COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Problems with not being able to move/bind bodies

So I understand that the reason why you cannot move/bind bodies while characters are unconscious is to reduce grieving.

But lets look at some potential pros of being able to move/bind bodies...

1) Tribes with immunity to certain environmental effects (such as the Dras and toxic air) would be able to save other characters from their impending doom instead of just watching helplessly saving some game time for their friends. -note- why would a Dras recognize toxic air if their immune to it wouldn't it just be air to them?

2) Siege battles would have a way for the defenders to hold out longer if they could move the bodies of their unconscious allies to medical support for healing.

3) Deviant players would have a non-lethal option of infiltration if they could lock unconscious players inside rooms, which is countered by lock-picking skills and perhaps the strength attribute if you have an option of busting down doors.

4) From an information gathering standpoint, if you wanted to interrogate someone for information you could bind them after your well timed ambush so you and them could have that chat needed otherwise information gathering will require you to actually go there and see things yourself, at least if you interrogate them you could potentially get something useful from them either intentionally or not. Also countered by lockpicking / strength attribute since I was previously under the assumption that bonds could be broken and are not an indefinite thing.

Of course this doesn't solve the problem that if given the opportunity to those that aim to grief will do such... but not being able to do it feels like it cuts out so many story opportunities as well.

Edit #1: As Liva points out there's another older thread covering a bit of the same topic as well unconscious/dead/injured body carrying and I encourage people to read her post on this thread, #16 as she points out the importance of the differences between tribes and the ability to move/bind bodies as well as a well thought out theory craft on the bind/move mechanic IF it will exist in CoE.

UDL

6/24/2017 6:33:43 AM #1
  1. They haven't really said how characters would get treatment... When you breathe in air you can notice the quality of air to a degree, such as smog from pollution vs mountain tops.

2. I wouldn't want this as it could potentially harm me further.

3. Worst case - you trapped in a box until you permadie

4. Interrogation wasn't really a thing as they never knew what was truth vs lie. It was just straight torture tbh.

PS - Cool ideas

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

6/24/2017 8:49:07 AM #2

While saving someone from harm by untying is nice for dramatic story telling, there are too many draw backs to it:

1 ) Suffocating over and over again into permanent death being unable to move is a terrible gaming experience. Especially when there is no Dras bothering or nearby to rescue you.
Neither can you condemn players who've got no deviant untie skills to have no counter play to being ganked and then permanently killed or - even worse - knocked out by a single thief/assassin character to lose your entire life time to.

2 ) Last time we've heard about sieges, the plan was to have players being well rested after every spirit walk. Also carrying an allied character to some other place doesn't make them stay in battle for more time since the duration of the spirit walk is the determining factor here.
Medical treatment can be applied on the battlefield by having other characters shield the doctors.

3) When an assassin is infiltrating a castle with greatly secure massive locks on all doors, about everybody would be unable to get out. Breaking in metal doors locked by strength? Locked wooden doors could be too difficult for most characters already.
Furthermore, we would have griefers dragging or throwing characters into the ocean to kill permanently.

4) Why would anyone give away crucial information to you when tied up? Most of it would be VOIP talk only. So loging out would leave you with the OPC who by design cannot tell you the information only the player has got.
Also, what good is being able to break the chains when a group of interogaters has got you surrounded?

6/24/2017 9:18:25 AM #3

trapping or otherwise binding bodies just opens up the game to abuse of the system, so why let people do it in the first place unless it's to directly take a bounty to a town to answer for crimes.

but specifically to what you have said...

1) using the word "stop" would be just as effective. If they are your friends they should listen to you and if they then walk into danger, it's their own fault.

2) a defender in a siege isn't going anywhere, thats what a siege is all about. If one person drags another away it takes 2 people away from the front line instead of 1, so you wouldn't last longer, if anything you'll be defeated quicker

3) Your infiltrating, where did you get the key for every single room in a kingdom from? It'll be quicker for a player to tell someone on voice comms that they have been knocked out than it would be you to drag them to a door you can lock, lockpick it open, lockpick it closed, and escape to anotehr location

4) Whats to stop you from tying up every single person you meet regardless of if they are innocent or guilty, or have information or not. For every person who uses a system like this honestly, there will be a hundred people who use it to troll people.

