COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
Dealing with unintentional killing

If I were to set my character to auto-walk in my carriage and then AFK till I reach town and accidently run someone over would that cause a spirit walk?

Or say I'm adding on an addition to my house and the roof falls cause I didn't put enough supports and accidentally cause a spirit walk...

Will this be a thing and how do you think spirit loss will be handled by that?

UDL

5/31/2017 4:17:20 AM #1

I think at most, it would lead to a KO, not a CDG. At the most, or depending on whatever factors of wagon type, what is leading it, how heavy it is? If it even gets that complicated.

5/31/2017 6:34:35 AM #2

I would imagine it's possible. Those could fall under the realism of "fate", "will of the Gods/Qin", or "shit happens, people die".

Secondary note: Horses pulling a carriage aren't sports cars or quiet. If someone gets runover by a horse drawn carriage they were already failing the Darwin test.

5/31/2017 7:28:33 AM #3

Posted By Kelipski at 8:34 PM - Tue May 30 2017

I would imagine it's possible. Those could fall under the realism of "fate", "will of the Gods/Qin", or "shit happens, people die".

Secondary note: Horses pulling a carriage aren't sports cars or quiet. If someone gets runover by a horse drawn carriage they were already failing the Darwin test.

Would you think the victim could put out a bounty token on that?

depending on how you word it to the sheriff they could believe you

UDL

5/31/2017 7:41:37 AM #4

Don't you have to CdG someone on purpose? Pretty sure even if you stabbed someone 50 times with a sword it wouldn't CgD them unless you specifically chose to. It would just incapacitate them. No spirit loss.

That said, just because there's no spirit loss doesn't mean something isn't a crime. Accidentally running someone over with your carriage as an OPC probably isn't criminal - as Kelipski said, if someone is dumb enough to get first walked over by horses and then rolled over by a carriage, both moving at just above a walking pace, then you're probably doing the world a favour. On the other hand, if you're a highwayman and you set your OPC to incapacitate people and steal their shit, then that's definitely criminal.

Just realised I misread what you said and that you were auto walking, but OPC. But still - carriage accident, likely the fault of whoever managed to get run over.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

5/31/2017 7:42:09 AM #5

Not 100%, but I believe an OPC won't actually do anything criminal. They will have a set number of commands you can give them and that's about it.

It would be funny to come back and find out you've been arrested for running over the little old lady next door that couldn't get out of the way of your carriage barreling 5 MPH (8 KPH for most of the world)

5/31/2017 7:59:15 AM #6

in the case with the carriage this opens the opportunity for battle carriages.

But as far as CDG goes I'm just waiting to see what that would look like gameplay wise. My thoughts is that it would be like a second life bar once you're unconscious but it could be just a single command that does it in 1 action.

UDL