COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Discord changes + more moderation!

Hail, Elyrians!

It's been a while since we created our Discord server, and it's grown rather beautifully since then. We have hundreds of users consistently online, and that number has steadily been ticking upwards as the days pass and excited whispers of Chronicles of Elyria carries on the wind. The Discord community ebbs and flows in population, but the tide of users continues to rise steadily.

With growth, however, comes growing pains, and we've noticed that Discord has gotten full of strife over time. Strife leads to toxicity and toxicity leads to a community falling apart, and we don't want to see that happen. What we want is for our community to be a fun and safe place for everyone to visit, including all the new players that will be entering Elyria for the first time in the future. Guidelines are in place for a reason, to help guide and nurture a welcoming community. To help ensure those guidelines can be followed, we are officially extending them to the Discord server.

Starting tonight, Chronicles of Elyria's Code of Conduct and Terms of Service will apply to our official Discord server as well. Additionally, we will also be making a couple channel changes.

• #NSFW-Content will go away, because let's face it: you can go to a thousand other Discord servers or chat areas and find that kind of content. We've decided we just don't want it here anymore.
  • We're creating a #New-Players channel that will be strongly enforced to stay on topic to the game. Similar to the family system in Chronicles of Elyria, the older generations will help the younger generations acquaint themselves with the world before they decide upon their own path to follow. This will ensure new visitors to the CoE Discord are met by those who want to help them get into the game and community.

To help maintain these guidelines and changes across our forums and Discord, we're granting moderation abilities to 11 of our veteran members. That might seem like a lot, but more members with access to moderate means more time zones can be covered, less general toxicity, and a greater overall community for the coming excitement that is Domain Settlement and beyond!

These candidates were not selected lightly; they made the shortlist for their strength of character and engagement with the community, and after a thorough vetting we'd like to welcome to the team:

• Artsykidd
  • Caelestius
  • CerebralDaemon
  • Elbereth
  • Hellmoon
  • Kyxsune
  • Malais
  • Melizenn
  • Mythos Cardan
  • Noslim
  • Zerocool

These experienced and helpful community members have been given moderation abilities to help us and our community grow. Please give them your support!

To help guide, nurture, and mentor them, we've elevated our esteemed mods Barghest and Flashman to Super Moderator status. They will assist our Community Manager, Caeoltoiri, to ensure this new team has all they need to be successful and comfortable. Super Moderators are also those you can go to if you have an issue with a member of the moderator team, acting as mediators when needed.

All of these plans wouldn't have been possible without my entire team so thank you to all involved for making this happen!

Be assured that this is not something that was decided on lightly. This has been in the works through planning, construction of tools, writing of policy and procedure, and determination of oversight and reporting.

We welcome all our new members to the team, and hope you do as well.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

6/24/2017 12:48:01 AM #1

Awesome, big welcome to the new additions!

6/24/2017 1:03:51 AM #2

Happy to be a part of the mod team! :)

6/24/2017 1:07:59 AM #3

Quite the A-Team!

Good job of culling the temperate and wise!

Good luck, everybody!

(Do these fine folks get to be forum mods, too? 'Cos I think that'd be super...)

DPBoD2.jpg

6/24/2017 1:14:51 AM #4

Valar Dohaeris! ;)

6/24/2017 1:19:02 AM #5

Congratulations to the new moderators, Nice to see the discord chat be given more attention.

6/24/2017 1:22:44 AM #6

Welcome aboard, folks - reach out whenever you need to :)

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

6/24/2017 1:27:01 AM #7

Greetings.

I'm pleased to be part of this community. I'll help as much as I can!

Thank you for the welcome messages. ^^

6/24/2017 1:31:47 AM #8

Hey guys, glad I can assist the fantastic community we have built around this game. I can't wait to interact with all of you in our day-to-day lives. ^^

Norhurst, County of Opportunity

6/24/2017 1:44:05 AM #9

I didn't notice anything toxic.....

Probably well-thought out and debated, so I will just agree to it as we aren't really losing much.

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

6/24/2017 1:52:19 AM #10

Nice changes, really looks good for both SBS and the community support staff. Smooth transition from what I can see. Congrats to both the new and the old moderators!

6/24/2017 2:35:46 AM #11

Awesome!! Congrats mates!

6/24/2017 3:07:27 AM #12

I've never been a fan of out of house solutions for staffing. It shows a willfulness of the company to not create solutions to internal problems which in the long run can lead to quite destructive business practices.

Hopefully that doesn't happen here and congratulations on the "veterans" selection.

6/24/2017 3:08:03 AM #13

Posted By LukeSpyro at 11:44 AM - Sat Jun 24 2017

I didn't notice anything toxic.....

That's because the team to date has nipped material in the bud, and got it off the forum completely, before many would even have a chance to see it ;)

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

6/24/2017 3:54:19 AM #14

Hey you guys.

(and gals, quoters of the Goonies are all inclusive)

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

6/24/2017 4:16:28 AM #15

I love to see progress in any form. Congrats to the new moderators, quite the honor.