6/24/2017 12:05:46 PM #4

Abuse potential for permadeath is just too high. The only system that would work and avoid that is if you need to give permission to someone to drag you via some chat command if you are familiar enough with the character to know their name.

6/24/2017 12:23:01 PM #5

Anything it adds to the story, doesn't out weight how much it can be abused. Even what you listed, there isn't more pros than cons.

1. If you could drag someone to safety. Then someone could also drag them away from any friends and just basically spawn camp them easier.

2. Personally I be more worried about losing my weapons/armour, over where my body is. That would end a fight in general a lot more, in my opinion.

3. I doubt many people will be able to get out of a locked room. How many will have the skill is something else. But how many will have the strength to bash down the door, I can't see many common people having that skill. Then they are basically stuck in there, till anyone finds them. Also it opens it up for more abuse. Knock someone out drag them to some locked room. Leave them in there till perma-death. Or the deadly put them on a boat and push them out to sea.

4. I can't see how anyone would give any information, outside of both parties doing RP. Not sure if NPCs would act differently. But even if everything you said was in affect and you grabbed me. Well besides going onto discord to tell people within my town that has happened. What can you do? Hold me there forever if I don't say anything? While an army is marching onto you. Then why would you also ever let me go? Low chance again I would have the strength or skills to escape.

6/24/2017 12:36:15 PM #6

"While you're unconscious other players can do things such as "Quick Loot" your person, bind you for capture, or tow your body around a short distance."

That eliminates your points one, two, and somewhat three if you are able to secure them in a room.

As for interrogation, I do not see even a fraction of the value that could be gained compared to the potential problems caused.

Now if there was an option of a self deathblow in order to escape and the spirit loss penalty for murder would be applied to your assailant, perhaps.

6/24/2017 2:21:13 PM #7

Posted By LukeSpyro at 8:33 PM - Fri Jun 23 2017

1. They haven't really said how characters would get treatment... When you breathe in air you can notice the quality of air to a degree, such as smog from pollution vs mountain tops.

You're right.

1. I wouldn't want this as it could potentially harm me further.

You wouldn't want your unconscious body to be dragged to the back lines to get patched up after getting incapacitated?

1. Worst case - you trapped in a box until you permadie

Possibly, but if we take into considerations of voice chats or even the chat logs in general I doubt you'd be trapped until you permadie also since while you're inside a town/city you can't starve or die of thirst so that's not a worry either...

1. Interrogation wasn't really a thing as they never knew what was truth vs lie. It was just straight torture tbh.

But they mentioned with the Dras was good at perceiving deceit so interrogation sounds like it could be a possibility.

Posted By MoonChaser at 10:49 PM - Fri Jun 23 2017

1 ) Suffocating over and over again into permanent death being unable to move is a terrible gaming experience. Especially when there is no Dras bothering or nearby to rescue you.
Neither can you condemn players who've got no deviant untie skills to have no counter play to being ganked and then permanently killed or - even worse - knocked out by a single thief/assassin character to lose your entire life time to.

Suffocating would cause you to become incapacitated where once your incapacitation was up it would lead you to a Spirit Walk not perma die as far as I presume, please correct me if i'm wrong, and when you spirit walk you revive in a safe area relatively close to your body.

[Edit: added "cause you to become incapacitated where once your incapacitation was up it would lead you to a Spirit Walk"]

2 ) Last time we've heard about sieges, the plan was to have players being well rested after every spirit walk. Also carrying an allied character to some other place doesn't make them stay in battle for more time since the duration of the spirit walk is the determining factor here.
Medical treatment can be applied on the battlefield by having other characters shield the doctors.

Again incapacitation and spirit walking are two separate things, binding and towing a body makes no sense if you caused the other player to spirit walk as when they revive they revive somewhat close to their body and not actually at their body. When your health reaches zero you are incapacitated not sent on a spirit walk, the other player will have to do a CDG in order to send you into a spirit walk so if you were able to pull a buddy out of combat while their incapacitated, you could heal them back up so they can rejoin the fight.

