COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Medicine quest

So one thing that is never addressed in other MMOs that would never have the same impact without perma-death is the seriousness of disease. If you have not ever seen Mushi-Shi I would definately look into it to get an understanding of what I am thinking of as far as what to expect those sorts of quests to consist of.

(Youtube Mushishi AMV Sight)

8/4/2017 11:53:26 AM #1

Mushi-Shi is a terrific series, and I would love for some of the questlines and talents to take inspiration from it. I love how despite each episode having a similar premise (trouble caused by supernatural creatures most people can't see), each story unfolds very differently. You never know if you will get a happy ending, a tragic ending, a bittersweet ending, or a creepy ending. I would love that range of possibility for questlines in-game. I also love how it has an incredible sense of mystery and wonder while having Ginko take a relatively scientific and ration approach to the situations he faces.

As for disease, SBS's current stance is that disease won't cause death, but will cause stat or skill loss that cannot be removed until the disease is cured.

Shieldwall Strong!

8/4/2017 6:52:24 PM #2

Thank you for giving your synopsis on Mushi-Shi I was struggling to find good words for it.

I know what they said about player-affecting diseases, I just figured there was potential for animal, plant, maybe even children being impacted in different ways. something to add to the dramatic element of the game.

I also like how all mushi are not an illness, or the reason they became a problem was circumstantial.

It also would be an amazing way to interact with diseases, and maybe even they are connected to the astral plane.

How dramatic would it be if children were susceptible to the diseases that only debuff older pcs and npcs?