COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Convince me. Why should I invest in this game?

I'm kind of excited and extremely interested in this game. I've been let down by so many MMOs since 2003. How far are we from launch of this game, and why should I invest in it? I've been watching the videos and I'm just starting to read up on it. Sounds great.

I'm an avid Roleplayer. Will there be any attention given to my playstyle? Will we have animated emotes? Will we be able to make our own macros that consist of an emote and text to accompany it? Speech bubbles?

Convince me, please.

5/31/2017 1:39:54 AM #1

i'd say read THIS THREAD

some of the other stuff like speech bubbles, too early to tell yet

5/31/2017 1:42:40 AM #2

Instead of getting extremely biased answers from a community formed mostly by people who have spent absurd amounts of money on the game, you should probably go and look through the information all over this website and their youtube channel and decide for yourself if you should invest in this game.

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏

5/31/2017 2:20:21 AM #3

Just read the dev journals, and watch the videos out there. They're pretty convincing.

5/31/2017 2:50:42 AM #4

I shouldn't have to convince you of anything. Only spend money you are comfortable spending on the things you want. If you think you want this game, check it out. Read about it, talk to people. But people shouldn't be playing salesman.

If you're more comfortable waiting until you see something more substantial, hold onto your coin. Check up on the game, read the updates, and if you decide to buy it later, then do so.

If you're full of doubt or distrust, don't buy it. You'll only grow bitter over any little thing due to that bias. If you're skeptical, hang out and buy it later. But if you're interested, read the Dev Journals, read the updates, hang out in Discord and the forums, and make your own decisions with your money.

There are a lot of roleplayers in this community. I myself plan to roleplay my character when holding court and arbitrating justice, or whenever really. There will be emotes, but we don't know a lot about the user interface yet.

NA-W "Angelica"

5/31/2017 2:54:03 AM #5

Cuz it has stuff.

- Shmuck

5/31/2017 3:11:55 AM #6

I am actually new to CoE as well and am currently trying to buy a King Package, I would say CoE is a good game, and I'd invest if I were you

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

5/31/2017 4:41:17 AM #7

Honestly I would say "invest in the game because the dream is worth it". Allow your imagination to delight in what is being built here ...

... that said, you only need a game package. You do not need to go beyond that; many of us have because we want to support the project, but whether you are a peasant or a king, I look forward to playing with you in Elyria. And indeed, the dance of politics has already begun for many ... without even downloading any part of the actual game, people are already having fun.

Link to my story