COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Tribe Q&A Schedule

Fair tidings, friends,

After posting Design Journal #20: A Tale of Twelve Tribes and revealing the write-ups on the first 3 tribes, it became apparent that there’s just too much information for a single Q&A! There will now be additional Tribe Q&A’s—4 in total—covering them in groups of 3-4 over the next several weeks. As we talk more about Tribes, how they interact with each other, and how they slot into CoE gameplay, we’ll be able to foster a deeper discussion about Tribes moving forward with the knowledge from previous Q&As and without having to barrel through all 12 in a single Q&A session.

Read Caspian's Design Journal on Tribes to learn about how they were developed. Specific details about each of the twelve tribes will initially show up as individual threads in the General Discussion forum. The list below will turn into links as each one is posted so that you can easily locate them.

The Q&As will take place on our Twitch.tv channel at the following times:

• Part II: Monday, June 19th at 1PM PDT / 4PM EDT / 8PM GMT / 8PM UTC
  • Part III: Monday, July 10th at 1PM PDT / 4PM EDT / 8PM GMT / 8PM UTC
  • Part IV: Monday, July 24th at 1PM PDT / 4PM EDT / 8PM GMT / 8PM UTC

Question threads will be opened up for each of the Q&As, but questions will not be limited to the most recently-released tribes. Any previously-released tribe can be talked about. As mentioned above, the relationships between the tribes and other learnings discovered as we progress through each Q&A will allow us to get deeper and deeper into all the tribes with each session.

May life afford you the courage to choose the path on which you walk,

Vye

6/29/2017 8:54:22 PM #46

There are no classes.

The Akashic Records

6/29/2017 8:54:38 PM #47

Read the forums

The Akashic Records

6/29/2017 8:55:30 PM #48

It counts for all weapons that weapons will retain their size. If a Kypiq has a sword, yes it will likely be a dagger for a larger tribe.

Not sure how this would work for bows? If you can use it go for it, if not too bad.

The Akashic Records

7/3/2017 6:02:49 AM #49

Can male Kypiqs have facial hair?

7/9/2017 2:39:06 AM #50

Kypiq look interasting

7/9/2017 10:27:50 PM #51

Which tribe would be the best if I wanted to become assassin?

7/10/2017 4:03:43 AM #52

Probably either Kypiq for the small and sneaky factor or Dras for the poison expertise.

Janoa would be great at the killing part, but they like to take trophies and display them, and as an assassin, you'd probably want to be more discreet.

Friend Code: B8ADDD

7/11/2017 12:47:10 AM #53

Concerning combat styles, will there be a form of grappling during combat?

7/22/2017 12:06:31 AM #54

Will one of the discoverable tribes be ocean-based? A sailor needs her sea, ya know?

Astronomer. Sailor. Desert Admirer. And the only Waerd supporter in CoE?

7/22/2017 7:35:46 AM #55

Posted By MiyukiShioru at 5:27 PM - Sun Jul 09 2017

Which tribe would be the best if I wanted to become assassin?

The Waerd would certainly do well as assassins... perhaps Kypiq as well, for their stealth abilities.

Posted By Bianca_Leijon at 7:06 PM - Fri Jul 21 2017

Will one of the discoverable tribes be ocean-based? A sailor needs her sea, ya know?

That would be the Mydarri. :)

7/23/2017 7:26:31 AM #56

What is the most knowledgeable tribe? My career within this game will be more focused on being a scholar. I want to be the best scholar I can, and need to know which tribe has the most intelligence, and is best equip for this. Please inform us on Tribe intelligence. We already know which tribe has strength, and which tribes may be best suited for deviance. I want brains!

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

7/23/2017 3:44:37 PM #57

One more question.. About intelligence. Will our brain power grow like strength. If we become book worms? Further, will it be on an intelligence curve simmilar to strength for different tribes?

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

7/23/2017 9:24:29 PM #58

7/24/2017 6:25:07 AM #59

Posted By Hermes_Kriophoros at 12:26 AM - Sun Jul 23 2017

What is the most knowledgeable tribe? My career within this game will be more focused on being a scholar. I want to be the best scholar I can, and need to know which tribe has the most intelligence, and is best equip for this. Please inform us on Tribe intelligence. We already know which tribe has strength, and which tribes may be best suited for deviance. I want brains!

"All living creatures in Elyria are rated along three axes of attributes: Physical (Strength, Agility, Stamina), Mental (Will, Reason, Focus), and Social (Persuasion, Intuition, Leadership). The values below represent the (Tribe's) predisposition toward certain attributes.

Note that the actual starting values of a character's attributes are based on their specific parents, but a character's bloodline also determines how easy or difficult it is to raise one attribute over another."

Neran: They are the most flexible of all the tribes, and the basis by which all other tribes are measured against.

Hrothi: Far more advanced mentally than most of the races and are equally balanced between their mental traits.

Brudvir: Learning from the other animals of the forest, the Brudvir have developed a constant vigilance and mental fortitude, being able to utilize their impressive will and focus to power through that which most people would cave to.

Kypiq: A clever Kypiq is a successful Kypiq. Relying on ingenuity and pluck in even the most mundane situation, they are viewed as impish rapscallions by those who can't see their genius. Not prone to long bouts of focused thinking, there is a tendency for Kypiq to want to get their hands dirty in order to better work through a problem.

Janoa: The Janoa run the middle of the road when it comes to mental aptitude. Not the best, but not the worst.

Dras: The ages have not been kind to the Dras, but it did not drain their resolve. Instead, it has pushed their will and focus to greater and greater heights.

To'resk: Willful, calculating, and logical, the To'resk are among the most mentally strong of the Tribes of Mann.

The Waerd: The Waerd are a willful and focused tribe, able to pick up new skills relatively quickly.