[Edit: Also it doesn't seem like a good idea to have your medical team on the front lines as well if you're a defender since you got areas to fall back to but if people can pull it off why not.]

3) When an assassin is infiltrating a castle with greatly secure massive locks on all doors, about everybody would be unable to get out. Breaking in metal doors locked by strength? Locked wooden doors could be too difficult for most characters already.
Furthermore, we would have griefers dragging or throwing characters into the ocean to kill permanently.

For your locked doors, we already know that people will use voice chats or even the in game chat channels so it's not unlikely for someone to say "hey i'm locked in this room come get me out" and since its in friendly territory why would they have to worry about being locked in there indefinitely? Also as we don't know how long incapacitation lasts i'm doubtful that you'd have enough time to drag an unconscious body onto a boat and then throw them into deep ocean waters. If you're already out there then you took the chance of having permadeath anyways.

4) Why would anyone give away crucial information to you when tied up? Most of it would be VOIP talk only. So loging out would leave you with the OPC who by design cannot tell you the information only the player has got.
Also, what good is being able to break the chains when a group of interogaters has got you surrounded?

Well it's either tell information or get sent on a spirit walk, why would interrogators hold a hostage indefinitely? eventually you will die of starvation or in the case of if you're in a city and their holding you there then there's only so many places they could hide till your buddies find you. As far as good of breaking chains, that'll at least give you a chance to do something rather than just waiting for whatever they decide? If anything they'll just kill you which is probably gonna be what they'd do anyways and you'd get sent on a Spirit Walk and be able to return somewhere near where you died. Posted By Nagash at 11:18 PM - Fri Jun 23 2017

trapping or otherwise binding bodies just opens up the game to abuse of the system, so why let people do it in the first place unless it's to directly take a bounty to a town to answer for crimes.

but specifically to what you have said...

1) using the word "stop" would be just as effective. If they are your friends they should listen to you and if they then walk into danger, it's their own fault.

In my example, why would the dras notice the toxic air if their immune to it? wouldn't it just be air to them? [Edit: And while I agree "stop" would be just as effective but only if you got someone able to tell this place is a danger zone. Most poisons I heard about either are subtle and creep up on you or are obvious and are near instant in their effects so kinda just depends on how the devs make it, might not even have to worry as much if it's a consistent tick on your health which is should be pretty obvious.]

2) a defender in a siege isn't going anywhere, thats what a siege is all about. If one person drags another away it takes 2 people away from the front line instead of 1, so you wouldn't last longer, if anything you'll be defeated quicker

If you left them there on the front lines it gives the attackers a chance to do a CDG on their body, if you're incapacitated you will get back up after an undetermined amount of time and also patching wounds isn't typically something you'd do on the front lines in melee combat.

3) Your infiltrating, where did you get the key for every single room in a kingdom from? It'll be quicker for a player to tell someone on voice comms that they have been knocked out than it would be you to drag them to a door you can lock, lockpick it open, lockpick it closed, and escape to anotehr location

I didn't say they'd get a key to every single room, it could be just that one room that one guy you knocked out was in at the... maybe he doesn't even have a key to the room leaving the option of locking a door not a possibility to begin with or having you have to brace it from the other side which from an infiltration standpoint wouldn't make sense. Either way, the goal is to move a body in the middle of a hallway into a room so it's not as obvious someone who isn't supposed to be there is there.

4) Whats to stop you from tying up every single person you meet regardless of if they are innocent or guilty, or have information or not. For every person who uses a system like this honestly, there will be a hundred people who use it to troll people.

Again whats to say how difficult it is to break out of binds? From what skills sound like it'll be mostly player skill based so if breaking out of bonds is a mini game I doubt binds will hold long against a conscious not incapacitated character.Posted By Gunnlang at 02:23 AM - Sat Jun 24 2017

Anything it adds to the story, doesn't out weight how much it can be abused. Even what you listed, there isn't more pros than cons.

