COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Roleplayers vs Non-Roleplayers

I have heard it stated more than once, that the general feeling of CoE is there are more non-RPers than Roleplayers within our community. I find this hard to believe considering CoE is definitely a Roleplay game. So for my own curiosity as well as others, I have established a Poll to try to get a feeling of the percentage of our population that are actually RPers.

Thanks in Advance for your participation. :)

6/24/2017 1:56:50 AM #1

I know at least from my group of friends who are all joining me that maybe 1 out of the 15 of them roleplay. I never really have but am willing to give it a try come CoE... so I'll vote Sometimes.

6/24/2017 2:01:06 AM #2

You know what's cool is the poll results seem to update in real time!

DPBoD2.jpg

6/24/2017 2:03:52 AM #3

Woof!

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss1/littleraskal2009/Untitled_2.png

6/24/2017 2:09:10 AM #4

I do not think of it as Roleplayers vs Non Roleplayers, do whatever you will have most fun with, personally I never RP-ed before joining this community , but COE will be perfect game to try it out. You will be surprised how much fun you can have.

Also my personal preference is against rigid RP rules in live game, don't think it is smart pushing any type of game style on players if they are not drawn to it.

Personally I will RP in game, assuming the identity of this creature Mythos Cardan with a goal of having fun and providing fun to those around me. I think mix of both RP and non RP will be common, it is not like two can not be mixed.

6/24/2017 2:10:59 AM #5

Great point, Mythos!

DPBoD2.jpg

6/24/2017 2:15:04 AM #6

@Mythos Cardan I agree the two can be mixed and most likely will be. But on the other hand, I have heard several state that they will not be RPing at all and intend to just play the meta. Which is fine, I just wanted to get a feeling of the interest in RP. :)

6/24/2017 2:20:52 AM #7

While It seems like non-RP outnumbers the RP, that's due to a lack of content. The only real place to RP here is the fan-fiction forum, as the inter-group conflicts feels like "fake politics" for many people. Until there is a game to be immersed in, role playing isn't very rewarding, compared to discussing game mechanics/design choices.

I predict that, once the game is playable in any form, the server-specific boards will be filled with RP, while general discussion remains OOC.

Edited for clarification.

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

6/24/2017 3:03:14 AM #8

Being a roleplayer isn't a permanent yes or no. It's a switch you turn on or off.

If everything is chill, I'll do some roleplay.

If there's pvp, roleplay ends.

6/24/2017 3:14:01 AM #9

I feel like most of the community will do some kind of RP when it feels appropriate and not so much in other circumstances. Meaning basically a wide spread of both throughout the community, as some have RP experience while most have little to none.

6/24/2017 4:02:53 AM #10

To me its about being immersed more than roleplaying. I wont be speaking in old english but i will imagine that my character looks at the world differently than I do.

6/24/2017 4:09:47 AM #11

Posted By Vucar at 8:03 PM - Fri Jun 23 2017

Being a roleplayer isn't a permanent yes or no. It's a switch you turn on or off.

If everything is chill, I'll do some roleplay.

If there's pvp, roleplay ends.

Couldn't have said it any better.

6/24/2017 4:27:44 AM #12

The only issue I see is this scinario

A hardcore Rper merchant guard ect Is talked to by a random non-Rper "adventurer". Adventurer walks in to the store The merchant says "why hello there traveler. Come to see the finest wares in all of gnashingland?" Adventurer says "hey do you know how to open the trade menu?" Or "are you a npc?" Ect Ect

Basically if a player forces another player to break immersion during their dialog either through inexperience, no sense of immersion or a desire to protect it, or just strait up being a troll. it might upset some people if it happens often enough to become annoying. Negative being why be a Rper merchant if people are not gonna take you seriously most of the time. Resulting in less rpers taking those roles and or reclusing such roles to areas in the game where the random player cannot stumble across it and appreciate it.

I'm not a Rper although I am looking forward to talking to those that do rp that take up roles such as merchants bar keepers ect which will make the world feel immersive when I interact with them in comparison to talking to a npc with infinitely stiff dialog options. I hope most people have the curtesy to take the effort to not break the immersion when another player puts in the effort to enhance the immersion and living world experience.

6/24/2017 4:57:38 AM #13

Personally I like to stick to RP most of the time, but altho I met my partner on a RPpvp server once upon a time I have never seen him RP outside of a few DnD sessions.. So I assume I will have to break my mold a bit when playing together.

6/24/2017 5:09:24 AM #14

I always found these type of things odd. Cause what makes an RPer? In most MMOs, you can pick them out cause they are normally sitting around in some inn, maybe walking around a bit. I was never really good in making up full background story about a character.

So in CoE if I'm doing some profession and basically living the character, is that RP? Or do I have to talk in some old English to be counted?

6/24/2017 5:16:49 AM #15

Simply a test comment, please disregard and move along. Much appreciation for your compliance citizen.