COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Bioluminescent mutation

I think it would be awesome if bio-luminescent eyes were a potential mutation! What do you think?

8/3/2017 4:19:51 PM #1

Wasn't it said on either the Discord or on a official post, that the Kypiqs would have glow in the dark eyes or their eyes be reflective to light? Similar to how have cats have it. Does anyone else have a better memory of this?

-MX

Alt text - can be left blank

8/3/2017 4:32:55 PM #2

Reflective is not the same as luminescent - but yes, it was mentioned that Kypiq have eyes that reflect light like a cat's.

I have to wonder how useful glowing eyes would actually be. Where does the light come from? Have you ever held a light source really close to your eyes and try to see by it? I would imagine that glowing eyes would actually make night vision impossible.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

8/3/2017 5:01:28 PM #3

Well I never said the trait would be beneficial. But a mutation that is aesthetic isn't entirely negative either. Maybe it just gives you a more graceful presence. Easier to spot in the dark, and a slightly lower than average night vision. Violence isnt the only thing that happens in the dark wink wink

8/26/2017 1:33:04 AM #4

well maybe not in the eyes but on the skin i cant see why not, bio luminescense in nature is used for attracting mates and hunting mostly

10/9/2017 8:19:54 PM #5

Bioluminescent bugs and stuff would be really neat but I'm not sure about eyes tbh