1. If you could drag someone to safety. Then someone could also drag them away from any friends and just basically spawn camp them easier.

But when you revive after spirit walking you revive a safe distance away from your body. Spawn camping doesn't sound like it's possible with that mechanic.

1. Personally I be more worried about losing my weapons/armour, over where my body is. That would end a fight in general a lot more, in my opinion.

If you're incapacitated the most they could get is whatever you're holding at that moment in your hands and your coin purse, if they sent you on a spirit walk then they'd be able to get your weapons and armor and since when you revive after a spirit walk you revive a safe distance away from where you died then binding a dead body is pointless.

1. I doubt many people will be able to get out of a locked room. How many will have the skill is something else. But how many will have the strength to bash down the door, I can't see many common people having that skill. Then they are basically stuck in there, till anyone finds them. Also it opens it up for more abuse. Knock someone out drag them to some locked room. Leave them in there till perma-death. Or the deadly put them on a boat and push them out to sea.

What we don't know is how long incapacitation lasts, as the dev journal said that while a person is incapacitated you'd be able to do a quick loot then i'm assuming it's not that long so being able to drag someone onto a boat is unlikely. As far as being knocked out and locked into a room, if this place is inside a town/city then you can't die of starvation and voice chat/ in game chat is a thing so getting out of a locked room isn't so much a matter of skill but a matter of time.

1. I can't see how anyone would give any information, outside of both parties doing RP. Not sure if NPCs would act differently. But even if everything you said was in affect and you grabbed me. Well besides going onto discord to tell people within my town that has happened. What can you do? Hold me there forever if I don't say anything? While an army is marching onto you. Then why would you also ever let me go? Low chance again I would have the strength or skills to escape.

As far as giving information, you wont have to and i'm hoping N/OPC's work differently. Why would I hold you forever? If it's outside of town then keeping you alive is probably costing me more than just doing a CDG and inventory looting you so I wouldn't keep you.

Posted By Morholt at 02:36 AM - Sat Jun 24 2017

"While you're unconscious other players can do things such as "Quick Loot" your person, bind you for capture, or tow your body around a short distance."

That eliminates your points one, two, and somewhat three if you are able to secure them in a room.

From what I've heard the bind for capture / tow your body has been removed so again that's why i'm saying it should be in here.

As for interrogation, I do not see even a fraction of the value that could be gained compared to the potential problems caused.

To each their own, regardless of how I speak about it it's ultimately the devs choice so whatever.

Now if there was an option of a self deathblow in order to escape and the spirit loss penalty for murder would be applied to your assailant, perhaps.

That would be interesting.

UDL

6/24/2017 2:24:45 PM #8

Posted By Kaynadin at 02:05 AM - Sat Jun 24 2017

Abuse potential for permadeath is just too high. The only system that would work and avoid that is if you need to give permission to someone to drag you via some chat command if you are familiar enough with the character to know their name.

You get your own post cause you're special...

But I would disagree since we don't know how long incapacitation lasts. If it's something short like 30 seconds then I doubt someone would be able to tow you into a permadeath situation but i'd like hear some examples.

Also I don't know if you'll have access to chat channels during incapacitation since they vaguely defined it as your screen going black (don't know if that darkness includes the UI while your incapacitated but I wouldn't see why not since you can't really do anything while incapacitated.)

[Edit: You're special because your picture makes me laugh each time I see it]

UDL

6/24/2017 2:43:39 PM #9

Main thing I want to point out, binding/towing a body after you sent another character on a spirit walk would be pointless as when they revive they'd return at a safe distance from where they died as so that they wouldn't die again right afterwards and even then you wouldn't receive a spirit loss for any other deaths until about 2.5 hours I believe it was.

Edit: only reason to tow a body after you did a CDG would be to hide a body in an inconspicuous place as far as i'm thinking.

Either way, my entire premise is also kinda built on that assumption that spirit walking would be the defacto way of getting out of any binding/towing situation as when you return you'll be at a safe distance away and also that we don't know how long incapacitation would work and also we don't know how easy/difficult it is to break out of binding.

