COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
RIP to a lost Elyrian

We've often joked about Elyria Ohio being a backwater town, and a funny coincidence of a name connecting it to this game, but today it lost one of it's own. For some reason learning that one of the 7 people killed on board the USS Fitzgerald was from Elyria Ohio made me particularly sad, but it also gave me the opportunity to remember how lucky I am to be sitting here enjoying life while waiting for the game to come out.

I'm former Navy and the accident has been hitting me a little harder than most. During my deployment we likewise went through an avoidable ordeal like this and lost lives. For former Navy, reading the rates and ages of the people who died gives so much more insight to their lives and who they were than just being a name on the list. In many ways, I felt like I knew them, and in some ways I'm reliving the previous loss.

I know this isn't exactly the place for something like this, but hey the tavern is FFA topics.

In any case, fair wind and following seas to those shipmates that were lost.

6/19/2017 6:22:20 AM #1

Thankyou for sharing this with us, and again for your service.

6/23/2017 12:09:53 AM #2

I hate you, I wanted to smile at the fact theres a place called Elyria in Ohio but noo you have to bring up the loss of life. R.I.P. and best of luck for those serving and those who have fallen are not forgotton, even in a video game forum. thank you too.

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

6/23/2017 1:20:32 AM #3

Rest your oars.

6/23/2017 1:47:36 AM #4

Drinking to the fallen tonight.

6/23/2017 8:30:06 PM #5

I'll drink to that. Cheers.

6/23/2017 8:51:15 PM #6

Posted By Kayadine at 8:47 PM - Thu Jun 22 2017

Drinking to the fallen tonight.

Same.

7/12/2017 8:59:23 PM #7

Yer a Navy fellow and going to build ships in this game - how kool is that !

The Time To Travel Is Now

Friend Code: 650C5C