COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
1st Annual Helgrim Tournament and Vornair Kingdom Faire (RP Event)

The First Annual Helgrim Tournament and Vornair Kingdom Faire

Hear ye, Vorn! Join us on:

Saturday August 19th, 2017

Festivities start at 3 PM EST and don’t stop until we’re all ready to drop!

Show off your favorite character’s antics in our festival Role Play channels.

Try your hand at the Archery Tournament starting at 5:00pm EST and the Jousting Tournament starting at 6:00pm EST.

Tell everyone about your guild or group at the Faire! Register for a booth in the link below, and people from across the Kingdom can learn more about your focus and plans.

How will the Tournaments work? Read on!

Rules for Joust

All competitors will have an equal chance at winning. No single player will have an advantage over another. Each player will use a basic flat 1d20 roll to determine the outcome of each tilt. The event will be a single elimination tournament. Each match will consist of 3 tilts and a scoring system(5 tilts for the semifinals and finals).

The scoring system is as follows:

1 point - The tip of the lance breaks upon the opponent’s shield or body.

3 points - The tip of the lance breaks upon the opponent’s helm.

Instant Victory - As a result of a lance strike, your opponent is unhorsed.

How the dice rolls affect whether you hit or not:

1-9 - Miss

10-19 - Hit

20 - You unhorse your opponent

-If both players roll a hit, and are within 5 points of each other, both players break a lance and score 1 point.

-If both players roll a hit, and 1 player is 6-9 points higher than the other, the higher roll lands a blow to the opponent’s helm and scores 3 points.

-If one player rolls a result 10 or more points higher than his opponent, the player with the lower score must roll a d20. If the score is a 1-10, the opponent is unhorsed. If the score is 11-20, the opponent remains in his saddle.

If at the end of 3 tilts the score is tied, the opponents will continue to joust until the next point is scored. (Sudden Death)

Rules for Archery

The Archery Tournament will be a single competitor event. Each participant will perform 5 shots at a single target with concentric circles making up the target area. Each circle will have a different point value starting with the smallest point value on the outer ring and growing larger as the rings get closer to the center. The center ring is called the “Bullseye”. At the center of the Bullseye will be attached an acorn. Any competitor striking the acorn will receive bonus points for that round. At the end of the round, the scores will be tallied and the top half of the competitors will move on to the next round.

Scoring will be determined by an unmodified, flat 1d20 roll. The scoring system is as follows:

1 - 4 - Miss

5 - 8 - 1 point

9 - 12 - 3 points

13 - 15 - 5 points

16 - 17 - 8 points

18 -19 - 10 points

20 - 20 points (Acorn)

Register your Guild Booth

Register for the Joust

Register for the Archery Tournament

Role Play Channels will be created and announced on the day of the event. In the meantime if you have questions or comments contact Baron Viktor Galliand in Helgrim’s Discord Channel

All Kingdoms and Organizations Welcome!!

7/21/2017 4:32:42 AM #1

Congratulations on your Aniversary!

7/21/2017 5:50:23 AM #2

It will be my pleasure to have a representative of the Esotericum in attendance. Best of luck making this a grand event with folks from all over the map!

The Esotericum

7/21/2017 6:53:34 AM #3

Posted By Gammea at 11:32 PM - Thu Jul 20 2017

Congratulations on your Aniversary!

Thank you so much! I hope you will attend, even if it's just to drop in and say hello.

7/21/2017 6:56:02 AM #4

Posted By Cortillaen at 12:50 AM - Fri Jul 21 2017

It will be my pleasure to have a representative of the Esotericum in attendance. Best of luck making this a grand event with folks from all over the map!

It will be my pleasure to host this event for you and all who will attend. It is my hope that it will aid you in spreading the word about your Organization.

7/21/2017 7:20:39 AM #5

Beautiful, my good man! I love all the RP events you've been involved in. I regret that I was not able to make the derby horse races, so I will be sure to not miss this one.

Also, how could I miss an opportunity to shoot some arrows?

7/21/2017 7:56:45 AM #6

Posted By Rheika at 02:20 AM - Fri Jul 21 2017

Beautiful, my good man! I love all the RP events you've been involved in. I regret that I was not able to make the derby horse races, so I will be sure to not miss this one.

Also, how could I miss an opportunity to shoot some arrows?

May your arrows fly true, my Lady!

7/21/2017 1:09:27 PM #7

This looks so fun!

DPBoD2.jpg

7/21/2017 4:00:19 PM #8

As a bard of insurmountable talent, I render my services as a Herald for whoever wishes to purchase my gregarious talents.

7/22/2017 3:04:09 AM #9

Looking forward to the event and meeting all challengers for both tournaments.

7/22/2017 6:14:57 AM #10

Great idea Viktor Galliand! Can you confirm this is open to "All Kingdoms and Organizations" on "All Servers" or just NA-E to avoid any confusion?

Good luck on your event!

7/22/2017 7:15:07 AM #11

Posted By Noslim at 01:14 AM - Sat Jul 22 2017

Great idea Viktor Galliand! Can you confirm this is open to "All Kingdoms and Organizations" on "All Servers" or just NA-E to avoid any confusion?

Good luck on your event!

@Noslim Yes, we are happy to have any and all visitors from other Kingdoms, even from other servers. Feel free to sign up for any of the events.

7/24/2017 7:39:25 PM #12

Smokes, this looks cool

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

7/24/2017 11:22:56 PM #13

That's a mighty fine-looking post and event you've got there Viktor. ;-)

Looking forward to it.

8/1/2017 2:14:28 AM #14

Can't wait Viktor. I had a lot of fun at the derby. I will make sure to bring another group with me again for more fun and laughs!

8/1/2017 12:21:57 PM #15

This is amazing, congratulations! I really love this kind of initiatives.

My best wishes!