So if there's anything wrong with my premise then let me know cause that'll change my entire argument significantly.

UDL

6/24/2017 2:56:45 PM #10

Posted By Yoruninja808 at

So I understand that the reason why you cannot move/bind bodies while characters are unconscious is to reduce grieving.

But lets look at some potential pros of being able to move/bind bodies...

1) Tribes with immunity to certain environmental effects (such as the Dras and toxic air) would be able to save other characters from their impending doom instead of just watching helplessly saving some game time for their friends. -note- why would a Dras recognize toxic air if their immune to it wouldn't it just be air to them?

2) Siege battles would have a way for the defenders to hold out longer if they could move the bodies of their unconscious allies to medical support for healing.

3) Deviant players would have a non-lethal option of infiltration if they could lock unconscious players inside rooms, which is countered by lock-picking skills and perhaps the strength attribute if you have an option of busting down doors.

4) From an information gathering standpoint, if you wanted to interrogate someone for information you could bind them after your well timed ambush so you and them could have that chat needed otherwise information gathering will require you to actually go there and see things yourself, at least if you interrogate them you could potentially get something useful from them either intentionally or not. Also countered by lockpicking / strength attribute since I was previously under the assumption that bonds could be broken and are not an indefinite thing.

Of course this doesn't solve the problem that if given the opportunity to those that aim to grief will do such... but not being able to do it feels like it cuts out so many story opportunities as well.

1.) if you want a dras to save a dying person from toxic air , then just send the dras over to the body - there's absolutely NO need to drag him somewhere else as I'm sure almost everyone in the game will have the ability to "revive" an unconscious player .

2.) not sure if you've ever played a siege in any open world full loot game man , but as soon as your KOed the guy above you is gonna kill you for good to take your gear , battles will be demanding but if I knock you out you damn well know I'm gonna take your plate armor off your back before I advance to the next objective in the siege, most will loot and then kill the unconscious for good right then and there . So if you're losing people in the front lines to melee you're most likely not going to be able to revive anyone so close to the front lines, let alone slowly drag a heavy unconscious person all the way back to your medical area . It's best to just do the medical stuff where the body is and have someone shield you / watch you while you do it .

3.) there's already "non-lethal" infiltration , its built into the game with the whole "unconscious" and "spirit walk" states . If you don't want to be lethal , knock someone out --- chances are if you are raiding someone else's territory and knocking people out you will have the one guy you knocked out going STRAIGHT TO DISCORD screaming "someone just knocked me out in the villa come kill him!!" , so now that you have wasted ten extra minutes dragging this body into a room and lockpicking it , do you have any time to escape ? I wouldn't think so , so again , the best option is to knock people out and not drag them around as in a multiplayer game where everyone is connected with third party voice systems your dragging idea is counter intuitive to your want of not being caught while infiltrating .

4.) I'm sorry but gathering info in a multiplayer game from a real person can be close to impossible unless the person you are interrogating is incredibly nerdy for roleplaying . Let's put it this way , if I were to get caught by you I would let you waste your time by giving you bullshit answers , all the while I would be on discord telling my buddies to come give you the hands ... again in real life this could work, but NOT in a video game where people have third party voice chat and don't give a fuck about spirit walking just once to save vital information about their kingdom .

Also a special side note: spirit walking will definitely be camp-able . When you think about it there has to be STATIC places in which you spirit walk to so you can revive , so if all the assholes just kill you and remember exactly where the nearest ressurect spot is , then they can EASILY camp you --- so with your idea of dragging , a griefer could easily drag your unconscious body to an area In which he knows all the ressurect spots , he then kills you and quickly rides to that rez spot and BAM! He's there again as you spawn so he can knock you out again. If there's no dragging then you can at least be sure that your body will be around where you were knocked out , and you wouldn't have to worry about being dragged into some unknown territory (essential for finding ressurect spots , I'm sure there will be ways to show us where the ressurect spots are when we are dead but who wants to ressurect in unknown territory?).

