COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Tribe ethnicicty variance

Hey everyone, I did some looking around, but I could not find my answer. I was curious on character creation parameters and how much we are expecting to deviate from tribe to tribe. For example, I want to make a black character with the closest color to white hair as possible. Is this even a possibility with any of the tribes? Also curious what other people plan on doing with their characters. Personally I believe creating your character is one of the most fun aspects of the game. I feel like it would be a bummer if I can't play 10/12 tribes because I insist on playing my real ethnicity. I understand for tribes such as the Yoru, but for the vast majority I believe there should be some level of variance to relate to the real world population.

We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long. That we are now capable of doing anything, with nothing.

7/28/2017 1:02:51 AM #1

If I have to be a Waerd to be black, I'll be super bummed. Why does the most sketchy of the tribes have to be black! (joking) but you see my point as to wanting to put a little of yourself into your character without making it define your playstyle.

We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long. That we are now capable of doing anything, with nothing.

7/28/2017 12:39:40 PM #2

The Neeran are supposed to be the most homosapien like of the races, basically being modern humans. I would say it would be a bit odd if they weren't able to have dark skin. I imagine most of the tribes not described as extra pale (Like arctic tribes and the Dras in the swamp) will have a fair amount of variance in skin tone, though some may vary more toward a red or chesnut in the darker spectrum rather than a darker black complexion.

Since you will be able to choose from the grand souls collection based on character features at character creation you should be able just to filter to characters with approximately the complexion you're after and see what's available in the world, or if none suit you see which tribe gets closest and make a ward that lines up with what you want.

7/28/2017 1:43:14 PM #3

From what we currently know about the tribes, it does not appear that you will be able to play a character with dark skin and white hair at the start of their life, though they may end up with this coloring as they age. The Weard do appear to be the only tribe that would be considered "black" until the Erishe are discovered, though maybe a particularly dark skinned Janoan or To'resk will also fall into that category. Caspian said that his goal was for each tribe to appeal to 1/12th of the players, so if only one or two tribes appeal to you, then I guess they've done what they set out to do.

Shieldwall Strong!