COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Confusion about playing with your friends

Hey community, me and my fiance are considering upgrading to the Bloodline package and getting into exposition, which we find very very interesting, but we are a bit confused about how we'll be able to play together. Would someone be so kind and help us decide which option would be the most suitable for us and if it's worth upgrading? ^-^

Now that the playable tribes are out we have a little bit different ideas of which tribe to choose, he is thinking of going Waerd and I really like the idea of Janoa, but those are not completely set in stone yet.. If I understood right the family code will put us in the same tribe (use same genetic line etc, also guessing that will lock us out from marrying each other lol..) and well, we don't want to use the child code option. Would we have to create our characters from orphanages? If we both have the Bloodline package, do we create our own characters+families and then find each other in-game later? We might also have couple of our friends joining us later when the game is live. :)

Edit: typo

"Give it a try", whispered the heart. || Adventuring on EU

7/18/2017 8:07:17 AM #1

You could try to find an existing family, take over a character that has a wife/husband and then chare that code to the fiance. Inbreeding is a thing but mjeah..

Really doubt there will be a Waerd, Janoa couple ready to take over tho.. as Waerd do not mingle with other tribes and do not even speak with Janoas.

So most likely you will have to start as same or even friendly tribes to have an easier time. Orphanages do not hold children from tribes not belonging to the kingdom, and you will have a long way to walk before you find eash other if you start in far off tribes. No maps, plenty of predators, starvation, burning sun, freezing nights, hostile guards...

With Bloodline packages you get to rename the first family you join but if you marry you'll waste one of the surenames. Still, small price to pay to get in on the action a bit faster.

7/18/2017 8:26:30 AM #2

Your other option is to find a family/npc in your wanted tribes close to each other and start there. Then you can try to meet up.

This will involve alot of hard work but it would allow you to marry and breed. Each time one of you would have to spawn outside of the family group to stop in breeding.

You could also join a community that wants to look into bringing families of all the tribea together.

Remember though once you take the tribe out of the community it starts to lose the community bonuses

7/18/2017 9:19:30 AM #3

Posted By Fenrer at 11:07 AM - Tue Jul 18 2017

You could try to find an existing family, take over a character that has a wife/husband and then chare that code to the fiance. Inbreeding is a thing but mjeah..

It's a thing? Oh god, the horror..

We like survival games but if it takes a LOOOOONG time to find each other then it's not worth it to make characters in different tribes, imo.

I could go Waerd (I meant to say the tribe choices are not set in stone) but I'd be a very cautious Waerd and suspicious of others, I like my shiny things. :')

With Bloodline packages you get to rename the first family you join but if you marry you'll waste one of the surenames. Still, small price to pay to get in on the action a bit faster.

Thanks, I was wondering how that would work. One family name disappears but the wealth merges yeah?

Posted By DavanOrdanska at 11:26 AM - Tue Jul 18 2017

Your other option is to find a family/npc in your wanted tribes close to each other and start there. Then you can try to meet up.

This will involve alot of hard work but it would allow you to marry and breed. Each time one of you would have to spawn outside of the family group to stop in breeding.

You could also join a community that wants to look into bringing families of all the tribea together.

Remember though once you take the tribe out of the community it starts to lose the community bonuses

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that! This game will be so complex but I love it.

"Give it a try", whispered the heart. || Adventuring on EU

7/18/2017 2:48:22 PM #4

Im having a similar problem. Im trying to figure out how me, my wife, and my siblings can all be in the same family. Some of what they are doing is really cool, but other things make it kind of complicated to start off together. and none of us wants to be stuck traveling the world alone to meet up and die a few times along the way

Everyone wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what beasts do.

7/18/2017 3:45:55 PM #5

Posted By Lumifer at 02:19 AM - Tue Jul 18 2017

It's a thing? Oh god, the horror..

We like survival games but if it takes a LOOOOONG time to find each other then it's not worth it to make characters in different tribes, imo.

I could go Waerd (I meant to say the tribe choices are not set in stone) but I'd be a very cautious Waerd and suspicious of others, I like my shiny things. :')

Thanks, I was wondering how that would work. One family name disappears but the wealth merges yeah?

Posted By DavanOrdanska at 11:26 AM - Tue Jul 18 2017

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that! This game will be so complex but I love it.

I'm sure lots of the kingdoms will sponsor caravans and such to get people where they want to be at the start of the game, so you might be able to get help with getting together.

Marrying I think you choose which surname you take through the marriage contract so you could keep separate surnames (iirc) if you want. Also starting as bloodline means an established family with brothers and sisters, cousins and nephews etc, so you could still nurture your own dynasty if you want even if you do marry into another name with your first character. You could run an alt or just keep close with the npcs and help them succeed so that you can always spawn as one of the people in your own original bloodline if you choose.

7/18/2017 6:28:07 PM #6

My and I both purchased I believe the old Ursaphant tier which included bloodline. We want to play together hopefully has brudvir but if not I have already told her I will make the journey to find her once we figure out where we are at.

7/18/2017 6:39:36 PM #7

Another option is to find your preferred Tribe within your Fiance's Tribal Biome or vice versa. Biomes are Not tribe exclusive and they will have other tribes as well as the majority tribe and if you are lucky you might find one in the same town. Just Court and Marry. As for your friends they will more than likely have to start off as children of yours if you want them to be in the same family (or if you assumed a married couple, one of the children of theirs). Or they can go through the same process, either find a tribal preference in the biome or start as orphans.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the