COMMUNITY - FORUMS - REPORT A BUG
Incorrect number of sparks

As a KS backer I am supposed to receive 4 sparks of life apparently, my forum account says I have three.

My 50 dollar merchandise credit also doesn't show up in my forum inventory nor is it listed in my current 'package' when I check. On that note, wondering when I can use the credit as I just want to exchange for EP of equivalent value.

Still also have 624 EP instead of 625.

Friend Code: 92BF2D

7/31/2017 6:17:39 PM #1

Hello!

The KS Baron tier came with 2 Sparks of Life and 3 souls. Let us know where you saw that it was supposed to include more.

Additionally, (edit) KS rewards have not been applied yet to KS backers.

Lastly, we're aware of the 1 EP issue and it will be resolved as previously stated at a future date.

Thank you and let us know if you have additional questions.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

7/31/2017 6:51:18 PM #2

When I access my forum account here and click the package I own, it explicitly states 4 sparks of life 3 souls. Even if that is an incorrect value, that is what it says.

Account -> Current package: Baron/Baroness -> Page detailing its contents

7/31/2017 7:15:12 PM #3

3 souls means I can pick one of the three as the one I play, not that I will get three characters.

From my limited understanding of previous information some souls will be 'older' as in having past lifetimes and skill ramps built in. Most souls will be fresh at launch, but randomly someone may get an older soul; I believe you get 3 to choose from to increase your chance of getting this older soul.

I am 100% sure you don't share them with your friends.

Though perhaps you can get three characters for yourself, by spending three sparks who knows. I probably wouldn't do that, unless I am in desperate need of free poor quality guardsmen.

7/31/2017 10:07:30 PM #4

Posted By Dumont at 2:51 PM - Mon Jul 31 2017

When I access my forum account here and click the package I own, it explicitly states 4 sparks of life 3 souls. Even if that is an incorrect value, that is what it says.

Same for me. 4 sparks of life three souls

Friend code: FF2B6D
7/31/2017 10:13:04 PM #5

From Kickstarter:

ANNOUNCEMENT - Bank error in your favor! Time to celebrate! We messed up on Sparks of Life when creating the Kickstarter reward tiers.

Here are the actual additional Sparks of Life (note: 1 is included with the game, not mentioned in this list) that are awarded in each tier, each with a retail value of $30:

$75 : +1 Spark of Life (total of 1 extra) $150 : +1 extra Sparks of Life (total of 2 extra) $350 : +2 extra Sparks of Life (total of 4 extra) $750 : +3 extra Sparks of Life (total of 7 extra) $1,500 : +3 extra Sparks of Life (total of 10 extra) $2,500 : +5 extra Sparks of Life (total of 15 extra) $5,000 : +5 extra Sparks of Life (total of 20 extra) Note: This overwrites any mentioned of Sparks of Life in the reward tiers. You can also see these changes reflected in the reward tier chart images below.

So as a baron ($250 tier) you would have the default spark everyone gets, plus 2 extra, for a total of 3 sparks, along with the 3 souls everyone gets. The pledge store baron was changed to get more sparks of life but they got less of some other KS tier goodies I think.

8/1/2017 1:38:55 AM #6

Checked and my KS package says i get 4 sparks, 3 souls (Ursaphont Rider, Early Bird), but i only have 3 sparks listed on my inventory.
Sounds like same issue.

8/1/2017 8:35:32 AM #7

I'm a Weapon Master and according to the original Kickstarter I should get 11 Total Sparks of Life. Using the 'bank error' post, I should still have 11 Total Sparks of Life. In my account I have 11 Total Sparks of Life.

This said, in my Web Store Package it says I get; * 12 Sparks of Life * 3 Souls to choose from

By the looks of it all the Web Store Packages have had an extra Spark of Life added that shouldn't be there. I assume it's a typo from when they were written up?

"But the Duchess had no common sense, probably because it was, well, too common." - Terry Pratchett
Selene Server Contact for The Older Gamers (TOG) | Friend Code: DE07B6

8/1/2017 10:04:58 PM #8

Oh that is interesting. I bought the duke package with 17 sparks of life: Imgur

And my account shows me 17 sparks of life. So everything is fine.

But the shop description shows now only 16 sparks of life for the duke package. Maybe they changed that for people who buy that package now, but i don't know why they would do that. That must be a mistake and it should be 17 sparks of life.

Alt text - can be left blank

8/2/2017 10:26:08 AM #9

Same error here, when I click my pledge package on my account page: Imgur

But then below my influence count: Imgur

8/2/2017 11:12:25 PM #10

Thanks for the updated information everyone, we'll get to the bottom of it!

8/3/2017 7:05:56 AM #11

Checked my KS Baron package just now and it says 3 parks of Life. Odd that some of us with KS packages list 3 while others list 4 sparks.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

8/3/2017 4:03:14 PM #12

I vaguely recall there being a reward for finding issues/bugs/whatever.

I do wonder if this qualifies me for such a thing.

Seems it isn't just me seeing this spark difference.

8/3/2017 5:55:17 PM #13

Posted By Dumont at 11:51 AM - Mon Jul 31 2017

Hi and thanks for your report Dumont. When we check your inventory we show 3 Sparks of Life. Would you be able to take a screenshot and send it to us where it shows 4?

Thank you very much.

8/3/2017 6:16:56 PM #14

Hi Serpentius, my package on the website also currently shows 9 sparks of life, while the kickstarter quote I linked above shows my tier ($750) should have 8 total.

Account Package

8/3/2017 6:40:30 PM #15

I should have 1 spark

House BloodBeard - Kill the boy, let the man be born

~~All Hail the Lord of Fire~~