COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Unconventional Gameplay aka Why can't I hold all these EPs?

So, as some of you may know, I was on the bummed side of the fence when it was announced that the Mydarri would not be playable at launch. This however hasn't stopped me from wanting to play the game but rather, it has me considering unconventional ways for me to play moving forward.

I'm currently waiting to see if the To'resk are even close to what I'm looking for in a tribe. If they are, I may just continue about my business normally. If they aren't however...

I've been considering what to spend all my EP on if there are no tribes I wish to invest in at launch. I have enough to be buying things like the Military Kit available to Dukes and Kings, but obviously I won't be since I am neither a Duke or King, nor do I even intend to keep my current Count title.

Since under this scenario I will be refusing to invest in any tribe as I'll be abandoning the main continent as soon as Mydarri become available, I won't be buying land or buildings or anything of that nature. Don't really want to help develop settlements and the like I have no stake in. I'm pretty much stuck with buying vehicles, animals and personal equipment from the looks of it.

Has anyone taken a look at this thread here? Vehicles, animals and personal equipment aren't all that expensive. I could shoot for all the highest quality items and likely still have EP left over.

My current plan is to be a wandering dog trainer and breeder with my lovely partner. Might even engage in some mercenary work during our adventures to. We'll see the world of Elyria and likely be some of the first explorers of the new continent upon discovery (Especially if we manage to discover it ourselves). I'll be sure to spend EP on getting her and I properly equipped and prepared for life on the road, but odds are, I'll still have plenty of EP to spare.

Anyone have any ideas on what to spend all this EP on? Criteria being that it can't be land or buildings or really anything invested in bettering the current playable tribes.

6/21/2017 3:08:34 PM #1

The mydarri may not be present at lunch but you can find them, which makes it more exciting! Regarding the tribes, I believe they'll reveal a lot more information as time goes on. So, I'm looking forward to that information.

6/21/2017 3:19:31 PM #2

Buy land anyway?

Subdivide it and rent it out.

Make lots of cash off the rents to:

1) Support your wandering lifestyle. You can wander poor or you can wander in style.

2) Then be able to purchase from (or be a patron to) those who are developing the tech to get you to the new Mydarri continent.

Thus you are now using the other tribes, without their knowledge, to get to unlock the tribe you want even quicker.

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

6/21/2017 3:24:02 PM #3

1: How would I collect the rent if I'm wandering and exploring all of Elyria? I don't intend to keep going back to the same place.

2: I don't really feel obliged to help anyone else, even in ship development. They can manage on their own and I'm patient enough for them to finish.

6/21/2017 3:25:43 PM #4

Just buy a lot of land and sell it when the game goes live. Use the currency you obtain this way to fund your expedition to the Mydarri.

Brash

6/21/2017 3:28:23 PM #5

Wouldn't it be wise to wait until the To'resk tribe info is out before assuming the worse? But say it is the worse for you, why not invest it all in a ship building place or town port. If your goal is to get to another continent to discover the Mydarri, I thought you would then do everything in your power to help yourself get there. Over waiting for others to discover them. Surely there is some group on whatever server you want to play on that plans to go into ship building and then exploring.

But since you also put Criteria being that it can't be land or buildings or really anything invested in bettering the current playable tribes. at the bottom. Buy a few legendary whatever and watch all your EP spent on a few items. Assuming you don't have some crazy amount like 40k+.

6/21/2017 3:37:07 PM #6

Just spitballing here...But you could probably hire somebody to collect the money for you and somehow forward it to you or put it in some type of bank or something. Details on those mechanics are still unknown.

And as far as the other...You would gain the satisfaction of knowing that you used the other tribe to gain the greater goal of being the first to get to the Mydarri? The ends justify the means and all that?

If not i guess you could gift it to somebody...hint,..hint...

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

6/21/2017 3:58:35 PM #7

I don't see why investing in a port wouldn't be a bad plan. You encourage exploration to find the tribe you want at the moment, as well as providing a future trading partner for yourself aka the Mydarri. Though if wandering explorer is what you want, you might buy blueprints etc. and maybe hide them somewhere to find as your Mydarri?

There's plenty of ways you could spend it that would end up benefiting you eventually.

6/21/2017 4:09:46 PM #8

All of your ep will convert to sp when game launches (after expositon) so I would advise you use you EP to build up your passive income and you can sell it later when you desire to move (use money to build/buy a personal ship).

