COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Nominations] Beasts of Elyria!

Hello Elyrians!

At the moment, I'm writing an article for the upcoming issue of The Herald Review, but I need a bit of your input!

SBS has shown us that Elyria is home to some fantastical animals, ranging from the extinct real world animals like the Dryas Elk (mirroring the Irish Elk), normal animals with interesting adaptations like the Domino Fox, and chimera-esque creations like the Pteroguin.

There's a lot of freedom in what constitute's Elyria's biodiversity and I'd like to know what you want to see roaming the world! So please, Elyrians, post your nominations!

Ideas that are interesting or receive good feedback will be added to a poll opening on July 27th!

~

Best Wishes & Kind Regards To All Who Traverse Elyria,

Ninian Adaline Lune'Ciel

7/20/2017 5:53:09 PM #31

This is a chimera of a jungle cat and a flying lemur.

It is around the same size as a fox, and feeds on rodents, melon-turtle hatch-lings, birds etc. They have skin flaps between their limbs, and uses it to glide through the canopies of their tropical forest habitat; they live mostly in the tree tops and are only found on the ground when ambushing prey and birthing. They make burrows under the roots of old trees to have their litter, which usually ranges from 2-6 kittens. Kittens are born blind, deaf and unable to walk; once the kittens are able to walk, see and hear the mother moves them out of the burrow and into the canopies.

7/20/2017 8:13:05 PM #32

Flying Sabersquirrel. The Ideal Kipiq Mount that can glide and eat Kipiq at the same time, they are omnivores, that can eat humanoids even if they usually do not. (kinda Sabertooth Sugar Glider)

7/21/2017 11:48:46 AM #33

An ottercat. It's like a cat but more streamlined and with otter fur. This makes it agile on land and also a decent swimmer an diver. It lives in the swamps where it hunts on frogs, lizards and other small who lives in and close to the water. It also has large eyes to see well in dim light with 2 sets of eyelids with one of them being transparant to protect his eyes from the murky swampwater.

7/21/2017 12:59:08 PM #34

Here is a whole list of creatures I made up that I think would make awesome additions to Elyria!

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/13202/seliques-creature-suggestion-thread#post138367

7/21/2017 4:04:46 PM #35

Posted By En at

Hello Elyrians!

At the moment, I'm writing an article for the upcoming issue of The Herald Review, but I need a bit of your input!

SBS has shown us that Elyria is home to some fantastical animals, ranging from the extinct real world animals like the Dryas Elk (mirroring the Irish Elk), normal animals with interesting adaptations like the Domino Fox, and chimera-esque creations like the Pteroguin.

There's a lot of freedom in what constitute's Elyria's biodiversity and I'd like to know what you want to see roaming the world! So please, Elyrians, post your nominations!

Ideas that are interesting or receive good feedback will be added to a poll opening on July 27th!

~

Ninian Adaline Lune'Ciel

I hope spiders are limited even in games they give me actual nightmares

Ser Aeson Holf - Duke of Cereus, Duke-Consort of Fioralba

"For every nobleman that doesn't believe in min-maxing, there's a future nobleman underneath them that does."

7/21/2017 10:31:23 PM #36

Posted By Togesi at 12:04 PM - Fri Jul 21 2017

Posted By En at

Hello Elyrians!

~

Ninian Adaline Lune'Ciel

I hope spiders are limited even in games they give me actual nightmares

Caspian: You know what this game is missing? Aragog

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

7/21/2017 10:49:21 PM #37

Posted By Vigorish at 12:44 PM - Wed Jul 19 2017

Red Pandas FTW!!!

Eyyy.

\[T]/

7/21/2017 11:13:17 PM #38

Posted By Trulhammaren at 12:13 PM - Thu Jul 20 2017

Giant Tardigrades!!!!!

Also racing snails, for reasons.

That would be cool

7/21/2017 11:15:12 PM #39

Spidervye

Caspik

7/22/2017 1:28:52 AM #40

Meowls!!!!!! I really want them! :P

7/22/2017 3:48:47 AM #41

They need to come up with a Pegasus. Give me that, and I will have no complaints. Allow me to travel forth to the God's of Elryia !

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

7/22/2017 7:32:20 AM #42

Posted By Chroniclesofalias at 6:15 PM - Fri Jul 21 2017

Spidervye

Caspik

Dolphzou? Soulphin? Hmm... that one actually doesn't sound too bad... maybe an eventual tribal mount for the Mydarri? ^.^ 🐬

But yeah, definitely Vyeders need to be a thing. :D

7/22/2017 1:48:03 PM #43

Idea for a creature I was throwing around in my head. To be fair, I have no name or drawing, But I have a concept.

A fuzzy frog, Instead of being carnivores, The evolved to be herbivores. The reason being is because they have a shorter tadpole stage then your standard frog, Never quite allowing them to leave the herbivore stage. The reason they have shorter tadpole stages is because of the short summers up north. Hence why the have fur.

You can often find dens of around 30-50 of them. However in areas with more vegetation (Such as a farm) they can reach dens of up to 100 this can cause them to become a pest to some farmers.

During the warmer seasons when plants start flourishing a little more they leave the dens and spread out, Eating all they can. When it comes time to hibernate again they gather by whomever eats the most, The reason behind this is due to a chemical they release while their stomach is breaking down plant matter, Which takes quite a long time to happen in order to sustain them over winter.

(Just a concept I threw together in like a hour)

7/22/2017 3:19:26 PM #44

Posted By Hermes_Kriophoros at 8:48 PM - Fri Jul 21 2017

They need to come up with a Pegasus. Give me that, and I will have no complaints. Allow me to travel forth to the God's of Elryia !

Yes pls.

7/22/2017 6:13:29 PM #45

Give life to the Tasmanian Tiger. They may or may not be extinct on earth. But they could live again on Elyria. Save earths animals that have recently gone extinct or are very close like the white rhino.