COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Domain Selection, Quick Survey

A quick 1-2 minute survey.

This is not your typical “which is your favorite tribe” survey, but rather digging a little deeper into what drives us each to make the decision we will make during land selection. Take 1-2 minutes and answer some short questions, I will keep the Survey open for one month from today, then share the results shortly after.

Feel free to share with your communities, Kingdoms, Duchies, Counties, etc.

As a note for Kings or Dukes reading this. I will not be publically publishing Duchy or Kingdom specific breakdowns of the data. Nor will I analyze Kingdom or Duchy specific data as a subset without your request, that is way too much work for anyone without there being a desire for it.

However, I will be more than happy to do specific Duchy or Kingdom breakdown for any of you that may be interested in the specifics of those in your domain.

Think of the Domain Affiliation portion as demographic questions basic to any survey. It is utilized to check for sampling demographics.

If you are uncomfortable sharing your Kingdom or Duchy affiliation, you are welcome to select Undecided. This will skew the result as far as demographics go, and will disallow analysis for your leaders if they desire, but it is an option if you feel my intentions are untoward.

All Kingdom and Duchy affiliation information will remain anonymous and confidential.

6/25/2017 3:05:32 AM #1

Very well put together

Count Zachariah Ardent of Vigil

Founder of the Plague Doctors Without Borders
6/25/2017 3:09:51 AM #2

I hope you post the overall results. It looks like that would be pretty interesting to know.

Mayor of the City of Widow's Reach, Thane of Clan Hammerbull

6/25/2017 3:12:35 AM #3

I will run some analysis and post results publically once the entire thing is done. The current plan is to keep the survey open until late July, or until we know more about the State of Elyria from Caspian.

6/25/2017 3:20:45 AM #4

6/25/2017 3:23:50 AM #5

Nicely done! Submitted mine... Look forward to your results =D

6/25/2017 3:44:20 AM #6

I would try to omit the data relating to kingdom/duchy loyalty for those who are currently unaffiliated.

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

6/25/2017 3:46:48 AM #7

Answered just now, can't wait to see the results. ^^

Norhurst, County of Opportunity

6/25/2017 3:47:43 AM #8

As a note for Kings or Dukes reading this. I will not be publically publishing Duchy or Kingdom specific breakdowns of the data. However, I will be more than happy to do specific Duchy or Kingdom breakdown for any of you that may be interested in the specifics of those in your domain.

Think of the Domain Affiliation portion as demographic questions basic to any survey. It is utilized to check for sampling demographics.

6/25/2017 3:51:44 AM #9

Posted By Corin at 9:44 PM - Sat Jun 24 2017

I would try to omit the data relating to kingdom/duchy loyalty for those who are currently unaffiliated.

The display logic in the Survey hides questions unless the answers are specific to your current server or domain plans. If you answer Undecided OR Other it then gives a prompt to type in further data for the next step down of domain.

If you select Oceanus as your server but are undecided about the Kingdom, there is then a prompt to type in a potential Duchy. This allows for complete information, there are some people that belong to unaffiliated Duchies.

6/25/2017 3:57:04 AM #10

Posted By Karmine at 8:51 PM - Sat Jun 24 2017

The display logic in the Survey hides questions unless the answers are specific to your current server or domain plans. If you answer Undecided OR Other it then gives a prompt to type in further data for the next step down of domain.

If you select Oceanus as your server but are undecided about the Kingdom, there is then a prompt to type in a potential Duchy. This allows for complete information, there are some people that belong to unaffiliated Duchies.

You put a non-insignificant amount of effort into this, nice work.

Edit: I'm not trying to be passive aggressive, but I'm sorry if it sounded insincere.

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

6/25/2017 4:16:25 AM #11

I said I would take this discussion to the forums and I have:

TLDR: I know what I could do with the information being provided in this survey with it being broken down by Kingdom and Duchy. While I believe the large data in this survey would be useful for SBS to see the interests of those participating as well as their mind set on how they will go about domain selection, I do not see the data being broken down by Kingdom or Duchy as pertinent information for the creators of this survey to have. If it were SBS creating the survey it would be a different story.

Karmine has assured me that this breakdown is only so he can provide the service of kingdom and duchy demographics to those Kingdoms and Duchies who ask for it. However, My suggestion for those Kingdoms and Duchies who can create these metrics for yourselves would be to promote this survey to your people as it does contain valid feedback for the studio, however just have your communities select undecided or other for Kingdom and Duchy choice. This will get the pertinent big data information for each server collected and be readily available if the Studio desires to see it, but reduces any risk of your community's demographic data being given to an individual unaffiliated to the studio and therefore subject to bias, pressure, and the like.

Having said my 2 cents on my concerns. Great survey on the meta data, big data pieces for the servers. I have encouraged my community to participate while keeping their affiliations anon, so as to give valid big data but not have our demographics in the hands of someone who could eventually use them to further personal goals or accidentally release information to someone who can use it to further their personal goals.

Great work!

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

6/25/2017 4:36:07 AM #12

Isn't it a bit early to release this survey? Not all of the Tribe write-ups have been released and having those absent may skew the results. I approve of the effort, but I think it should have been postponed until after the community had seen all of the Tribes.

NA-West Barony Corvoviste | Founder of the Farstriders | FC: DAF200

6/25/2017 4:50:48 AM #13

Posted By Rhonynn Farstrider at 10:36 PM - Sat Jun 24 2017

Isn't it a bit early to release this survey? Not all of the Tribe write-ups have been released and having those absent may skew the results. I approve of the effort, but I think it should have been postponed until after the community had seen all of the Tribes.

Understandable thought, though the point of the survey is less about the tribes and more about what drives our desires for domaim selection.

The only questiom about the tribes was added mostly because, well obviouslt everyone wants to know. Though the greater majority of the data will have negligible, if any skew from the tribal informatiom release.

6/25/2017 6:20:46 AM #14

Great idea, nicely done.

p.s. You spelt Tryggr wrong 😉

6/25/2017 6:33:35 AM #15

I didn't know someone took a kingdom spot and called it Tyggr, I have heard of Tryggr though, Didn't see it on the list, so I put it as Other

KS Backer #44