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

6/21/2017 4:19:27 PM #9

If you plan to travel, you probably want to spend your EP on fewer, higher quality things. I would skip the EP kits entirely since they are all basic quality and instead buy things a la cart. The difficulty with starting with higher quality goods is that you will be a target for thieves. In addition to vehicles, animals, and personal equipment for yourself and your partner, you might want to pick up additional items that you will loan/give to hired guards.

You will not be able to have children with this lifestyle, since children need a room in a house as part of writing a child contract. I suppose you could rent space somewhere for as long as your child(ren) need the room, but I don't know how long that would be. You might want to consider having a house somewhere. You could see if you can find an in-game family member to look after your property while you travel, which would allow you to be away longer than 28 days without your land being at risk for adverse possession.

One more difficulty I see with this lifestyle are that you may have difficulty sustaining it unless you sell individual dogs for a lot of money as it sounds unlikely that you could travel with lots of dogs unless you had a large retinue, which would cause other problems.

Shieldwall Strong!

6/21/2017 4:21:20 PM #10

Another wildly different possible playstyle would be to do whatever you can to gain story points before the Mydarri are discovered, then look for an NTC that has the sort of gameplay you want.

Shieldwall Strong!

6/21/2017 5:01:55 PM #11

If I remember correctly, blueprints and similar knowledge are saved to the soul. You could buy a bunch of legendary blueprints and memorise them, then teach those to the people around you as soon as you can take over a Mydarri with that soul. That should give your new home a significant advantage.

Alt text

6/21/2017 5:07:01 PM #12

I don't currently plan on having children due to personal issues with the Y chromosome. Maybe my partner will? Idk.

Maybe adoption will be a thing or maybe my partner will have a kid I can then assign as my heir. Who knows? I'll wait for more information on my options there.

6/21/2017 5:08:00 PM #13

Posted By Gunnlang at 11:28 AM - Wed Jun 21 2017

Wouldn't it be wise to wait until the To'resk tribe info is out before assuming the worse? But say it is the worse for you, why not invest it all in a ship building place or town port. If your goal is to get to another continent to discover the Mydarri, I thought you would then do everything in your power to help yourself get there. Over waiting for others to discover them. Surely there is some group on whatever server you want to play on that plans to go into ship building and then exploring.

But since you also put Criteria being that it can't be land or buildings or really anything invested in bettering the current playable tribes. at the bottom. Buy a few legendary whatever and watch all your EP spent on a few items. Assuming you don't have some crazy amount like 40k+.

I already am waiting for the To'resk. I still like to think about challenging predicaments such as this though.

6/21/2017 5:26:54 PM #14

If something like a safe or locked chest becomes available with EP, I think that would be a really good investment for someone who intends to get many valuable items without a building to keep them safe. I would imagine picking up multiple high quality caravan wagons could help you with transporting your many goods and maybe even your keeping your dogs safe.

6/21/2017 5:41:39 PM #15

Posted By CheshireGuevara at 03:07 AM - Thu Jun 22 2017

I don't currently plan on having children due to personal issues with the Y chromosome. Maybe my partner will? Idk.

Maybe adoption will be a thing or maybe my partner will have a kid I can then assign as my heir. Who knows? I'll wait for more information on my options there.

I don't really understand the problem with having a kid with a random player/npc. If you plan to have a lesbian relationship in game. Not 100% if they said someone else could have your kid though. Not like any real breeding happens anyway, like The Sims style. Just a random kid will appear after two parties make a contract.

Which if you never plan to have an heir. I still wonder, much like in the other thread you made, why it matters if your ideal tribe was available at launch or not. Since you couldn't really spend EP on yourself, since you would be forcing yourself to start a brand new character each time you died.

The skill ramps aside, losing storyline. The main thing that personally drew me towards this game. Starting a new one every year, hell fucking no. May as well just play a themepark MMO at that rate. I can't see how you would even connect with any character you are playing, knowing it will die and you can't pick up where you left off as your kid.

Not meaning to come across like I'm judging you or anything. Personally if I felt the same way as you did. I would have never backed high, cause what's the point? I get I will lose everything given enough time, but you have already put a time limit on yourself.

If you buy EP for yourself, even if it's bound by soul. Well in one year it's gone. You don't want buildings, but then, they would follow in suit since after the first lifetime they are gone as well. Really doesn't matter what you do with it, if you truly follow through with the idea of no kids.