COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Buffing up stats

So when it comes to attribute stats like strength, constitution and such how will we advance and progress in those? If we do physical work that's challenging for our strength stat would that incur an increase?

Likewise, goes for intelligence and social attributes and how to raise those.

The underlying question is, can I create a "bolster buddy" character that's just there to raise the stats of my family via bolstering.

Edit: is there a way to change the title? I think "Bolster Buddies" might be a better title

UDL

7/22/2017 5:38:29 AM #1

Thinking more on it, bolstering and how it's done could be a potential exploit for multiboxers especially for the Waerd.

UDL

7/29/2017 3:32:53 AM #2

So does the resounding dislikes mean you can't raise base stats like strength intelligence leadership?

UDL

7/29/2017 4:45:49 AM #3

I'm not sure why the dislikes. The answer to your question is:

You raise your attributes along the three axes by performing skills that are related to them.

When you succeed at a task, the more likely you were to fail, the more likely it is to increase your stat by a small amount.

Incidentally, the physical stats are: Strength, Agility, Stamina
Mental: Will, Reason, Focus
Social: Persuasion, Intuition, Leadership

~Caspian

7/29/2017 6:22:37 AM #4

Yeah, the dislikes are completely unwarranted. New people come into the forums and need help time and again. No reason to downvote without even attempting to help them.

7/29/2017 8:10:34 AM #5

Posted By Viralyte at 02:22 AM - Sat Jul 29 2017

Yeah, the dislikes are completely unwarranted. New people come into the forums and need help time and again. No reason to downvote without even attempting to help them.

There seems to be a group of us that just down vote things and leave it to the rest of us to figure out why they did it. I can't tell you how many posts I have seen that have down votes on it for no apparent reason.

7/29/2017 3:27:14 PM #6

It is similar to the reality that there will be some folks in this game that want to go around and just attempt to destroy what other people are working on. It wont be for their own glory or their own riches or anything like that. It will simply be because they are destroyers.

That being said, any information at all on being able to raise stats, it is important.

7/30/2017 9:10:47 PM #7

As put by caspian, you can raise your stats. We're not quite sure yet of how does it work, but we know that it's a progress bar that rewards both failure and success. There are some dev. Journals with more information on it but unfortunately I don't remember which ones. I highly recommend you to go on and explore them if you haven't donne it already, they hold lots of infirmation

7/31/2017 10:10:16 AM #8

I just hope jumping a million times doesn't increase agility. Or anything else similar to that within reason. If it's a single press of a button I will feel sad inside if it's like oblivion/morrowind.

7/31/2017 12:59:07 PM #9

sounds cartoonish...

Backer #733 "What do we tell the God of Death? not today... not today!"

7/31/2017 1:02:51 PM #10

Posted By 1mmaculateDeception at 11:27 AM - Sat Jul 29 2017

It is similar to the reality that there will be some folks in this game that want to go around and just attempt to destroy what other people are working on. It wont be for their own glory or their own riches or anything like that. It will simply be because they are destroyers.

That being said, any information at all on being able to raise stats, it is important.

Some people just want to watch the world burn

(sorry, couldn't resist :) )