COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
Wards age

Quick question I know wards can start at a younger age than normal caracters but can they start as 15 or 18 years old like normal caracters?

6/26/2017 8:22:55 AM #1

Maybe if you take over an NTC child of that age with no family then I guess you could call yourself a ward but I don't think so, could be wrong though.

UDL

6/26/2017 8:37:35 AM #2

Wards start at a younger age than other characters in order to give the player the maximum options for customisation as Ward of the State is a character type aimed towards players who value customisation over the advantages of a family or bloodline.

The reason for starting at a young age largely has to do with skill customisation. As a Ward, players have "an additional twelve days of adolescence in which they can further customize their character's skills and abilities".

As such, Wards will always start at 12 rather than the usual age of 15. For more information, be sure to read the dev journal on families & family selection.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

6/26/2017 11:13:40 AM #3

Since the length of the year is now seven days rather than twelve, you actually will have an additional 21 days of adolescence. I'm pretty sure wards will be able to fight, but not be able to coup de grace or be coup de graced until after they turn 15.

Shieldwall Strong!