and everything that follows, such as Settlement & Domain Selection.

We also delivered on our promise to allow for gifting of carriages and other packages, and worked to get it done early enough that people who received those packages would have the benefit of the 10% discount on upgrades! So we've got that going for us, which is nice. :)