COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
annoying maths

Got bored and a question was raised: how many skyrims are in elyria?

If we look at skyrim with a estimate of 2.10 IRL hours from one corner to the other, and with the mention of the same journey within Elyria (to my knowledge) would take 42 IRL hours. From my maths (which could easily be wrong (at least show proof) then you are looking at about 20 skyrims across! if we then square it, looking at a 20x20 we have a total of 400 Skyrim box.

Oh its not over yet, by using a quick google, skyrim is estimated to be 14.8 squ miles, if we times that by 20 to get a across distance, we get 296 squ miles (again across section(one side to the other) then if we times that by 20 again we get a land mass 5920 squ miles, and just to see if correct if we times the original skyrim (14.8) by 400 then we get the same 5920 squ miles. Now if we convert that to acres (for the acres nuts :P ) we would have about 3788800 acres

Now ain't that Neet

But im not a math wizard, so if anyone wants a gander at this. Feel Free

6/25/2017 12:51:35 AM #1

The starting continent is 128000m x 256000m

A parcel is 64m x 64m 6 kingdoms 12 duchies in a kingdom 24 counties in a duchy

How many parcels?

Referral Code: 2813AC

6/25/2017 1:01:10 AM #2

Posted By LordIsi at 01:51 AM - Sun Jun 25 2017

The starting continent is 128000m x 256000m

A parcel is 64m x 64m 6 kingdoms 12 duchies in a kingdom 24 counties in a duchy

How many parcels?

Again i ain't a math wizard, but i'll give a go:

if we square of the 128000m x 256000m we get 32768000000m square then using the parcels 64x64, we then learn a parcel has a square of 4096m, using simple division 32768000000m / 4096m, we get the lovely answer of 8000000 parcels in the starting continent

we then do a divide down with each kingdom holding about 1333333 each and then that down to duchies holding 111111 parcels, we get how many parcels.

6/25/2017 1:04:12 AM #3

K

Referral Code: 2813AC

6/25/2017 3:14:11 AM #4

I remember someone saying somewhere that it would be the size of Vermont.....

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

6/25/2017 5:27:44 AM #5

Did you really walk from one corner of skyrim to the other, to get that number?

But they said it would take 48 hours to walk across Elyria if the world was flat. So no real way to know how long it would take with rivers/mountains etc in the way. Also that number doesn't include the need to stop to rest or anything else, just flat walking.

6/25/2017 5:44:41 AM #6

As said, Elyria's not fla and it'll take 2 full days to cross if it was! A county has been estimated to be approximately double the size of the Skyrim maps, but Skyrim is a lot denser than CoE will be, I'd wager.

In any case, the maps are YUGE and promise lots of good times.

Also, if all the domains start exactly the same size, you are correct from the get-go. However, I would input a margin of error to you maths, mostly because not all the domains will be the same in either size or riches (as it were), since domains are supposed to breakdown starting borders by using natural land and water forms. That is to say, rivers lakes and natural biome transitions will mark borders for starting maps. Thus, the domains won't be of even size, and may be smaller where higher numbers of resources lie.

Basically - as a rough example - a Yoru Count on the tundras will have more land space (more plots), but less value per lot (overall) than a Kypiq or Janoan count of the same level, who will have an abundance of various resources, but potentially less overall land.

We will also be splitting and re-arranging borders all over as we pick our domains, so those borders will do a LOT of morphing based on how we player play KoE and MUD.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

6/25/2017 5:50:43 AM #7

Posted By LorenzW at 10:44 PM - Sat Jun 24 2017

>Elyria's not flat

I'm anxious to prove that in either direction.

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

6/25/2017 7:29:29 AM #8

Posted By Corin at 10:50 PM - Sat Jun 24 2017

>Elyria's not flat

Elyrian Flat Earth Society......... XD

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

6/25/2017 9:55:28 AM #9

Posted By LorenzW at 03:29 AM - Sun Jun 25 2017

Posted By Corin at 10:50 PM - Sat Jun 24 2017

>Elyria's not flat

Elyrian Flat Earth Society......... XD

Flat Elysian Society covered in the thread "Ongoing Lie"

As for everyone else - Since Elyria will have a dig/tunnel feature Skyrim does not, we can assume that at any given moment there will be at least 1 subterrainian plane in play and thus double any size number for Elyria making it even larger compared to Skyrim.

6/25/2017 10:08:02 AM #10

Posted By Gunnlang at 06:27 AM - Sun Jun 25 2017

Did you really walk from one corner of skyrim to the other, to get that number?

But they said it would take 48 hours to walk across Elyria if the world was flat. So no real way to know how long it would take with rivers/mountains etc in the way. Also that number doesn't include the need to stop to rest or anything else, just flat walking.

I personally did not walk skyrim, as I am not a big fan of the game. but using a quick google of "walk one corner to another skyrim" the first result showed 2.10 hours. But i will admit i may have gotta the 42/48 hours wrong, but hey at least i didn't over estimate XD

6/25/2017 12:26:13 PM #11

Posted By LorenzW at 06:44 AM - Sun Jun 25 2017

As said, Elyria's not fla and it'll take 2 full days to cross if it was! A county has been estimated to be approximately double the size of the Skyrim maps, but Skyrim is a lot denser than CoE will be, I'd wager.

In any case, the maps are YUGE and promise lots of good times.

Also, if all the domains start exactly the same size, you are correct from the get-go. However, I would input a margin of error to you maths, mostly because not all the domains will be the same in either size or riches (as it were), since domains are supposed to breakdown starting borders by using natural land and water forms. That is to say, rivers lakes and natural biome transitions will mark borders for starting maps. Thus, the domains won't be of even size, and may be smaller where higher numbers of resources lie.

Basically - as a rough example - a Yoru Count on the tundras will have more land space (more plots), but less value per lot (overall) than a Kypiq or Janoan count of the same level, who will have an abundance of various resources, but potentially less overall land.

We will also be splitting and re-arranging borders all over as we pick our domains, so those borders will do a LOT of morphing based on how we player play KoE and MUD.

most definitely, I only portrayed what the area size would be, (mind you i forgot its 48 not 42 hours) but with any land they is obstacles and inaccessible areas, but the maths is to count how many skyrims are in a elyria, and what i should say is atleast 400 :D

and with the domain, that is the maths for a near even split, but with mud and other early management, those borders will shrink and grow, but intill those are released we have no idea of how accurate it will be the starting borders could be.

6/26/2017 7:41:33 PM #12

You should also consider a possible difference in walking speed between Skyrim and Elyria. Have to admit I never played Skyrim or any Elder Scrolls for that matter, but I would assume that you have seriously high stamina, meaning you can sprint faster and/or longer there than you could in Elyria without having some sort of aid.