COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Powerful Women: Lady Gamers of Elyria

Dear Constant Readers,

While there’s no doubt that all the people of Elyria are fascinating and talented, I find myself enchanted by the exploits of the awesome women behind the screen investing their time in Chronicles of Elyria.

So – with the help of the VMI – I hope to bring you a running column that gives you a peek into the powerful women gamers of Elyria you’re most interested in.

But I can’t do it without you! I want to know which female gamers in the Elyrian community you want to know better. I can’t guarantee they’ll all agree to interviews, but I will try to get them to share a little piece of themselves with you. Nominate the women you’d like to see interviewed in the comments below.

And, as always fellow Elyrians, if you can’t be good, be good at it.

Victoria M. Xildithas

7/15/2017 9:45:31 PM #16

Neat

7/15/2017 10:07:35 PM #17

One of the things I hope to glean from these features on strong women players in CoE are their various takes on the seeming adoption of gendered roles—namely regarding an observation I've made, seeing male title holders who hold out for female suitors AND vice versa.

Rather than accepting marriage as gaming mechanic to min-max, players male and female alike seem to tack on the sex of the player as important to their decision for an ingame partner.

I may just be imagining things, but I'd love to see if some of these written features could investigate!

7/15/2017 10:11:03 PM #18

Thank you all again for so many wonderful nominations. I've also received quite a few on Twitter and in my DMs. Many people have repeated a few key nominees, and I've reached out to a few of them.

I am happy to announce that GAMMEA has been the first to respond and accept the invitation for the interview, and so she will be our first featured lady.

But WORRY NOT! I will continue to reach out to our other nominees and schedule interviews with them as time allows.

Also: Vaku: Thank you so much for the suggestion. I'll do my best to work that into the conversation.

And if others have things they're curious about, please feel free to share them here!

7/16/2017 12:57:03 AM #19

The question is, who is going to interview you? By doing this, you have put yourself on this list and in my eyes, a valued CoE girl gamer!

7/16/2017 3:51:02 AM #20

How did this thread make it to page 2 without a nomination for victoria rachel?

7/16/2017 4:33:29 AM #21

Posted By Vucar at 11:51 PM - Sat Jul 15 2017

Apparently there are an abundance of good suggestions. Which is a good thing!

7/16/2017 4:40:01 AM #22

Posted By RagnarokEU at 8:57 PM - Sat Jul 15 2017

The question is, who is going to interview you? By doing this, you have put yourself on this list and in my eyes, a valued CoE girl gamer!

That's awfully sweet of you, but I have to say I think every one of the ladies already nominated has lot more experience/impact under her belt.

That having been said, perhaps I'll consider such a feature (and take nominations for who should do the interview) when I reach some Twitter milestone or other....

WDYT?

7/16/2017 7:29:54 AM #23

Posted By Vucar at 05:51 AM - Sun Jul 16 2017

I nominated her by DM on Twitter =] In fact, i didn't know if you only could nominate one, so I nominated: Vye, Scarlett & Caeoltori from sbs and VictoriaRachel, Hellmoon & Wogawoman from the community.

PS, you should make an interview for yourself or we can do for you!

7/16/2017 2:41:57 PM #24

Posted By Gammea at 12:29 AM - Sun Jul 16 2017

Posted By Vucar at 05:51 AM - Sun Jul 16 2017

I nominated her by DM on Twitter =]

Classy gamms, very classy.

7/16/2017 7:28:03 PM #25

Thnx guys 🤗 @Rag, @Muhrder, @Darhk

7/16/2017 7:55:48 PM #26

I nominate Luella Varis, who will be playing the Duchess-consort of Valycia, wife to Duke Artorius Estathis (myself).

NA-W "Angelica"

7/17/2017 7:06:18 PM #27

If it wouldn't look mental, I would love to see you interview you...

Maybe I need to find someone to interview you.

7/18/2017 12:18:43 AM #28

Posted By Brynath at 3:06 PM - Mon Jul 17 2017

If it wouldn't look mental, I would love to see you interview you...

Maybe I need to find someone to interview you.

At the very least it would be pushing my role-playing abilities....haha.

I'm happy to consider a good interviewer :-)

7/22/2017 7:11:13 AM #29

I would like to make 2 nominations.

Rheika Hart is the leader of Helgrim Enterprises and holds numerous other positions with the Duchy of Zylphania, and the Kingdom of Vornair. She is the epitome of class, and Vornair would be a darker place without her.

Alifa Marimbe is an Initiator for Helgrim Enterprises, and an Officer in our illustrious Seeker Division. She greets the guild every single morning with a smile and a cheery hello. There are many stars within the ranks of Helgrim, but hers always seems to shine the brightest.

9/7/2017 7:09:13 PM #30

My Dearest Constant Readers!

My apologies for having taken so long to get these interviews to you, and my assurances that I haven't forgotten you - or your stunning nominations.

I do even have a back-log of a few fabulous interviews to share with you. In between now and then, the printing presses have been completely re-vamped, I've fought off the plague, and made hurricane preparations.

But the presses are running, I'm feeling better, and before hell and high water get here, I'm going to make sure you get not ONE, but TWO awesome Lady Gamer Interviews this week, in a sexy double feature!

First up today: My very first interview with Gammea.

And tomorrow: A super-special surprise interview that you do NOT want to miss.

Check out Gammea's interview here