COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
Musicians of Elyria

I am new to this game and from what I have seen of it, the concept surprises me. A project this giant is going to happen and coming from someone who usually never plays MMOs (was not able to find friends to play with on MMOs), I am super excited for this. I hope when I build my first computer (venturing into the computer building since I will be entering post-secondary schooling soon), I can count on this to be one I will purchase. But I do have some questions of my own as far as music goes.

So as a bard role, you can choose music as a role. I have to ask: will original music you create be able to be made in game, or even sheet music transcribed (I am a musician in real life) so other players may use it? I know that there's a minigame, but i am hoping that it is more than just the music class in Rockstar's Bully button pressing. I also would like to see a concert halls added to the game where one might perform in exchange for currency, and is based on actual how well you are as a performer. Also writing songs like Mozart might have for kings and queens to add originality to every kingdom. I know music can be such a broad field in this game and I really am looking forward to what Soulbound do with this even if it is not my suggestions. I am really looking forward to this project and will be glad to wait however long until release knowing it will be a finished product. Games, I see, now are a form of art in general. Ranging from sports, board games, to virtual worlds, the possibilities are endless. Good luck, Soulbound.

-Mike R.

7/12/2017 9:51:00 AM #1

Good to see more fellow musicians finding this game! As you can see from my signature, I run EU Musician's Guild. I have therefore been following closely how the team will be treating music in this game. I've heard tell that it'll be guitar hero, button pushy type thing to actually play music. However, we do know that they're lookign at a way for us to import or add our own compositions into the game. As this is one of the skill that will not be in the Prologue (at, least I heard), this will likely be near the end of their todo list. That means it could be a while before we start hearing how this system and music in general will be implemented int he game. Everything we do know currently is on the wiki page for music.

Hope that helps! :)

7/12/2017 4:32:08 PM #2

Thank you very much. I really would love to see a strong area in just about everything. I think from what I've read and seen, Jeromy Walsh and the Soulbound are all equally and amazingly talented and will prosper at making this game.