COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
The Prologue and Family questions

Apologies if some of these questions don't belong here. I just have so many and there doesn't seem to be a main question thread to post my topic. If there is a correct place to post these question please let me know and I will post them there.

So my first question is actually something I've been hearing a lot about that I'm confused about. The prologue of the game for some reason is confusing the crap out of me. Is this part of the full game or is it just part of the beta and alpha? The reason I ask this is because this game is talking about OUR adventure and our choices we make. Our character and his legacy could be a brave knight or a drunken has been adventurer it all depends on what we want to do. So why is it the prologue sets us up to be an adventurous person who is going on quest and going through mines? Or is the prologue simply just away to show new players how to play and the character we play as is a decedent or random person?

I rather like the idea of playing as your main characters decedent in the prologue/tutorial it sounds like it could be a interesting part of the story. Like your decedent was the famous mercenary who traversed the Silver Run Mines only for you to become a drunken down on his luck monster killer.

Anyway speaking of decedents and children and families how does that work in the game. I'm sure finding a wife in game requires you to talk to people and strike up a relationship with them. But the children you have with them will never be controlled by you it's always a new player and there is nothing wrong with that at all. I guess I always just thought that it was me that was going to be controlling the child of my first character when my first character died and so on and so on. Rather than creating a new character that belongs to a new family and what not.

Anyway hope these questions weren't posted in the wrong place. Thank you anyone who is able to answer the questions I have. Hope to see some of you in game :)

• Cayde

7/25/2017 5:42:49 AM #1

The Prologue is part of Alpha/Beta and anything you do within it won't be brought into the main game (except knowledge/player skill). If you want to do Alpha/Beta content that does translate in some way, take a look at the MUD/KOE.

7/25/2017 6:49:49 AM #2

Prologue is a single player mini game, a bit of a tutorial to the real game, nothing to do with your final characters. I hope it will let us test out different tribes to get a feel for what feels best, but seems centered around grasslands and Neran.

Marrying real players most likely easier than npc as you have to get to know and woo them somehow, you do not need marriage to get children, just sign a contract with a willing character of opposite sex. On the other hand you get some bonuses when married (do not have to be with opposite sex) and there is bolstering of stats when teamed up with family.

Children or family members can be locked if you do not want random people to play them, you can give their codes to friends or assign someone to be your heir - thus continuing to play as that one once your first character perma dies, if the character is of suitable age that is, not too young or too old.

You can have a new child every ingame year if you have enough bedrooms and suplies for taking care of them. You can somehow have them learn some professions so the take over will be smoother as you do not need to re-learn everything.

7/25/2017 7:04:13 AM #3

The Prologue is only sort of an Alpha/Beta thing. It's a stand-alone single-player experience set in a small area, designed to let players test things like the graphics engine, UI, and how the world feels to run around in before Soulbound gets all the parts made for the full game and fully integrates player clients and the servers. It has a story set a few years to a few decades before what the world will be at launch, literally a prologue to get things rolling.

What you do in the Prologue will have no effect on any characters you play in the full game. But it will give you a taste of the story and a chance to see how the game feels to play before things are too finalized to change. The alpha/beta experiences in this game have a much stronger focus on getting player feedback than most game studios aim for.

More info on the different pre-alpha experiences can be found here.

As for your second question about children, your kids will spawn in as NPCs at first, with the owner of the child (set at conception as part of the contract) getting a Child Code that allows them to play the kid once said kid is fifteen or older. You can keep the child code for your own use, give it to a friend so they can take over your kid, or open it up to the general public. So yes, you will be able to play your kids and grandkids just fine.

7/25/2017 12:10:53 PM #4

All three of the Pre-Alpha experiences will tie into the main game in some way. In ElyriaMUD and Kingdoms of Elyria we will be playing the ancestors of our characters in the main game. They will allow us to start our individual stories and the stories of the player communities. Individual and community stories will be driven by the personal destiny of individual characters, the influences and opportunities provided by NPCs, and other players, and the choices we make. In the Prologue, my understanding is that we will play as a specific character in the world who will experience firsthand the first major event in the world story. The world story is being specifically designed by SBS. Every month we will see the equivalent of a new chapter or episode in the world story, and every year we will see the equivalent of a new book or season. The world story will start the same on all servers, but will diverge as we react to world events in different ways. The Prologue will act both as a tutorial for the game mechanics, and an introduction to the world story to help us all start on the same page.

Shieldwall Strong!

7/25/2017 11:56:17 PM #5

Thank you all for your answers! I'm excited for the ElyriaMUD and Kingdoms of Elyria hopefully I'll be able to get the beta or alpha even. I'm not sure yet I have hit pay day yet lol.

• Cayde