COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
The Family Tree

So Im wondering if a large family is better and we should all knock out babies whenever we can. It would mean more ppl around to give us a family bonus and would also help populate towns and make them grow. Other than my RL siblings and wife the other members of my family in game would be NPCs (sorry dont want strangers legally breaking into my home or giving us a bad reputation) So is there any bad side to having a large npc family? Are other people planning to have large or small families?

Everyone wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what beasts do.

6/24/2017 8:38:32 PM #1

You would require far more funding for multiple children. Currently each child must have a dedicated room, and a parcel of starter supplies. If you have 50 kids sure you have a lot of people backing you up however you also need a small fortune to produce that many.

Also to note unless you are married you will likely have to pay for a child contract with someone. PC or NPC so something else to consider.

6/24/2017 8:43:21 PM #2

Assuming when they grow up and get jobs and help produce that wealth I think the family could help support itself growing for awhile. Ill be married to my wife in game so that shouldnt be a problem.

Another pro is more options of who to pick to take over as once I die

6/24/2017 8:43:53 PM #3

The initial bad side to having a large npc family might be inheritance laws. I would say that one stands out clearly as the biggest potential issue with having a large family.

If we can use the npc's of our family as workers, then I would use as many of them as possible as cheap labor.

There will be more details to come though that could lead to more negatives and positives being realized. Perhaps having more of your bloodline get accepted into some Noble's armed forces would mean that your family bloodline as a whole gains more reputation in that domain.

Perhaps with more children you can send one as an emissary to someone else that you wish to have business with but perhaps that child doesn't have the proper stats to have a good conversation with said person so the meeting actually goes bad and thus you don't gain any business from them. With less children, you might have went and did that yourself and found success.

It's too early to tell but I myself am leaning towards creating a large locked bloodline. Eventually there will be other players that I might trust to join the family and further spread it's name. That is the hopeful side of me.

6/24/2017 8:45:24 PM #4

Posted By Malais at 1:38 PM - Sat Jun 24 2017

You would require far more funding for multiple children. Currently each child must have a dedicated room, and a parcel of starter supplies. If you have 50 kids sure you have a lot of people backing you up however you also need a small fortune to produce that many.

Also to note unless you are married you will likely have to pay for a child contract with someone. PC or NPC so something else to consider.

For someone going into business such as a Rancher/Farmer, they might find that all the work that goes with it more than pays for whatever additions they have to make on their Family House, you think?

6/24/2017 8:50:26 PM #5

First of all, you need a room available in the lot that you own to have a child. So you would need a lot of money beforehand to have that many children.

Running the Elyrian PC Assistance Program! (https://discord.gg/4UepZJZ)

6/24/2017 9:00:12 PM #6

The same room could be used multiple times as kids grow older and move out. Also, they better be able to earn their keep and pay for those extra rooms with their labor.

6/24/2017 9:18:31 PM #7

Posted By 1mmaculateDeception at 4:00 PM - Sat Jun 24 2017

The same room could be used multiple times as kids grow older and move out. Also, they better be able to earn their keep and pay for those extra rooms with their labor.

XD Thanks for the idea! I'm gonna tell my kids that they'd better start earning their keep and paying for those rooms we're kind enough to let them sleep in. The looks on their faces is gonna be priceless.

6/24/2017 10:30:37 PM #8

Posted By Dreissea at 2:18 PM - Sat Jun 24 2017

Posted By 1mmaculateDeception at 4:00 PM - Sat Jun 24 2017

XD Thanks for the idea! I'm gonna tell my kids that they'd better start earning their keep and paying for those rooms we're kind enough to let them sleep in. The looks on their faces is gonna be priceless.

At least give them some extra chores or something. Tell them you are simply practicing for an upcoming game that you have invested money into. That ought to go well.....

6/25/2017 12:04:36 AM #9

Greetings :)

I moved this thread to Families and Noble houses because it fits better in this section and you're discussing interesting stuff that people might want to look for around here, so more people will reach it if they're interested in future.

Have a good day.

6/25/2017 2:21:06 AM #10

Posted By Elbereth at 7:04 PM - Sat Jun 24 2017

Greetings :)

I moved this thread to Families and Noble houses because it fits better in this section and you're discussing interesting stuff that people might want to look for around here, so more people will reach it if they're interested in future.

Have a good day.

That's fine. I figured Families and Noble houses was mainly for nobles for RP threads or recruiting to their family kind of thread.