6/24/2017 5:15:57 PM #11

What we don't know is how long incapacitation lasts, as the dev journal said that while a person is incapacitated you'd be able to do a quick loot then i'm assuming it's not that long so being able to drag someone onto a boat is unlikely. As far as being knocked out and locked into a room, if this place is inside a town/city then you can't die of starvation and voice chat/ in game chat is a thing so getting out of a locked room isn't so much a matter of skill but a matter of time.

Not dying would be worse to me. If you happen to put me in a locked room when no one else is online, which could happen. Or no one online is close enough. Now I'm locked in a room for possible hours, with no way to even die. No idea if the NPCs would come unlock the door or not.

As far as giving information, you wont have to and i'm hoping N/OPC's work differently. Why would I hold you forever?

The good old reason, cause you can. Not saying you personally would want to. But there are people around that sticking someone in a locked room and not letting them out, would bring them great joy. More so if I'm tied up, not sure if they could force feed me. But then last I heard you didn't need to eat heaps each day either. Dying I got no problem with. But if I'm stuck somewhere with no way out, well may as well just log at that point.

But when you revive after spirit walking you revive a safe distance away from your body. Spawn camping doesn't sound like it's possible with that mechanic.

I'm not sure if Grapefruitkush speaks the truth about there being static rez spots. But even if that isn't true. Depending how big the area to rez is. Well games with flying mounts, is pretty easy to still spawn camp someone. Makes it a ton easier if you have time to drag them someone harder to escape from. More so since they have probably lost any weapons they had on them.

Btw I'm not saying your ideas are terrible. I just see people being their normal immature selves and griefing the fuck out of people, simply cause the game lets them.

6/25/2017 9:12:34 AM #12

Posted By Yoruninja808 at 4:21 PM - Sat Jun 24 2017

Posted By MoonChaser at 10:49 PM - Fri Jun 23 2017

Suffocating would cause you to become incapacitated where once your incapacitation was up it would lead you to a Spirit Walk not perma die as far as I presume, please correct me if i'm wrong, and when you spirit walk you revive in a safe area relatively close to your body.

[Edit: added "cause you to become incapacitated where once your incapacitation was up it would lead you to a Spirit Walk"]

Suffocation hasn't been mentioned by the devs before as far as I can remember. We merely know how the current plans for how suffocation works under water as in drowning where in oceans you die permanently and other waters will allow you to spirit walk back.

However, "toxic air" could be deadly and therefore cause a spirit walk. And while you can get back to your body to a location within a few meters of it, you would still be tied up and couldn't move. Now what if the dangerous area - be it toxic or on fire - is a lot larger than a few meters by now? Dying over and over again - despite the 2.5 hour period of loosing no additional spirit - is not fun nor helpful and a big drawback imo.

Again incapacitation and spirit walking are two separate things, binding and towing a body makes no sense if you caused the other player to spirit walk as when they revive they revive somewhat close to their body and not actually at their body. When your health reaches zero you are incapacitated not sent on a spirit walk, the other player will have to do a CDG in order to send you into a spirit walk so if you were able to pull a buddy out of combat while their incapacitated, you could heal them back up so they can rejoin the fight.

[Edit: Also it doesn't seem like a good idea to have your medical team on the front lines as well if you're a defender since you got areas to fall back to but if people can pull it off why not.]

I'm very much aware that they are different. But - while we don't know for sure - I would assume that the body would still be the same and hence the binding would remain on it even after having spirit walked back. Regardless of any few meters of distance moved.
In that case tying up characters that are dealt a blow to be killed intentionally does make a big difference as described above. Not only with dangerous areas but also when around enemies.
As for medical treatment on the battlefield: I think most of the times players will follow up incapacitation with a CDG right away. The cases of merely unconscious characters should be rather low and only in areas where the enemy cannot attack well (Because if he could, he would also perform CDGs).

