COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
A Short Overview

Hello everyone

I have noticed that there are already some nice stickys, with links to all important topics, it is a lot to read tough. Also some information form older DEV journals are outdated and therefore confusing. So I'm missing a thread with all the basic information about COE in super short(as good as it can be) for all people, who dont have enough time to read all the single threads :). This will be a firt try.

Topics

How to start

• At the beginning you can choose to be a orphant(ward) of the age of 12 or a kid from a familiy(age 15)

World & Servers

• There will be four servers
  • Every server has the same basic values like size etc. for their world, but it will be, due auto genaration, a totally different world
  • Every server will have six kingdoms
  • The Worlds will have + 18 different biomes

NPC & PC

• There will be both NPC & PC
  • While you are logged out, a NPC will control your character by the settings you have choosen
  • Your character will have different needs like clothing, food etc. so the game has a surivial aspect
  • Your character will age(see chapter Permadeath)

Families

• You can join a familie at the start, or create your own by marriage etc., this will be important to setup your "heir"

Tribes

• There are 12 different tribes, 8 of them will be playable at launch.
  • Your tribe depends on which familie you choose at the start

Permadeath & Business model

• Unlike other games, if your character dies, he is death forever
  • If you dont want to lose your items & skills you can set up a heir
  • You characters life will last 12 reallife months
  • If you die in between this time, you will lose some of your total "lifetime"
  • To start over with your heir or completly new you have to buy a "spark of life"(30$)

Crafting

• There will be plenty different Crafts, you can learn them in schools or in the specific guild

Housing

• You can build you own house, or even start a new settlement with your friends
  • It is not clear yet, how this will look like ingame

Comat

• Combat will work on a skill-based system. So there will be no autoattacks or anything like.

Nobility

• Every character will have fame and reputation. Basically if you are the most famous guy, you are the King etc.
  • At the launch of the game all Kings and other nobilites will be people who backed the game up at the kickstarter
  • The Nobilites can set up laws etc. for the land you will for example build your house on

Pre-Alphas

• There will be a single Player demo, which works as a Playerbased testing tool for the client and will bascially tell the story of the world 5 years before the Exposition
  • There will be a 2d text based MUD, for the peasants and another one for the nobilites which also works as Pre-Alpha to test different functions of the game

Feel free to add anything you think is important enough to at to this quick Overview. Or correct me if I understood something wrong. I'm not native english speaker, so apologize my writting.