For your locked doors, we already know that people will use voice chats or even the in game chat channels so it's not unlikely for someone to say "hey i'm locked in this room come get me out" and since its in friendly territory why would they have to worry about being locked in there indefinitely? Also as we don't know how long incapacitation lasts i'm doubtful that you'd have enough time to drag an unconscious body onto a boat and then throw them into deep ocean waters. If you're already out there then you took the chance of having permadeath anyways.

While one could use VOIP to ask for help, people who don't use those programs would be left with asking via player chat which is a problematic:
Player chat is meant to stay separated from your character. Knowing what user name a character is connected to can have negative repercussions in ways you encounter in some MMOs on a regular basis.
Now who is to say people wouldn't lock in the deviant player when he's caught? Rescuing him could take a whole lot more effort than what his friends (if he's not a solo player) are willing or able to pull off (Some players aren't strong enough).

As for permanently dying near the ocean: There is a huge difference between risking one's character life by setting out for a journey into the unknown seas using a boat or ship, sailing away from the coasts, and merely being on land near a coast or in a city with a port.
If someone wanted to pull it off, they wouldn't only incapacitate you (because who knows if that would be long enough), but also perform a CDG which will give them a couple of minutes (last time the estimate was at 5-10 minutes) to get the body out into the ocean. Hence, just because of this possibility the ability to move the bodies in that way shouldn't be allowed for.

Well it's either tell information or get sent on a spirit walk, why would interrogators hold a hostage indefinitely? eventually you will die of starvation or in the case of if you're in a city and their holding you there then there's only so many places they could hide till your buddies find you. As far as good of breaking chains, that'll at least give you a chance to do something rather than just waiting for whatever they decide? If anything they'll just kill you which is probably gonna be what they'd do anyways and you'd get sent on a Spirit Walk and be able to return somewhere near where you died.

It's actually either tell information or loose spirit every 2.5 hours. Knowing people in MMOs there will be those guys that will hold other players indefinitely if game mechanics allow for it - even if there's no information gain.
Some players might not want to hold characters hostage for an interrogation every 2.5 hours only, but with dragging bodies being locked doors, it wouldn't be much effort to interrogate when it's convenient only and do other activities the rest of the time. Way too abusive as a system.

As for food supplies: A castle or building with locks can be anywhere outside of a town as well resulting in reoccurring incapacitations and perhaps spirit walks into permanent death.

I don't think you'll be able to escape a room with a locked door by spirit walking back a few meters away from your body, because it would be exploited despite the costs: Spies and assassins could just get into the best defended castles by killing themselves via poisons to 'spirit walk through the walls and rooms'.

As you can see a seemingly small feature can have grave influences on other features and game play.
This one in particular has been discussed before and while it would be nice if one could have it without all the negative sides to it, we unfortunately cannot. Unless, of course, someone has got a solution to all those issues.

While I could go on about your responses to other posters in this thread, I will refrain from doing so as everyone can write and speak for themselves.
This has already became somewhat long.

P.S.:
To dissolve any misinformation:
We've never heard of dedicated ressurection locations. But we do know that one will have the choice not to get back into the very same position of the body, but some distance away. I expect it to be a few meters because the Sole reason for it is to counter corpse camping.

If you could drag an incapacitated body, logic would demand the possibility to do the same to bodys whose souls are spirit walking.

Also, there won't be flying mounts. If there will be at some point in time in the future, they will be very rare and/or limited in capabilities.

6/25/2017 1:55:16 PM #13

Perhaps in order to move someone their could be a permission mechanic like: allow so an so to move you [ ] yes [ ] no, that way only those you trust can move.

Friend code: FF2B6D
6/25/2017 7:04:07 PM #14

Posted By Kaynadin at 07:05 AM - Sat Jun 24 2017

Chronicles of Elyria.... After hours~

kypiq

6/25/2017 9:52:51 PM #15

Unless you have a way to give permission for someone to move your body there is too much potential for abuse of the system. Same with the binding or locking someone somewhere. Seen it happen to often in other games.

Mayor, Settlement of Otterbear Creek, County of Sagehaven, Duchy of Mytharbor, Kingdom of Alesia. Friend Code: C3A1F2

A good commander knows when to fight, a great commander knows when not too.